What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Windows, Hard disk problem. my comps on deathbed!

Windows, Hard disk problem. my comps on deathbed!
Author: Message:
Rubber Stamp

It Was Never Random

34 / Male / –
O.P. Windows, Hard disk problem. my comps on deathbed!
i have been having lots of trouble with my computer lately. since yesterday, my comp has gone very very slow. the mouse reacts many seconds after i move it. and i takes almost 10 minutes for the win xp bar to load.
also, i have two hard disks, one 40 GB and one 80 GB, and when i started my comp just now, My Computer shows only the two drives of the 40 GB HD, on which windows is installed. but i checked BIOS and it is detecting both the hard disks.
then i thought reinstalling windows might help, but when i start installing, i get the blue coloured screen, but it gets stuck at "SETUP IS STARTING WINDOWS", and it wont move any furthur after that, so i cant even install a fresh copy of windows. i tried windows restore. it didnt work.
i am using win xp sp2
intel motherboard, processor
1 GB Ram.
plz help me with this.
08-16-2006 04:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Windows, Hard disk problem. my comps on deathbed!
I had problems like that too..Windows not detecting second HDD...then finally it stopped recognising it in total and i got a booterror on restart...

Then suddenly windows loaded normally again after turning it off and on again. So i went and bought a second HDD (certainly the HDD had died) and put that in. Next day Windows didn't recognize my second HDD again (the new one uhuh!!!), so i thought how about the IDE cable? I replaced that one and sofar so good.

I too suffer from a slow computer...still...

Seeing from what you've tried i fear a reformat and reinstall of Windows is needed...and possibly replacing the IDE cable.

This post was edited on 08-16-2006 at 04:47 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
08-16-2006 04:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Rubber Stamp

It Was Never Random

34 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Windows, Hard disk problem. my comps on deathbed!
i tried formating. i cant even do that. it gets stuck at "setup is starting windows". right now, my mouse pointer is stuck at one place, i am using the keyboard to operate the comp. plz plz help me. this really sucks. and the second hard drive is a SATA drive, so i just have one red cable connecting it to the MB, and one for power.
08-16-2006 04:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Kenji
Veteran Member

Previously: Dazmatic, Dazzy, :zippy:

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows, Hard disk problem. my comps on deathbed!
Have you got another windows disk?, if you have then try that, if that dosnt work the like sunshine said, try another IDE  or another SATA cable.

I had a problemm when i was installing windows and i had to constantly switch windows disks throuout setup as i scartched both of them :$

This post was edited on 08-16-2006 at 05:00 PM by Kenji.
08-16-2006 04:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: