What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead

Pages: (11): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead
Author: Message:
Lourix

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead
I feel so sorry for his family bless them.
[Image: 202180054.png]
09-04-2006 03:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
man that sucks... I got up this morning, turned on the tv like always to watch the news and when I heard about Steve Irwin's death, I had to play back the feed 4 times to make sure I didn't misunderstood.

This is a sad sad day, this guy was one of the few that I really admire for his work with animals.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-04-2006 04:50 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
segosa
Community's Choice

RE: RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead
quote:
Originally posted by traxor

too many people are being disrespectful.

Why? Because they don't care that someone they didn't know died? Guess what, no one cares. Not really. Except his family and close friends. Sure, you aren't happy that he died, and neither am I, but are you crying about it? Are you losing any sleep? Are you sitting there wishing he'd come back, thinking back over all the nice memories you two had together? No.

How are people being disrespectful? By making those images? Just because someone made an image like that doesn't mean they are any more happy or unhappy that he died than anyone else. It doesn't mean they sat around with Photoshop open laughing to themselves thinking "Ha ha, Steve Irwin is dead, I'm going to make this image to show everyone how funny I think the situation is and how I don't care about him!" This is the Internet, for God's sake. In a lot of cases the images are created to piss you off anyway. And they succeed. Every time.

As they say, no one kicks a dead dog. No one makes "funny" images out of someone they don't care about. It's a compliment. They care about him enough to make an image like that. It doesn't mean they're evil bastards who wish he'd died sooner. Who would?

Do you think his friends and family are going to look at those images and think that it must have been the work of some heartless asshole to create such horrible pictures? Well, they probably will. Because they're the ones in pain. They forget that other people aren't in pain, and it's hard to feel just how bad other people's pain is unless they're experiencing it too.  And that's what they need to remember. It's not a personal attack. It's a person on the other side of the world who doesn't know Steve Irwin and isn't crying and mourning because he's gone. Why? Because, like most of the rest of the population, they didn't know him. And as a consequence, they deep down don't really care, just like you.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
09-04-2006 05:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by segosa
Do you think his friends and family are going to look at those images and think that it must have been the work of some heartless asshole to create such horrible pictures? Well, they probably will. Because they're the ones in pain. They forget that other people aren't in pain, and it's hard to feel just how bad other people's pain is unless they're experiencing it too.  And that's what they need to remember. It's not a personal attack. It's a person on the other side of the world who doesn't know Steve Irwin and isn't crying and mourning because he's gone. Why? Because, like most of the rest of the population, they didn't know him. And as a consequence, they deep down don't really care, just like you.
The family and friends aren't going to appreciate those images are they.
09-04-2006 06:02 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
segosa: internet or not, there's still something called respect for the deads.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-04-2006 06:29 PM
boston
Banned

i care because i liked he crazyness a great guy desaerved better in life than just being looked at as insane he was great challenging
09-04-2006 06:33 PM
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
i loved that guy :(
09-04-2006 06:36 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
Aww well.... i honestly thought he won't ever die, i thought he was gonna die of being just old.....he always seemed to get away from danger....
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
09-04-2006 06:38 PM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
That guy was great, kinda immortal.. :(

But now he's dead :(

R.I.P
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
09-04-2006 07:17 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
TBH I can't wait till different stations start doing like, weekend marathons of his show... It's been a while since I've seen it on... and it really is a neat show.
09-04-2006 08:09 PM
Pages: (11): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: