What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Doubt] Contact information.

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
[Doubt] Contact information.
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Doubt] Contact information.
quote:
Originally posted by Deco
How do I access this information at runtime?
You can't, as you have found out yourself why (the email is decrypted in the registry).

(cloudhunter: a script could in theory perfectly retrieve that information since it is stored in the registry... if it wasn't for the encrypted email)

quote:
Also, is there a way to change the tooltip that comes up when I hover the mouse above the contacts?
No, there are no common ways to do this (unless you hook Messenger like Plus! does).

quote:
Since we're talking about it...
Anyway you guys think is possible to retrieve last online info from the server itself?
If you mean the time logged by the msn servers (thus also for the contacts you do not have on your list): Privacy invasion... thus no.

(cloudhunter: that kind of stuff IS logged as that is often used in issues involving account theft and lost passwords and stuff)

quote:
The only problem is .. the email and last online data is encrypted. Anyone willing to help me out on this one?
There is nothing to help out on unfortunatly.... There is currently no (publically known) way to decrypt the contact's email so you can retrieve the info.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-15-2006 10:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Doubt] Contact information.
That's what I meant by help.. trying to decrypt it. I'll give it a shot this week and weekend and I'll let you guys know if I had any sucess.

Unless Patchou wants to share it with us ! :)
08-15-2006 11:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: