What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Which religion am I?

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
Which religion am I?
Author: Message:
Shondoit

Hmm, Just Me...

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Which religion am I?
I don't believe it's a coincidence...
And that's not the only thing that happened...

And I watched those vids I posted earlier, and creation makes more sense to me than evolution
My scripts:                            [Image: shondoit.gif]
+ Timezone
+ Camelo
+ Multisearch
09-14-2006 07:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
If you change the words "one coincidence" to chance in my above post it still gives the same meaning. You're basing a lot on one small thing.
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

09-14-2006 07:23 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Shondoit
I don't believe it's a coincidence...
And that's not the only thing that happened...

And I watched those vids I posted earlier, and creation makes more sense to me than evolution

That's the worst sentence I've ever heard? How can in make more sense to you?! Somebody saying... hey, just taking ONE of your ribs, a bit of mud... "Wait a second, you want a rib? What are you playing at?" Making a woman of course... because that's what we need! "Ah, I wondered what that long thing dangling between my legs was for!" No No No No! That's not there for that at all, you're not gonna know what it's for either, but please yeah... stay away from that tree! "Why?" because I put it there, it's mine! "Urr, why put it there then?"

okay, got carried away.
09-14-2006 07:26 PM
DarkMe

Thx ins4ne for my av :p

31 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
I don't beleive in religion for one simple fundamental rule.
Religion started a long time ago, and its primary function was to solve the question of "why are we here?" and so people explained this by saying we are here on the whim of a much more powerful creator, someone so amazing that our minds can't even understand.
So now, we are just faced with an even bigger problem, how does he exist?
Totally indeed
[Image: darkme.png]
09-14-2006 07:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Shondoit

Hmm, Just Me...

35 / Male / Flag
@Traxor, Did you know the only bone in the body that regrows, is the lower rib? Why is that... another coincidence ofcourse.
why make a tree in the middle of the paradise if God knew they would gonna eat from it anyway? to give them a choice
Would you like your son to have no choice but follow everything you say. You want to give him liberty, to some extent

@Haydn, I'm a logical man, I think before I act.
I'm better at the logical classes at school... etc
It's more logical for me to believe in God than in the evolution...
I think it's more logical to say a God created it all, then some big bang out off nothing created a lot of matter, and made us in a billion years...
My scripts:                            [Image: shondoit.gif]
+ Timezone
+ Camelo
+ Multisearch
09-14-2006 07:33 PM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
[Image: crisp.jpg]<--Proof!!!
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6657 days, 11 hours, 16 minutes, 16 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
09-14-2006 07:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
Ive been baptised but i dont really give a penny about religion..im not against it everyone believes in what they want..
09-14-2006 07:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: RE: Which religion am I?
quote:
Originally posted by Shondoit
@Traxor, Did you know the only bone in the body that regrows, is the lower rib? Why is that... another coincidence ofcourse.
why make a tree in the middle of the paradise if God knew they would gonna eat from it anyway? to give them a choice
Would you like your son to have no choice but follow everything you say. You want to give him liberty, to some extent

@Haydn, I'm a logical man, I think before I act.
I'm better at the logical classes at school... etc
It's more logical for me to believe in God than in the evolution...
I think it's more logical to say a God created it all, then some big bang out off nothing created a lot of matter, and made us in a billion years...

That's wrong, a lot of bones grow back. Well no it's not coincidence, once again it's evolution. The rib-cage protects the vital-organs, even the lowest rib is protecting something.

So if a rib-bone breaks, then it needs to grow back otherwise our vital organs would be under severe risk.

Why give somebody a choice of good or evil, why not completely eradicate evil and make a world live in harmony, instead of the world we live in today, with terrorism, genocide etc.

I want my son or daughter to believe in what they want, I don't want them to hate all religions, I just want them to be rational in what they say, think and do. If they want to be catholic, they can be that if they want, but I'd hope they're not catholic, as with most people if they have the choice they wouldn't have any religion! That's why I think it's wrong to baptise children at such an early age, they have no choice in the matter whatsoever.

So what you're saying what is logical, is the fact that an "entity" who has always been there (always, wait a second... he had to have came from somewhere hasn't he? Just at one point there and another not there, that doesn't make sense) to have created everything including man... That dinosaurs etc. never did exist (as we know for a fact they never lived when humans existed) and that humans came first, nothing else...

It's a hell of a lot more logical to believe in a theory of evolution rather than a theory of creation. Considering the evidence we have that evolution has existed and still does exist, fossils, yet evolving species etc. We're evolving all the time, no matter what... From generation to generation we're evolving, both mentally and physically... We're becoming cleverer and we're also adapting to the ever-changing environment.

Disagree with me all you want, but religion is simply a belief, it is not fact. There is no proof that there was a God, or that the creation story was real, apart from a book wrote 8000 years ago (we know that the world is billions of years old) by some Jewish people. How did somebody 8000 years ago know what happened all of those billions of years ago? They couldn't, simply because stories cannot be passed on that long without modification.

It's the same issue with the new testaments, the gospels were not actually written by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John... They were written in around 400-500AC by people who had been told the stories, by people who'd actually learnt how to write. Through the years that story has changed and changed simply because somebody had been told the story and added something to it, the person then told another the story exagerrating it even more so and so on and so forth. Imagine the constant exagerration from person to person over A BILLION YEARS. Nobody would even be able to remember that even if we were created, which we weren't.

What you're saying is completely ludacris, and is an argument that I'd expect somebody from the Vatican to say to me, yet I've always got a valid argument to that, with proof that there was life BEFORE we existed, and that it couldn't have been created by God... We couldn't have been created by God at least, as we'd all be dead right now, just as the same fat the dinosaurs had before mother nature sorted herself out again.

This post was edited on 09-14-2006 at 08:47 PM by user27089.
09-14-2006 08:45 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
you know what i think?
the bible is a big metaphor book, god made everything evolve and come out as it did.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
09-14-2006 09:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
fluffy_lobster
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Erm, can I ask why creation is being treated as an opposing theory to evolution? Genesis is hardly specific about how God made the world; for starters, when the earth was made, that's all it says - it was made. Just because it doesn't say specifically "and beneath the earth were fossils and skeletons of dinosaurs and neanderthals containing ancient levels of carbon-14 isotopes and he saw that it was good" doesn't mean that's not how it is. That's what I suspect myself, though anyone who thinks they have proved how the world works is very very much mistaken.

Traxor, I can't even pretend to know enough about the Bible's history to be an authority, but at least the latter part of the new testament, Paul's letters to various churches and people were written by Paul a few years after Jesus' death, before Herod died, and there are an abundance of manuscripts from around the time to back up the existence of the letters. Incidentally, there are more historical records, both religious and from authorities such as the Roman empire, of Jesus' life than any other historical figure.
09-14-2006 09:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: