What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat?

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
[REQUEST] FullScreen Chat?
Author: Message:
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat?
The ability to overlay a conversation into a game isn't an easy task. I can tell you now your dreaming if you want Patchou to add this into Messenger Plus! Live.

This would be a huge project for one person to take on and I highly doubt your going to get what you want.
08-30-2006 01:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by FootSoulJah
Another Note: If this has been posted before please don't tell me to use the search function and flame me, I'm too lazy to do so.
I, of course, do not know about others, but by having such an attitude you are not really making me want to help you, so that you know... :-/

But anyways, there is a script called "message scroller" or something like that, that you can find in official scripts database, and it probably has some functionality you are asking for...
08-30-2006 07:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
FootSoulJah

O.P. RE: RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat?
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
The ability to overlay a conversation into a game isn't an easy task. I can tell you now your dreaming if you want Patchou to add this into Messenger Plus! Live.

This would be a huge project for one person to take on and I highly doubt your going to get what you want.

So it is possible, but your saying it's much of a hassle to make? oh well...

quote:
Originally posted by Pure_BY
quote:
Originally posted by FootSoulJah
Another Note: If this has been posted before please don't tell me to use the search function and flame me, I'm too lazy to do so.
I, of course, do not know about others, but by having such an attitude you are not really making me want to help you, so that you know... :-/

But anyways, there is a script called "message scroller" or something like that, that you can find in official scripts database, and it probably has some functionality you are asking for...

Message Scroller isn't even near what I'm looking for I'm afraid
08-30-2006 08:53 PM
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
Hey there I ended up trying the same thing you wanted and I could get msn messages to go into the game by hooking directx and using Pai's Xniff to retrieve messages I wanted.

My problem now is to send messages from the game to msn. I can get them out and sent but sometimes (I have no clue why) it tabs out when I send a message. If I get this fixed I'll share it  with you.

What game are you playing and what version of directx does it use?

10-18-2006 03:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
FootSoulJah

O.P. RE: RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat?
quote:
Originally posted by Deco
Hey there I ended up trying the same thing you wanted and I could get msn messages to go into the game by hooking directx and using Pai's Xniff to retrieve messages I wanted.

My problem now is to send messages from the game to msn. I can get them out and sent but sometimes (I have no clue why) it tabs out when I send a message. If I get this fixed I'll share it  with you.

What game are you playing and what version of directx does it use?

Thanks I appreciate this a lot =D

The games I'm play are WoW, Battlefield 2, Counter Strike Source, Warcraft 3 and Company of Heroes.

As you can see they are all DirectX 9 games (not sure if Warcraft 3 is dx9 or dx8.)

Your gonna have to make it work on DirectX10 soon... which is on vista only... for vista users.

Anyway Thanks For Making It, and I wish you good luck that you will complete it and make it work without many bugs
10-23-2006 09:53 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
You don't need a sniffer for that. You can use the events in Plus!'s scripting engine for that.

quote:
In order to send a message Plus! needs to have the convo in focus. After the message is send the focus of the previous application/window is restored. That is: if you use Plus!'s method to send a message.

If you use another method (Windows API call or the likes) similar things could happen.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-23-2006 10:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
Just to give you a heads up...

Warcraft is directx8.. I got my program working to get msgs in game. Here's a screenshot. It's in portuguese but it gives you the idea. The looks are extremely simple for now. I can do transparent boxes and change font sizes and colors..

What I haven't mannaged to do just yet is to send a msg from the game to msn without losing focus on the game :/

And from what it looks I simply can't get to that. It's above my head to program a proxy tool to talk to the swichboard and nobody seems to want the challenge either :)

My program also works on CS-Source.

I'm still researching about this proxy thing but if I decide to give up (which should be sometime soon) I'll post the code and dlls of my program so you can at least see your msgs.

Have fun

.jpg File Attachment: tela2.JPG (127.27 KB)
This file has been downloaded 266 time(s).
10-23-2006 09:15 PM
Baggins

B000ALFAZO

29 / Male / Flag
i think it might be possible with very advanced api calls
10-23-2006 09:25 PM
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
If you have a theory on how... please enlighten us :)

10-23-2006 10:09 PM
FootSoulJah

O.P. RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat?
mmm... looks good on wc3... I noticed you get the messages on the top. what happens when your playing an actual game?
10-25-2006 09:25 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: