What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta program started!

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta program started!
Author: Message:
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta program started!
quote:
Originally posted by yourmama_20
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:

has any of you noticed that changing the background )with auto colour choose enabled) sometimes doesn't change the gui colour properly?

Yeah, for me it seems that depending on what colour the background you are changing to and what the auto colour is supposed  to be depends whether it changes or not.

If the new background is too far of a different colour it doesn't seem to change properly.

well thats a known about issue

what im referring to is slightly different

for instance, i have 2 backgrounds
1 changes the gui to a blueish colour and the other makes it purple

when i set the 1st background it changes to the bluish gui. but if i change to the next background, it changes the gui to purple for about 2 seconds, then sets it back to the blue 1 from before.

if i then click on the 2nd background again in the list then it sets it to the purple gui permanently, i get the same bug going back to the blue gui'd background.

i've also found that you get a similar issue when going from a static background to a dynamic background

if i select a static background, then go to a dynamic one, it goes back to the static one within 2 seconds... if i then click the dynamic ine again a second time, it selects it and it stays at the dynaminc bg.

meh.. anyways.. i've logged it.

Ah, i see, sorry didn't understand the other post properly.

Well i have tested that and i get the same problem.
[Image: jumbled.png]
09-08-2006 07:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Astynax
Banned

37 / – / –
ahh finally.

btw, do you have the plus menu still on the main messenger window... maybe they are linked somehow... other people aren't getting the issue...
09-08-2006 07:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
ahh finally.

btw, do you have the plus menu still on the main messenger window... maybe they are linked somehow... other people aren't getting the issue...

No i unistalled plus.
[Image: jumbled.png]
09-08-2006 07:13 PM
Astynax
Banned

37 / – / –
ok good to know they aren't connected

BTW

GOOD NEWS!

the emoticons being missing in 8.1 IS A BUG!!! :D YAY... .. that means that it can be fixed in the next build!

any connect testers here can validate at
https://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/ViewFeedba...=197740&SiteID=273

vaccination are you a connect or managed tester?

if not, i'll validate it and link to your post.
(regarding the Background and GUI issue)

This post was edited on 09-08-2006 at 07:20 PM by Astynax.
09-08-2006 07:17 PM
85thday

so are we getting a Plus fir 8.1 beta, or do we have to wait for the final?
09-10-2006 01:05 AM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Apparently from what ive read Patchou is going to release an update for 8.1 Beta. But i CAN confirm this (Y) (Not botherin with quote but read down below :D.

This post was edited on 09-10-2006 at 02:23 PM by Eddie.
...there used to be a signature here :)
09-10-2006 04:13 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Astynax
Banned

37 / – / –
the reason why emoticons are going missing, are becoz of changes to the object data store (the folders on your cmputer where they are all stored)

its not moving the old folders properly
09-10-2006 04:53 AM
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta program started!
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
hahaha, well i've just learnt something else.

the only way any of you guys is gunna be able to use this is if someone makes a protocol changer [Image: msn_tongue.gif] they've improved security on this beta [Image: msn_grin.gif]

How so?  I can say that it is possible to at least sign in with an account that isnt activated to use the beta and also send messages.  Can you give me more information on how exactly I'm meant to be restricted?

nvm, my info was wrong,... damn newbies on the beta newsgroups spreading wrong info...

anyways, i just hope you all know that by using the new beta you lose all your custom smileys :D

I've not lost all my custom emoticons, i still have some of them

quote:
Originally posted by 85thday
so are we getting a Plus fir 8.1 beta, or do we have to wait for the final?

Patchou is to release a Messenger Plus! Live (MP!L) version that'll be complatible with WLM 8.1. It's gonna be tested by Beta Testers soon. Also, expect MP!L 4.02 within the next week or so*, although we don't think this will be compatible with WLM 8.1

*"within a week or so" is an estimate made by Patchou, this could be delayed, or brought forward.

This post was edited on 09-10-2006 at 10:52 AM by Salem.
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
09-10-2006 10:43 AM
Dragunov

42 / Male / Flag
well on connect.microsoft.com, it is still 'pending', maybe cause I'm a Belgian, and I speak Dutch, so I need to wait for a localized version of the program :)
- HP Envy 17

- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

betatested: Atlantis, Troopers, U2XMP, Far Cry MP

09-14-2006 08:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta program started!
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow
Apparently from what ive read Patchou is going to release an update for 8.1 Beta. But i CAN confirm this (Y) (Not botherin with quote but read down below :D.

Yes, Patchou will release a version that will be compatible with Windows Live Messenger 8.1.

MessengerPlus! Live 4.10 will be WLM 8.1 compatible and was originally scheduled for release later this week, however this has been delayed and will now not be made available for AT LEAST another two weeks.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
The beta version of Windows Live Messenger 8.1 has been made available to private beta testers for about a week now and more and more people are asking for a compatible version of Messenger Plus!. I can happily say that Messenger Plus! Live 4.10 (previously labelled 4.02) is currently in the work and will be entirely compatible with the new Messenger, however, I do not plan to release this version before at least another two weeks. The main reason for that delay is very simple: the current beta of Messenger 8.1 is extremely unstable and brings nothing really new to its users. I encourage all of you to stick with version 8.0 for now, you’ll feel much better without a Messenger that can crash every 5 minutes during a chat :).

Also, i agree with Patch, i recommend that you don't all go rushing to use 8.1, and thats not just to prevent leaks. It is VERY unstable. I've been having trouble over the last few days with it. So recommend staying with 8.0 until they make 8.1 more stable & reliable*.  Trust me, you'll be happy if you do.

*This statement, is in know way meant to encourage you to download the Private Beta when it becomes more stable. I'm just saying if you really want it, there's not much benefit in using it now.

~Salem(@)
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
09-14-2006 08:47 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: