What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Webcam disconnects wireless connection

Webcam disconnects wireless connection
Author: Message:
jordanspringer

jjordann

– / Male / –
O.P. Webcam disconnects wireless connection
Hey, I have never had any problems using webcams with Windows Live Messenger, until today. I am trying to have either a webcam, or Video Call with one specific contact. My webcam works with every other contact on my list, but with this one contact, if I try to view their cam, get them to view mine, or have a video call, it always says Connecting... then it disconnects my computer from the internet!

I am using a Di-524 router from Dlink, and a USB Adapter to pick up the wireless signal on my PC. The firmware on the router is up to date, and nothing seems to work, anyone ever experience this?
[Image: name4ld.png]
08-12-2006 10:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
splarch

RE: Webcam disconnects wireless connection
I'm having a similar problem, but its not llimited to one contact.

I can get the cam session started and conected, but then MSN just disconnects itself.

My wireless appears to be fine as I can still browse and my other IM apps are still connected.

This problem doesn't occur all the time, but when it does, I have to reboot my PC to stand any chance of maintaining MSN connectivity and the cam session.

Cheers.
09-22-2006 02:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: