What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Which religion am I?

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
Which religion am I?
Author: Message:
Shondoit

Hmm, Just Me...

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Which religion am I?
It also states the punishment for the snake...
It couldn't walk anymore, perhaps also not talk\
And ever heard of babylon? perhaps the animals got lost in translation too (that's my view on it...)

To get back to Traxor,

I didn't say the bible is medieval...
I only said, it describes a creature similiar too the dragons from medieval ages
I don't believe the people from the middle ages made it up, and made it a 500 year lasting hoax, but that's my opinion

As for the "springwater" thingy...
I asked God to show me crocodiles, it would be a coincidence if I saw a crocodile, but I don't believe in coincidenc if I saw multiple on one day, and on the next day... and the next week a nationwide hype, and even in surrounding countries, about a crocodile. And I saw many more...
The chance of that would be very small
And if you take into account almost the only crocodile I get to see around "by chance" is on an animal network, the chance is almost nill
My scripts:                            [Image: shondoit.gif]
+ Timezone
+ Camelo
+ Multisearch
09-14-2006 06:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ayjay

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Shondoit
I asked God to show me crocodiles, it would be a coincidence if I saw a crocodile, but I don't believe in coincidenc if I saw multiple on one day, and on the next day... and the next week a nationwide hype, and even in surrounding countries, about a crocodile. And I saw many more...

Yeah, I had a weird thing like that. I asked God to show me a red car, and then everywhere I look, there is red cars! I saw dozens today! There was even a red car on the news.

There is a point I'm making there, it's not just sarcasm :P
09-14-2006 06:19 PM
Shondoit

Hmm, Just Me...

35 / Male / Flag
The chance of seeing a red car is 1 in 10 maybe 1 in 25 tops, and how many cars do you see in a day? couple of hundred...
So by then you'd have seen 4 red cars...

The only crocodiles I see is on an animal network, which I almost never look...
The chance of seeing a crocodile on there is 1 in 25 I think IF you watch
I don't watch so the chance would drop to about 1 to 2500 (accidantly zapping trough, we have it at the end of our channels, so little chance, I always stay with the first and middle channels of our TV), within a week I would have seen 0,0028 crocodile... that's a little less than three

But I never saw a crocodile on that channel...
I saw it on a different channel, which has almost no chance of bumping into a crocodile...
And also the chance of a crocodile in the music top 40? It NEVER happened before in the netherlands (at least when I was alive)

So in total, it's not just because I pay more attention to it, or I just have alot of chance to see a croc...
+ Timezone
+ Camelo
+ Multisearch
09-14-2006 06:29 PM
ayjay

– / Male / Flag
Well all I can say is that it's a good job I don't ask God to show me a giraffe, then someone asks him to show a hippo, then someone else a rhino, then an elephant, then a cow, then a snake....... you see where this is going? :P
09-14-2006 06:34 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
The chance of seeing a red car is 1 in 10 maybe 1 in 25 tops, and how many cars do you see in a day? couple of hundred...
So by then you'd have seen 4 red cars...

The only crocodiles I see is on an animal network, which I almost never look...
The chance of seeing a crocodile on there is 1 in 25 I think IF you watch
I don't watch so the chance would drop to about 1 to 2500 (accidantly zapping trough, we have it at the end of our channels, so little chance, I always stay with the first and middle channels of our TV), within a week I would have seen 0,0028 crocodile... that's a little less than three

But I never saw a crocodile on that channel...
I saw it on a different channel, which has almost no chance of bumping into a crocodile...
And also the chance of a crocodile in the music top 40? It NEVER happened before in the netherlands (at least when I was alive)

So in total, it's not just because I pay more attention to it, or I just have alot of chance to see a croc...

Your statistics are estimations, they're not even the right ones! What are you talking about... EVEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT?!

quote:
I didn't say the bible is medieval...
I only said, it describes a creature similiar too the dragons from medieval ages
I don't believe the people from the middle ages made it up, and made it a 500 year lasting hoax, but that's my opinion

Urr, zombies are real then? Zombies were invented, werewolves, vampires! Yet they're not real, they're fictional just like dragons.

Dragons aren't "hoaxes" they're myths.

The Bible isn't meant to be taken seriously, it's just got meanings, ways to live. For instance, the fact that adam and eve were made etc. didn't mean literally that they were created, it all has moral meanings, not literal meanings.

Crocodiles are some of the most common creatures to be in films to be honest, as they're both prehistoric AND terrifying.

This post was edited on 09-14-2006 at 06:36 PM by user27089.
09-14-2006 06:35 PM
Shondoit

Hmm, Just Me...

35 / Male / Flag
Yes, the're estimations?
so? I just point out that it's not coincidence...

Zombies, werewolves, vampires, ...etc were all thought up in later years, when people started to get concious about fiction
I don't say dragons are real, I just find it interresting that the story in the Bible describes what seems to be a dragon...

Not taking the bible seriously is your opininion... I believe the Bible is true, and others with me. Alot of people don't. It's just a matter of opinion

-edit- As animal in a film, crocodile are common creatures, yes. (after the dog, and I think the horse is more common too, but that aside)
Animals are a rarity in films, at least crocodiles. nowadays it's all sci-fi (almost no animals), fantasy (fantasy animals), drama (only people) and action (most common a dog, and sometimes a crocodile)
The movie I saw wasn't an action movie, but an animated  movie, somewhat drama

This post was edited on 09-14-2006 at 06:50 PM by Shondoit.
+ Timezone
+ Camelo
+ Multisearch
09-14-2006 06:43 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
I don't beleive in religion for one simple fundamental rule.
Religion started a long time ago, and its primary function was to solve the question of "why are we here?" and so people explained this by saying we are here on the whim of a much more powerful creator, someone so amazing that our minds can't even understand.
So now, we are just faced with an even bigger problem, how does he exist?

Another thing that annoys me, is that religions have to be old, if a new religion is created, its called a cult? Even though these modern religions probably are more relevant to current issues than older ones. People work on Sundays even though the bible forbids it, and its unrealistic to expect someone not to work on Sundays.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
09-14-2006 06:57 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
I don't beleive in religion for one simple fundamental rule.
Religion started a long time ago, and its primary function was to solve the question of "why are we here?" and so people explained this by saying we are here on the whim of a much more powerful creator, someone so amazing that our minds can't even understand.
So now, we are just faced with an even bigger problem, how does he exist?

Another thing that annoys me, is that religions have to be old, if a new religion is created, its called a cult? Even though these modern religions probably are more relevant to current issues than older ones. People work on Sundays even though the bible forbids it, and its unrealistic to expect someone not to work on Sundays.

You said it in 2 paragraphs, exactly my beliefs.

quote:
Yes, the're estimations?
so? I just point out that it's not coincidence...

Zombies, werewolves, vampires, ...etc were all thought up in later years, when people started to get concious about fiction
I don't say dragons are real, I just find it interresting that the story in the Bible describes what seems to be a dragon...

Not taking the bible seriously is your opininion... I believe the Bible is true, and others with me. Alot of people don't. It's just a matter of opinion

-edit- As animal in a film, crocodile are common creatures, yes. (after the dog, and I think the horse is more common too, but that aside)
Animals are a rarity in films, at least crocodiles. nowadays it's all sci-fi (almost no animals), fantasy (fantasy animals), drama (only people) and action (most common a dog, and sometimes a crocodile)
The movie I saw wasn't an action movie, but an animated  movie, somewhat drama

So you're saying people in the past were ready to believe anything really?

Therefore the people who wrote the bible were ready to BELIEVE anything they though was TRUE, even if it was completely irrational and couldn't be true in let's say... 2000 years?

You just owned yourself I do believe.
09-14-2006 07:07 PM
Shondoit

Hmm, Just Me...

35 / Male / Flag
A religion is about believing isn't it?

And how is it irrational and not true in 2000 years?

I haven't owned myself in any way... in my opinion
+ Timezone
+ Camelo
+ Multisearch
09-14-2006 07:10 PM
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
quote:

A religion is about believing isn't it?
To be honest, that doesn't make it right.

I feel that the main issue with the crocodile story isn't about the chances of you seeing 3 crocs, it's more that you based your entire religion upon one coincidence.
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

09-14-2006 07:13 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites