What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Chat log grr

Chat log grr
Author: Message:
topmonkey

O.P. Undecided  Chat log grr
hiya all,
only just dwnloaded this add on! but, ive unmarked the chat log so it shouldnt save my conversations, but its still saving them? is there anything else i can do?
thanx x 8-)
09-06-2006 11:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Chat log grr
Just a few quick questions to just make sure we know exactly what is going on:

1. Are you sure that it still logging your conversations not just keeping your old ones?

2. Do you have logging by WLM enabled and are just getting confused with which one is logging your chats?

3. Did you save the preferences properly (is the checkbox still unchecked in the preferences)?

4. Did you only disable logging from speific contacts (just unticked using the plus! menu next to file, edit, ...., help in the top of the conversation window)?

5. What versions of Messenger Plus! Live and Windows Live Messenger are you using?

This post was edited on 09-06-2006 at 11:32 AM by markee.
[Image: markee.png]
09-06-2006 11:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
topmonkey

O.P. RE: Chat log grr
hiya thanx for replying!

ok sorry but your going to have to be a little patient with me pretty new to all this!

1. Are you sure that it still logging your conversations not just keeping your old ones?

yep its still logging all convos, as im typing with people its keeping them all logged!!

2. Do you have logging by WLM enabled and are just getting confused with which one is logging your chats?

No, all is ok there!

3. Did you save the preferences properly (is the checkbox still unchecked in the preferences)?

yes the box still unchecked, so that saved fine!

4. Did you only disable logging from speific contacts (just unticked using the plus! menu next to file, edit, ...., help in the top of the conversation window)?

no, made sure that NO logs were were kept for any contacts!

5. What versions of Messenger Plus! Live and Windows Live Messenger are you using?

I just thought it was windows live messenger, thats all it says!!

Just a thought if all else fails would uninstalling and reinstalling help?

thanx

09-06-2006 11:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Chat log grr
I'm sorry, I was hoping one of them was going to be where the problem was.  Maybe someone else can shed some light on this issue for you, at least I got rid of a lot of possibilities and you never know reinstalling might help.
[Image: markee.png]
09-06-2006 12:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: