What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » MSN Explorer + WLM + Messenger Plus! = Configuration Wizard on EVERY login

MSN Explorer + WLM + Messenger Plus! = Configuration Wizard on EVERY login
Author: Message:
erinbeari

O.P. Huh?  MSN Explorer + WLM + Messenger Plus! = Configuration Wizard on EVERY login
My sister uses MSN Explorer, and cannot be convinced to switch browsers.  She likes that it auto-runs and logs her into Messenger and keeps track of her contacts right in the browser window.  Whatever, if it makes her happy...  Anyways, I added Messenger Plus! for her, because I thought she'd like playing with the fonts and colours and sounds and all that fun stuff.  The problem is that the Configuration Wizard runs everytime she logs into MSN Explorer and Windows Live Messenger loads up.  This is not a big deal, she just has to hit close; but she is not extremely computer literate to begin with and the annoyance factor gets her extremely frustrated.  Is there some way to get that Wizard to stop running?
09-18-2006 01:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN Explorer + WLM + Messenger Plus! = Configuration Wizard on EVERY login
Stupid question maybe, maybe not, but have you definitely completeed the Configuration Wizard ?
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
09-18-2006 03:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
erinbeari

O.P. RE: MSN Explorer + WLM + Messenger Plus! = Configuration Wizard on EVERY login
10 times today alone.  That doesn't include the time when we first installed it, or the dozen times a day since then...
Sometimes she (or I, when I am attempting to troubleshoot it) just hits close.  But the first time, and numerous times since then, we have run through it page by page...

This post was edited on 09-18-2006 at 05:22 PM by erinbeari.
09-18-2006 05:20 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
try this:

Go to Start > Run > type "regedit" > Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\YOUR SISTER'S EMAIL ADDRESS\Preferences > Click on FirstStart and change the value to a 0
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
09-18-2006 06:27 PM
erinbeari

O.P. RE: MSN Explorer + WLM + Messenger Plus! = Configuration Wizard on EVERY login
Well, it appears to have resolved itself.... Weird!
09-18-2006 06:50 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Not weird at all.

That stops it from popping up at start-up.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
09-18-2006 06:56 PM
erinbeari

No, I mean, the value was already set to 0 when I opened it, and then I asked my sister and she said today it just didn't pop up again... after almost a week of annoyance and trying everything I could think of to fix it... I guess it just finally registered it in the registry key.
09-18-2006 07:07 PM
erinbeari

Anyways, I am not going to question it.  I am going to assume that the gods of the Bug thread fixed it for us.... lol *wink*
09-18-2006 07:09 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
i too use MSN Explorer browser with live messenger and plus live, to be honest i have never encountered the bug mentioned here, yes each time i sign in as an account other than my main one i do get the config window come up, but thats because if ever im going into another account from my machine it would only be for testing or troubleshooting purposes so no need to set up plus in those instances. anyways glad to hear its all sorted.
09-19-2006 05:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: