What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [beta] Several Scripts Inside

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
[beta] Several Scripts Inside
Author: Message:
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: [beta] Several Scripts Inside
quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
quote:
Originally posted by bigbob85
lg?
I think he means lag, Doesnt for me though [Image: msn_tongue.gif]
I think he actually means log, as in the event logger.  This would spam it quite a lot.
Yeah that's what I ment (dodgy keyboard :dodgy:).
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
09-24-2006 10:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
bigbob85

Is Good, Is Bob...

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [beta] Several Scripts Inside
Errr... CookieRevised, thats why I released it here to get some feedback. And as for these things.

* major fault: when another contact signs in than the one being 'monitored', the script will not trigger when the monitored one floods you

Yes, but all that means is it gets interrupted. If the person is still block/unblocking you, then they will still be blocked. But whats the chances of that happing? Im going to look into it, to prevent multiple attacks.

* fault: will block contacts from another messenger user when he/she signs in before the timer has triggered (when contact appears on both user's contactlist).

Ok, Ill fix that. I didn't take into consideration of polygrammy (spelling probably wrong)

* fault: will produce an error when blocking contacts when another user sign in before the timer has triggered (when contact does not appear on second user's contactlist).

Err.. Can you explain this one?

* fault: will produce an error when contact is deleted from list before the timer has triggerd.

So.. Someone will be randomly deleting contacts when someone decides to block/unblock you?

* it can't unblock the contact after a time.

Ok, ill add an option to set the time for unblock.

Also, will it produce an error when blocking the contact if there offline, or dosnt it matter?

These are my first scripts, so I expected alot of flaws.
09-25-2006 01:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [beta] Several Scripts Inside
quote:
Errr... CookieRevised, thats why I released it here to get some feedback.
fair enough... though these faults are things you should have thought about while scripting it as they are very fundamental logic flaws, not some small bugs or whatever.

(some pointers are things which you might have forgotten or didn't knew, but most of them are realy logical thinking flaws; like the first one)

quote:
Yes, but all that means is it gets interrupted. If the person is still block/unblocking you, then they will still be blocked. But whats the chances of that happing? Im going to look into it, to prevent multiple attacks.
No it doesn't get 'interrupted' and then continues, it simply stops monitoring that contact.

quote:
* fault: will block contacts from another messenger user when he/she signs in before the timer has triggered (when contact appears on both user's contactlist).

Ok, Ill fix that. I didn't take into consideration of polygrammy (spelling probably wrong)
This has got nothing todo with polygamy. Polygamy doesn't have influence on something like this.

quote:
* fault: will produce an error when blocking contacts when another user sign in before the timer has triggered (when contact does not appear on second user's contactlist).

Err.. Can you explain this one?
similar the previous one. If the timer event hasn't yet triggered because the timer is still running and another user signs in to this messenger, the script will produce an error as the contact (fro the first user) is most likely not on that other user's contactlist.

Timers (and script in general) do not 'reset' when somebody else logs in to messenger.

quote:
    * fault: will produce an error when contact is deleted from list before the timer has triggerd.

So.. Someone will be randomly deleting contacts when someone decides to block/unblock you?
I think you totally misunderstand what is meant here. Again, when the timer is still running but the event is not fired yet because the timer hasn't finished, and you delete a contact (out of a reflex because he is flooding you, or whatever else) the script will produce an error once the timer event fires.

quote:
Also, will it produce an error when blocking the contact if there offline, or dosnt it matter?
You can block someone on your contactlist while he/she is offline... so that doesn't matter.

This post was edited on 09-25-2006 at 06:37 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-25-2006 06:34 AM
bigbob85

Is Good, Is Bob...

36 / Male / Flag
As far as I can tell, most of the problems you've pointed out, are due to there only being one 'monitored' email address. Ill see if I can work around this a separate way. Multidimensional arrays or something I think. Would that be the right way to go? If not, can you point me in the right way :P.
09-25-2006 09:24 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
As far as I can tell, most of the problems you've pointed out, are due to there only being one 'monitored' email address.
...and that you use a timer but didn't take in account that the user can log out (and a new user log in) while the timer is still running; timers aren't reset or cancelled when you log out.

quote:
Ill see if I can work around this a separate way. Multidimensional arrays or something I think. Would that be the right way to go? If not, can you point me in the right way :P.
It shouldn't be a seperate workaround though. It should be the barbone back of the whole script. Thus, the main thing which the whole script is based upon, not some 'extra' thing.

As for arrays, that's indeed the way to go, but you don't need multidimensional arrays. What are you going to store in a multidimensional array?

The thing you need to store are the monitored email addresses, thus just a list, or just 1 array with 1 dimension...

See the link I posted in my first post for a "anti-toast"/"flood detection" script. Study the source, read the comments, etc. Try to understand why certain things are done (or not done) in that script.

eg: why don't I cancel any timer in that script, while I just said in my posts here in this thread that timers keep on running when a user logs out and thus can cause unwanted effects? etc...

;)

This post was edited on 09-25-2006 at 10:10 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-25-2006 10:06 AM
bigbob85

Is Good, Is Bob...

36 / Male / Flag
Err... You don't want timers to be canceled when they logout. Because what would be the point of them in the first place?
If the timer isn't running, I wont know if that user signs in, within 5 seconds (or whatever it is) because the timer is canceled.
10-10-2006 12:24 AM
Zoozoo

Someone with this nudge script, try to get one of your contacts to do the !nudge thing while chatting to you....
It nudges however much time they put, but it nudges under your nick and not your contacts....
10-10-2006 06:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
bigbob85

Is Good, Is Bob...

36 / Male / Flag
Ahh... Yeh, it works on recieved msgs. So it wouldnt matter who said it.
Heres something funny to do, get 5-10 people in a group chat, all who have this script, and everyone spam it with !nudge 50, see what happens :P
10-10-2006 08:58 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: