What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version
Author: Message:
pfc432

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
http://mirror.msgplus.net/MsgPlusLive-400.exe
I used Google, found in about 5 minutes
Thanx sooo much, NiteMare =))
It seems that somtimes I just can't google properly :$

I don't know whether it's something that should happen or simply a bug, but I have tried to import the settings and couldn't. Got this error message:
[Image: zimportingcn0.png]

Pablo
08-21-2006 06:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version
i got that same error when i tryed to import settings from messenger plus 3 final release prior to 4. must be a bug.
08-21-2006 08:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i got that same error when i tryed to import settings from messenger plus 3 final release prior to 4. must be a bug.
Well if you read the error it clearly isn't a bug :rolleyes:. My quess is either the settings pack format has changed, or because the features have changed patchou decided not to let you import the settings, either way it looks like it is by design.
08-21-2006 08:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
You can export settings from Plus! Live 4.00 and import them back in Plus! Live 4.01, it will work perfectly.

If you get the above message, that's because you're trying to import a file from Messenger Plus! 3. If you believe that it's not the case, please send me your file to mplus@patchou.com .
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-21-2006 10:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
You can export settings from Plus! Live 4.00 and import them back in Plus! Live 4.01, it will work perfectly.

If you get the above message, that's because you're trying to import a file from Messenger Plus! 3. If you believe that it's not the case, please send me your file to mplus@patchou.com .
hey patchou, have you consitered making a mini program that will convert the Plus!3 exported preferances in the Plus!live 4.00 format
giving messages for what features cna not be converted, such as custom names
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6656 days, 21 hours, 52 minutes, 22 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
08-21-2006 11:37 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

hey patchou, have you consitered making a mini program that will convert the Plus!3 exported preferances in the Plus!live 4.00 format
giving messages for what features cna not be converted, such as custom names

hey nitemare that might be a good idea so it would convert the settings that exist in both 3 and 4 into 4xx compatable and then put up a config interface to ask you how you want to configure the remaining settings new to the 4xx range of features, but when converting rather than just changing the existing file it uses the existing file make the conversion and allows you to save the changes as a seperate file that way if your running both version 7 and 8 of msn messenger using mp3 for msn7 and mpl4 with msn8 you can use your mp3 settings file to quickly setup your mpl4 settings but keep an exported settings file for both systems. maybe it doesnt even require patchou to make this program, i mean maybe a script is capable of this functionality i dont know.
08-22-2006 05:47 AM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
well i haven't looked at eather file so i have no clue
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6656 days, 21 hours, 52 minutes, 22 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
08-22-2006 06:24 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
The file formats are relative easly...

However, not all settings from Plus!3 can be changed to Plus!4 as-is. Plus!3 had relative more options than Plus!4 and some settings can't be converted likt that because they work that tad differently in Plus!4. Other settings don't exist in Plus!4, and yet other settings require to have routines which aren't documented (yet) like the email encryption. And then there are settings which can't be converted because Plus!4 needs more info/options which aren't in Plus!3...

The easiest way is to simply install Plus!4 which will port the settings from Plus!3 to Plus!4 upon first install (if possible).

It isn't strait forward.

If something needs to be created to convert Plus!3 preferences files, I think it should be done by Patchou himself as only he knows all the ins and outs of each registry key (and there are a lot ins and outs to know about the registry keys).

This post was edited on 08-22-2006 at 08:50 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-22-2006 08:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
ok fair enough after all i am not the expert here i just threw an idea out into the either to see what would happen. thanks cookie.
08-22-2006 07:39 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: