What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Plus! Meet 2007 - UK

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Plus! Meet 2007 - UK
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. Plus! Meet 2007 - UK
quote:
I've been thinking, and there'd be a great place to go for the 2007 Plus! meet here in the UK.

Global Gathering 2007! It's a weekend festival that is just all dance music and stuff, it's just the other side of Stratford, so it's really accessible to loads of people, there is loads of transport in the week leading up to global gathering, and it's like a three day thing, so it should be awesome.

www.globalgathering.co.uk

before that we could obviously have a day on the thursday, and go out for a meal on that night, then prepare for a few days without sleep (Smilie).

That was from the last thread.

The global gathering festival was just an idea for some people who could start saving up now and come, because I'm going and it'll be really good.

I know this is one of many other threads, but I want this to be serious now, and start organizing a good date, destination and time to have the meet. I don't want this to be a debate of where it's going to be though, so can somebody suggest any good times to have it, a time where a lot of the UK Plus! forum members could go.

I suggest July/August time, or some time during a term holiday.

This post was edited on 10-05-2006 at 03:36 PM by user27089.
10-05-2006 03:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ayjay

– / Male / Flag
RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK
I reckon it would be better going to a town centre somewhere. Birmingham, Manchester, London... whatever. We can all chat, go somewhere for lunch etc. We don't really need to be doing something like a festival :P

btw, there's no way I'd be going to the global gathering thing :P

This post was edited on 10-05-2006 at 03:46 PM by ayjay.
10-05-2006 03:41 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I suggest July/August time, or some time during a term holiday.
Hmm.. people might be on holiday though?
But I guess that would be the best time.

Location is the perfect idea though :)
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
10-05-2006 03:43 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK
quote:
Originally posted by ayjay
I reckon it would be better going to a town centre somewhere. Birmingham, Manchester, London... whatever. We can all chat, go somewhere for lunch etc. We don't really need to be doing something like a festival :P

Yeah, I'm not sure about the city centre though, are you sure somewhere a bit less cliché would be a bit better, somewhere like Stratford (not necessarily stratford, but somewhere like that). A nice small town where there isn't loads of congestion and we can just have a nice relaxed day out :).
10-05-2006 03:45 PM
ayjay

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Yeah, I'm not sure about the city centre though, are you sure somewhere a bit less cliché would be a bit better, somewhere like Stratford (not necessarily stratford, but somewhere like that). A nice small town where there isn't loads of congestion and we can just have a nice relaxed day out :).

Wherever's fine by me :P Preferably near the midlands (a)
10-05-2006 03:48 PM
Lourix

32 / Male / Flag
You all have to keep in mind where people in the UK live, they may not live close to the Midlands.

This post was edited on 10-05-2006 at 03:51 PM by Lourix.
[Image: 202180054.png]
10-05-2006 03:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ayjay

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Lourix
You all ahve to keep in mind where people in the UK live, they may not live close to the Midlands.

You can take any single point in the UK and say people might not live close to it :P
10-05-2006 03:52 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK
quote:
You all have to keep in mind where people in the UK live, they may not live close to the Midlands.
quote:
Originally posted by ayjay
quote:
You all ahve to keep in mind where people in the UK live, they may not live close to the Midlands.

You can take any single point in the UK and say people might not live close to it :P

Well the Midlands are the central of England (which pretty much includes the UK) so somewhere in the Midlands would be most appropriate place for this event to take place.
10-05-2006 03:53 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
From top to bottom of the whole of the UK takes as long to drive as about a 5th of the east coast of Australia, stop complaining about the distance it really isn't that far no matter where it is held.

You also have to remember as traxor is/was trying to plan a global meet there will probably be other members from all over the place so it might be best if it wasn't too out of the way for them too.  If I could find the time and the money to get over there I would, if I did I wouldn't be wanting to go ages out of my way after already spending 24hrs on a plane to get the the other side of the world.

I just hope this doesn't turn into to much of an argument over where it is going to be and you realise that the main thing is meeting up with people, even if it means that you might have to go a bit out of your way.
[Image: markee.png]
10-05-2006 04:20 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I'll probably be there as well (Global Festival), I'm off school + it's not far from where I live. It would be a day out with my friends :P
10-05-2006 04:57 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: