What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Messenger Plus conflicting with something

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Messenger Plus conflicting with something
Author: Message:
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus conflicting with something
quote:
Originally posted by StuL
The location which it was trying to save to was \\Stuart\Stu's Documents (Stuart being the name of the PC which I formatted).  When I formatted, I changed the name of the computer to Stuarts.  I would imagine that if I had kept the name as Stuart, there wouldn't have been a problem.

Hope that clears things up a little.
Ok ... then now i understand what happened :)

from time to time, plus saves the conversation and your plus tried to save it in \\Stuart\Stu's Documents . Then it has to find the computer called stuart and because you formatted it and changed its name, Plus can't find it, therefore plus freezed messenger a bit, while looking for a computer called stuart.

as a conclusion, i'd recomend to save the logs in a local folder;)
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
10-15-2005 09:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
simon4599

RE: Messenger Plus conflicting with something
I don't know what it is, but the day before yesterday my messenger plus live was working great, and now whenever I restore/maximize the window it freezes the whole computer until I hit the windows key+m to go to the desktop, therefore minimizing the whole window. The computer works great after that, until I unminimize the messenger window at which point it freezes again. It freezes up so badly that the toggle keys, which I have turned on, lag. That really must be freezing a lot! Anyways, I haven't installed any new programs lately, but I do have a few of the programs mentioned here so far. WinRar, AVG free, adobe reader 7, bear share which is sort of like limewire but I just uninstalled that so never mind, 7zip which is basically the same thing as WinRar, winamp, ABC, which is a torent downloader, and a few other things. I ended almost all the processes on my username and it still freezes. If you have something to say, could you **please!** email me instead of replying to this? Just send an email to SimonJaeger@shaw.ca ... I just tried to put a link and it didn't work so I had to go back and edit it. Anyways, the thing is, I use a screen reader, and it's kinda hard to sort through all the posts people have made, let alone get back to this thread. So I would reallly apreciate it if you emailed me instead. Thanks. Oh, I have just gone back and edited it, so it should automatically notify me when an reply is posted.

This post was edited on 08-08-2006 at 04:55 PM by simon4599.
08-08-2006 04:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: