What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » HELP!... Scripts fault

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
HELP!... Scripts fault
Author: Message:
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: HELP!... Scripts fault
Still, can you try each script on its own..without any of the others running? This to rule out scripts interfering eachother. You can easily turn them off in Plus! Preferences, simply uncheck the box infront of the script(s).

If they do work separate you turn on the scripts one by one and check if it's still working ok.

I know Swimming Personal Message (i've got it here and used it to see if it worked), but since you uninstalled that script it shouldn't cause you any trouble. You could check if the folder of Swimming PSM got removed from Scripts folder (C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts).

This post was edited on 08-24-2006 at 10:51 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
08-24-2006 10:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
afromax

O.P. RE: HELP!... Scripts fault
It seems Swimming Personal Msg got removed as the folder no longer exists on C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts. i jus checked...

Scripts seem to work ok individually... however, still havin trouble with just NickChange and No Guest.

ok! got cha! lemme try that... usin each script individually... then checkin that Swimming Personal Message is removed... coz i suspect that it must have conflicted with NickChange as they both affect the same 'area' or feature of MSN... what u reckon?

This post was edited on 08-24-2006 at 10:58 PM by afromax.
08-24-2006 10:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by afromax
ok! got cha! lemme try that... usin each script individually... then checkin that Swimming Personal Message is removed... coz i suspect that it must have conflicted with NickChange as they both affect the same 'area' or feature of MSN... what u reckon?
You can't run two scripts on the same area at once (well i wouldn't, surely two scripts editing the same part at same time will cause conflicts). You can have them installed but turn them off when not in use (or if you use the Swimming PSM do not use the PSM function in NickChange).

If those scripts do not work properly when no other script is enabled, so just ChangeNick on it's own or No Guests on its own then those scripts are faulty and should be removed. Before you reinstall them i suggest you exit and restart WLM first. Install and test one by one.

This post was edited on 08-24-2006 at 11:06 PM by Sunshine.
08-24-2006 11:00 PM
afromax

O.P. RE: RE: HELP!... Scripts fault
sadly, that's what i did... n suspect that's what's caused this grief... was however hoping restorin my PC 2 a previous date will sort that out... could you kindly send me the file path that shows when u click on 'advanced' under NickChange configure... it no longer appears in the box that pops up...

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:
You can't run two scripts on the same area at once. You can have them installed but turn them off when not in use (or if you use the Swimming PSM do not use the PSM function in NickChange).

08-24-2006 11:06 PM
cloudhunter

37 / – / –
I doubt using a restore point would help...
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6719 days, 11 hours, 56 minutes, 14 seconds ago
08-24-2006 11:08 PM
afromax

O.P. RE: RE: HELP!... Scripts fault
ait. will do jus this... uninstall then install scripts individually... let u kno what happens...

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:
You can't run two scripts on the same area at once (well i wouldn't, surely two scripts editing the same part at same time will cause conflicts). You can have them installed but turn them off when not in use (or if you use the Swimming PSM do not use the PSM function in NickChange).

If those scripts do not work properly when no other script is enabled, so just ChangeNick on it's own or No Guests on its own then those scripts are faulty and should be removed. Before you reinstall them i suggest you exit and restart WLM first. Install and test one by one.

08-24-2006 11:09 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
... could you kindly send me the file path that shows when u click on 'advanced' under NickChange configure... it no longer appears in the box that pops up...
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\NickChange\1455029432.txt
08-24-2006 11:10 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Why has no one had this person open the script debugging window to see where the problem is if its his/her PC or the script.

Goto Plus! > Preferences > Scripts > Enable Script Debugging (check the box) > Apply > Ok

Plus! > Show Script Debugging

Change the script to the ones not working and post here everything that shows in the window.
08-25-2006 02:12 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: