What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta program started!

Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta program started!
Author: Message:
dbgarza

Pet the Kitty ^_^

46 / Male / Flag
O.P. Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta program started!
That's right as some of the people who were beta testers of the Windows Live Messenger 8.0 know, today the beta testing of the next version of WLM which is the version 8.1 started.

I'm beta tester and got my invitation to this test, I downloaded it and installed it not before take off the plus for better results, but when I reinstall the plus, the menu plus didn't got added nor any of the features so I thought it would be a good idea post this topic so Patchou could consider a compatibility with this version 8.1 in a future release.

For now I returned to the version 8.0.0812 of WLM so I can have my messenger plus live working too. :P
09-08-2006 06:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta program started!
quote:
Originally posted by dbgarza
For now I returned to the version 8.0.0812 of WLM so I can have my messenger plus live working too. [Image: msn_tongue.gif]
How are you supposed to test it if you aren't sing 8.1? And anyway you shouldn't be using any add-ons or plug-ins while bet testing something as it could impact on finding problems (or you might find problems that are actually problems of the add-in).

This post was edited on 09-08-2006 at 06:27 AM by markee.
[Image: markee.png]
09-08-2006 06:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
If invitations were sent out to WLM 8.0 beta testers then why haven't I received one?
09-08-2006 06:41 AM
dbgarza

Pet the Kitty ^_^

46 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta program started!
quote:
Originally posted by markee
How are you supposed to test it if you aren't sing 8.1? And anyway you shouldn't be using any add-ons or plug-ins while bet testing something as it could impact on finding problems (or you might find problems that are actually problems of the add-in).

I can sign in on the version 8.1 I'm a beta tester from Microsoft Connect, besides anyhow this first build of the version 8.1 has list of known issues that is longer than the list of rights a police officer reads to a criminal under arrest :P

About use add-ons the only one I use is the messenger plus, but I will wait till Microsoft releases another build of WLM 8.1, this one has a lot of issues that need to be fixed right now and that they already know what are them.

One of the most annoying issues this version has is that multiples instances of the new personalize messenger submenu inside of the actions menu appear when you click more than once on that menu and they keep appearing and appearing and appearing and the only way to stop it is closing the msn contact list window or the conversation windows since this issue appears on either of both windows :S

so for now I decided to wait after all this beta phase is just starting, like I said before I posted this so Patchou at least can get ready to work in the compatibility of plus live with this future version of WLM :)
09-08-2006 07:18 AM
Astynax
Banned

37 / – / –
yup, only us butterflies got invites so far.

you also got an invite if you were on the Yahoo Interop beta

i don't see any issues at all, i've put it through the tests and haven't seen any problems with it so far, other then plus being incompati

This post was edited on 09-08-2006 at 07:49 AM by Astynax.
09-08-2006 07:47 AM
kmcbest

I rather care about what's new in this 8.1, like
"is the nickname feature  improved" and
"is it now possible to bring back the group block feature in MP!L"
[Image: status2ftp]
09-08-2006 11:36 AM
Astynax
Banned

37 / – / –
New so far

Roaming DP (allows you to keep the same display pic on any computer you use)

New Location feature - you can add your address and you can set it to show as your personal message, which will then open up Local Live, and show you a map of the area.

Backgrounds and DP selectors have been modified. - certain bugs exist within it though... i've already logged em.

Contact cards have been changed so you do't have to flip the card anymore to view extra info.

some bugs have appeared in the Shared folders journaling service, these have been logged i believe.

to the original poster.

you call yourself a beta tester? its not about whether you can run Msgplus live on it, so grow up, the whole point is to find as many bugs as possible before adding additional software to it, so as to fix as many of them as possible before RTM.

imo.
09-08-2006 11:53 AM
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta program started!
quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
If invitations were sent out to WLM 8.0 beta testers then why haven't I received one?

Not all WLM 8.0 Managed testers received invites this time round

quote:
Originally posted by ~Bkitty~
quote:
Originally posted by Underlord

UPDATE:  Microsoft have only sent out invites to Windows Live Butterflies,

from" Msgaddict"..posted by Salem

http://msgaddict.

YEs, this was correct at the time i posted it, but things have changed since then (and i've not updated the post). Some WLM 8.0 managed testers (and non-butterflies) did receive invites. Also, members of the WLM/Y!M Interop Beta have also received invites.

I'll try and update my post soon.

This post was edited on 09-08-2006 at 12:04 PM by Salem.
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
09-08-2006 12:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
I didn't receive an invite but it has been leaked on many sites already so there isn't really a need for an invite if thats always gonna happen. ;)
...there used to be a signature here :)
09-08-2006 12:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
kmcbest

And the roaming DP feature means M$ has bought more harddisks? LOL
[Image: status2ftp]
09-08-2006 12:29 PM
Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: