What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta program started!

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta program started!
Author: Message:
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta program started!
I am about to install it. Emoticons don't bother me too much, i have too many anyway and now i can add only the ones i want. :P

[Image: jumbled.png]
09-08-2006 05:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Astynax
Banned

37 / – / –
you can use msn backup without going back to 8.0.. the problem lies in the changes to how the object data is stored

it'll likely get fixed in the next build

(ie it'll port over the old data during the install... hopefully)

This post was edited on 09-08-2006 at 05:57 PM by Astynax.
09-08-2006 05:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Keikonium

35 / Male / Flag
I didn't lose my custom smilies ^o). Then again, I also installed the 8.1 Beta along side my 8.0. Just renamed my 8.0 program files folder, installed 8.1, then moved my 8.1 folder to another hardrive. Viola, no loss of anything :P. Oh, and I can sign in (altho it is much slower than 8.0).
Now Playing:
[image not working] [Image: 87cc21b0.png]
09-08-2006 05:59 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Hmmm it seems to have rearranged my DPs in the change DP box. All still there just rearranged and in no visible order. *-)

EDIT: happened with my emotes as well, they are all still there as well. :S

EDIT 2: Well it appears a few have dissapered but not many.

This post was edited on 09-08-2006 at 06:16 PM by vaccination.
09-08-2006 06:10 PM
Keikonium

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta program started!
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Hmmm it seems to have rearranged my DPs in the change DP box. All still there just rearranged and in no visible order. *-)

I also noticed this. It did the same with my emoticons :P.

I noticed I had some display pictures added to my list that I had deleted MONTHES ago :S:S. Not sure whats up with that lol. I also had some duplicates. My assumption is that it has something to do with the keeping your display picture no matter where you sign in. Just a hunch.
Now Playing:
[image not working] [Image: 87cc21b0.png]
09-08-2006 06:15 PM
dbgarza

Pet the Kitty ^_^

46 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta program started!
this is odd, I just installed 8.1 over the 8.0 and all my emoticons, extra winks and backgrounds are all there in 8.1

And I think I know why I didn't lost my smilies, is a pretty useful trick, when you use MSN Backup to save your emoticons, winks, display picture, etc. the program saves all this in files with .MCO extension, yes, that's right the extension of the MSN winks.

when you restore this backup you will notice that none of your contacts can't add your smilies to their msn, since it appear like if you bought them and were installed like you install the winks, so I think WLM 8.1 tought that my smilies were bought or something and didn't deleted them. :P

This post was edited on 09-08-2006 at 06:26 PM by dbgarza.
09-08-2006 06:22 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by dbgarza
this is odd, I just installed 8.1 over the 8.0 and all my emoticons, extra winks and backgrounds are all there in 8.1

And I think I know why I didn't lost my smilies, is a pretty useful trick, when you use MSN Backup to save your emoticons, winks, display picture, etc. the program saves all this in files with .MCO extension, yes, that's right the extension of the MSN winks.

when you restore this backup you will notice that none of your contacts can't add your smilies to their msn, since it appear like if you bought them and were installed like you install the winks, so I think WLM 8.1 tought that my smilies were bought or something and didn't deleted them. :P

I didn't back up and still had all my custom content apart from a few missing smilies. And i didn't do what Keikonium did. :\
09-08-2006 06:37 PM
Astynax
Banned

37 / – / –
your hunch would be correct. (more then likely)

i would suppose if you delete them now, they will stay that way from now on.

has any of you noticed that changing the background )with auto colour choose enabled) sometimes doesn't change the gui colour properly?
09-08-2006 06:39 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by yourmama_20

has any of you noticed that changing the background )with auto colour choose enabled) sometimes doesn't change the gui colour properly?

Yeah, for me it seems that depending on what colour the background you are changing to and what the auto colour is supposed  to be depends whether it changes or not.

If the new background is too far of a different colour it doesn't seem to change properly.
09-08-2006 06:47 PM
Astynax
Banned

37 / – / –
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
Originally posted by yourmama_20

Yeah, for me it seems that depending on what colour the background you are changing to and what the auto colour is supposed  to be depends whether it changes or not.

If the new background is too far of a different colour it doesn't seem to change properly.

well thats a known about issue

what im referring to is slightly different

for instance, i have 2 backgrounds
1 changes the gui to a blueish colour and the other makes it purple

when i set the 1st background it changes to the bluish gui. but if i change to the next background, it changes the gui to purple for about 2 seconds, then sets it back to the blue 1 from before.

if i then click on the 2nd background again in the list then it sets it to the purple gui permanently, i get the same bug going back to the blue gui'd background.

i've also found that you get a similar issue when going from a static background to a dynamic background

if i select a static background, then go to a dynamic one, it goes back to the static one within 2 seconds... if i then click the dynamic ine again a second time, it selects it and it stays at the dynaminc bg.

meh.. anyways.. i've logged it.
09-08-2006 06:57 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: