What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » New Script Ideas

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
New Script Ideas
Author: Message:
kvnhmmd

35 / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  New Script Ideas
Have any script ideas? If so, post them here!
[Image: userbar687312to.gif]
09-18-2006 02:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: New Script Ideas
thats exactly why people create [request] or [suggestion]  threads :P, and they can have continuity on their own thread...
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
09-18-2006 02:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
kvnhmmd

35 / Male / –
O.P. Undecided  RE: New Script Ideas
I'm hoping that someone will come out with a script that will let you ignore your contacts, not block them, but ignore them, by blocking their messages from getting sent to you. They will see you online, but when they talk to you, they will get a message saying "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:"

The only other program that i've seen that offered this option is Gilly Messenger Which you can download by clicking HERE
09-18-2006 02:57 AM
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
Well this could easily be done. But it would be something like:

A sends you a message: hi my sweet best friend
Your script doesn't show you the message and auto replies: Your message wasn't delivered because I'm ignoring you.

Bad things about it: after receiving a message like that I'm pretty sure they'll send a couple more asking why!

Is that what you wanteD?
09-18-2006 01:47 PM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: New Script Ideas
quote:
Originally posted by Deco
Well this could easily be done. But it would be something like:

A sends you a message: hi my sweet best friend
Your script doesn't show you the message and auto replies: Your message wasn't delivered because I'm ignoring you.

Bad things about it: after receiving a message like that I'm pretty sure they'll send a couple more asking why!

Is that what you wanteD?

Or they will never more say something to the person who has the script
09-18-2006 02:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
If you search the forums, a thread called "Script Request - Ignore specific contacts", a script has been made to ignore contacts.

Just go to Plus! > Preferences > Scripts > "Create New", call it Ignore Script, paste the code and save.

Then use !ignore to ignore a contact and !unignore to stop ignoring them.

All credit to markee for making it.

code:
var list = Array();

function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(ChatWnd,Origin,Message,MessageKind)
{
for (i=0; i<list.length;i++)
{
if (Origin === Messenger.MyContacts.GetContact(list[i]).Name)
{
ChatWnd.SendMessage("/close")
}
else
{
return Message;
}
}
}

function OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage(ChatWnd,Message)
{
if (Message === "!ignore")
{
var ChatWndContacts = ChatWnd.Contacts;
if(ChatWndContacts.Count == 1)
{
var e = new Enumerator(ChatWndContacts);
var Contact = e.item();
list[list.length] = Contact.Email
}
return "";
ChatWnd.SendMessage("/close")
}
else if (Message === "!unignore")
{
var ChatWndContacts = ChatWnd.Contacts;
if(ChatWndContacts.Count == 1)
{
var e = new Enumerator(ChatWndContacts);
var Contact = e.item();
for (i=0;i<list.length;i++)
{
if(Contact.Name === list[i])
{
list[i] = "";
}
}
return "";
}
}
}

This post was edited on 09-18-2006 at 03:17 PM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
09-18-2006 03:14 PM
kvnhmmd

35 / Male / –
O.P. Undecided  RE: New Script Ideas
That is a cool script, but it does fail sometimes (not trying to be picky or anything), but what I was talking about what a script that actually blocks the message from even getting to your msn messenger, and a message comes back to the contact saying "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:" It is possible to do, since it has been done in Gilly Messenger. The reason why this is a great feature is that you can ignore some annoying person, and have them think that it's their problem that im not getting their messages, so they dont keep saying "are you there?"
09-19-2006 12:43 AM
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
That's beyond scripts, you need access to the protocol to do that (ie: changing outgoing/incoming information)
09-19-2006 01:10 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by kvnhmmd
That is a cool script, but it does fail sometimes (not trying to be picky or anything), but what I was talking about what a script that actually blocks the message from even getting to your msn messenger, and a message comes back to the contact saying "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:" It is possible to do, since it has been done in Gilly Messenger. The reason why this is a great feature is that you can ignore some annoying person, and have them think that it's their problem that im not getting their messages, so they dont keep saying "are you there?"
As soon as StuffPlug 3 is released (or Plus includes sending action text as part of the scripting engine [Image: msn_angel.gif]) I will adjust this script so that it can do just that, until then it is not in my power to make the likes of a .dll that can make action texts or something simular.  I also need to find out how to close a chat window using the WLM API so it can be done quicker and more efficiently, the reason why I haven't researched this yet was because I forgot about it and it was ages ago.  And a thanks to Chris4 for actually finding it, I forgot that I had even made the script [Image: msn_embarrassed.gif].
[Image: markee.png]
09-19-2006 05:11 AM
cloudhunter

36 / – / –
quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
Originally posted by kvnhmmd
As soon as StuffPlug 3 is released (or Plus includes sending action text as part of the scripting engine [Image: msn_angel.gif]) I will adjust this script so that it can do just that, until then it is not in my power to make the likes of a .dll that can make action texts or something simular.  I also need to find out how to close a chat window using the WLM API so it can be done quicker and more efficiently, the reason why I haven't researched this yet was because I forgot about it and it was ages ago.  And a thanks to Chris4 for actually finding it, I forgot that I had even made the script [Image: msn_embarrassed.gif].

It has nothing to do with action texts unfortuneately. It's something that shows itself sometimes, when messages cant be delivered. To get it to say that on WLM, you would need to physically stop the message from getting to the client.

Cloudy
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6701 days, 12 hours, 1 minute, 40 seconds ago
09-19-2006 09:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode