What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat?

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
[REQUEST] FullScreen Chat?
Author: Message:
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat?
I can change the location.. :)
I put it where it looks best in WC since there's a menu on the same spot during game play.

I'm almost to it.. I found a way to send messages without stealing focus but the message comes with the text and 30 space blanks after so I'm trying to fix that.

I'll keep you posted.
10-25-2006 02:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
FootSoulJah

O.P. RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat?
well I was thinking of putting it like where the chat message normally goes and it would say something like MR X (MSN) Says: blah blah blah

for most games. And if you could make it into more of an xfire like thing where you can open up MSN in game. after you are done with the basics that is
10-29-2006 09:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
Hey there...

I've found a way to overcome the pop up when I send msgs thing. My problem was on the Wnd.OpenChat command.. that brings up the window to front and sends the texto to it. The workaround was to iterate through all the open chat windows until I find the nickname I want to send msg to and then send a message in that window.   The down side is that you must have the window opened before you talk to the person (meaning he has to send you a msg before you talk to him or you have to open empty chat windows with everyone you intend to talk to) The other way of doing this.. though  the active acessibility is out of my league so for now this'll stay that way.

I've also made it so that you can chose between two places and color schemes.. I made two so that I could change to location A while I'm in the searching for game window and then switch to location B while I play since the best spot for each situation is different. I'm sure I can make it so that you can customize where to show, how big of a font, the color, black background, transparency and ... size of the text box.

I don't think I can do stuff like xFire where you have a pop up in the middle of the game that accepts clicks and whatnot.. but surely that's a good idea and I'll look into it.

So far I have tested with warcraft and cs-source.. it works fine.

There's another downside that you might want to know before you start getting your expectations up.. the way I found to send msgs from inside the game to msn was to have a script sniff all the messages going out the game port and match my command (!msn <nickname> <msg>) and then it sends through the regular script functions. Down side: everyone reads what you sent (since it's in game chat) My next step on this direction is to create a keyboard hook to "find out" when the first 4 letters I type are !msn and then redirect the keystrokes to my program instead of the regular place it goes :)

Lots of plans... lacking lots of knowledge.

If anyone is reading this and wants to give me a hand I'll be glad to receive some help.

Thanks

ps: please don't point posts about keyboard hooks in c++.. I only understand VB.net :)

10-31-2006 10:05 PM
FootSoulJah

O.P. RE: RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat?
quote:
Originally posted by Deco
Hey there...

I've found a way to overcome the pop up when I send msgs thing. My problem was on the Wnd.OpenChat command.. that brings up the window to front and sends the texto to it. The workaround was to iterate through all the open chat windows until I find the nickname I want to send msg to and then send a message in that window.   The down side is that you must have the window opened before you talk to the person (meaning he has to send you a msg before you talk to him or you have to open empty chat windows with everyone you intend to talk to) The other way of doing this.. though  the active acessibility is out of my league so for now this'll stay that way.

I've also made it so that you can chose between two places and color schemes.. I made two so that I could change to location A while I'm in the searching for game window and then switch to location B while I play since the best spot for each situation is different. I'm sure I can make it so that you can customize where to show, how big of a font, the color, black background, transparency and ... size of the text box.

I don't think I can do stuff like xFire where you have a pop up in the middle of the game that accepts clicks and whatnot.. but surely that's a good idea and I'll look into it.

So far I have tested with warcraft and cs-source.. it works fine.

There's another downside that you might want to know before you start getting your expectations up.. the way I found to send msgs from inside the game to msn was to have a script sniff all the messages going out the game port and match my command (!msn <nickname> <msg>) and then it sends through the regular script functions. Down side: everyone reads what you sent (since it's in game chat) My next step on this direction is to create a keyboard hook to "find out" when the first 4 letters I type are !msn and then redirect the keystrokes to my program instead of the regular place it goes :)

Lots of plans... lacking lots of knowledge.

If anyone is reading this and wants to give me a hand I'll be glad to receive some help.

Thanks

ps: please don't point posts about keyboard hooks in c++.. I only understand VB.net :)

I don't mind any of that but.. when you type <nickname> name bit does it have to be the full nickname or email or what?

Anyway sounds good keep up the good work
11-01-2006 06:23 AM
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
I've made it so that I can add nicknames instead of email.. so if you type !add SoulJah footsemail@hotmail.net then you can type !msn SoulJah hey there instead of the email.

Still trying to do keyboard hook now ;)

Will keep you posted
11-01-2006 01:01 PM
FootSoulJah

O.P. RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat?
Alright sounds good then =D just wondering what if the person uses an emotion? does it appear in game? and also a wink (even though no one uses those) and what about handwritting?

And if that person made there name in colour is it in colour in game or does it come up all in this code?
11-04-2006 10:24 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
emoticons are graphics, not text
winks are flash movies, not text
handwriting are graphics, not text
color are just textual codes, they need to be interpreted.

In other words, any stuff which isn't pure text will not be shown unless it is interpreted in the program/tool/addon itself.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-05-2006 05:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
As Cookie said.. anything that is not text will have to be interpreted by my program and the script.

I also have some news... I made a keyboard hook so that I don't have to send my chat to the game anymore. So we don't have the problem of people reading our talks anymore.

What I'm trying to do now is understand directx so I can input graphics and whatnot. So far all I can do is text :)

I'm sorry the project is taking so long but I don't want to send you this stuff before I KNOW that it's safe. It's using keyboard and mouse hooks, net sockets, net sniffing and data injection... quite a bunch of "bad stuff".

Will keep you posted.
11-05-2006 10:40 PM
felipEx
Scripting Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
i did it, but i have a problem..
the Plus! menu is always visible :S

[Image: fullscreenchat.png]

11-07-2006 12:02 AM
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
If you are willing to share your results send them here and I'll see what I can do about the menu ;)

Thanks
11-07-2006 12:02 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: