What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Jack Straw - Muslim Veils Y/N? Your Views?

Pages: (7): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
Poll: Agree or Disagree
Agree
Disagree
Both/Undecided
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Jack Straw - Muslim Veils Y/N? Your Views?
Author: Message:
RaPLeX

Fenerbahce SK

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Jack Straw - Muslim Veils Y/N? Your Views?
Im Turkish,so we are muslim.Also my mom or any women in my family not wearing a veil or anything like that.

Its just religion,everyone liberty about it[in Turkey].

P.S. =M.K. Ataturk forbad the wear a veils on 25 November 1925.
[Image: 23rs9ya.gif]
10-06-2006 08:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Jack Straw - Muslim Veils Y/N? Your Views?
quote:
Originally posted by FrozenDaggers
Everyone has a right to wear what the hell you want. At the end of the day it's part of a religion. Wearing a Christian cross isn't banned, that's showing the religion. Wearing a veil is just a Muslim way of showing their religion.

This annoys me. *flies away*
a cross is not blocking/hiding the whole face, also... liek bluewater, you cant wear a hood... bt you can wear a full on face mask basically.

why does showing their religion have to be in the form of hiding their identity. you said a christian wears a cross... (im not pro that either...) but it doesn't hide their face, or make things awkward

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
10-06-2006 09:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
FrozenDaggers

I shoot people.

35 / Female / Flag
RE: RE: Jack Straw - Muslim Veils Y/N? Your Views?
quote:
Originally posted by M73A
quote:
Everyone has a right to wear what the hell you want. At the end of the day it's part of a religion. Wearing a Christian cross isn't banned, that's showing the religion. Wearing a veil is just a Muslim way of showing their religion.

This annoys me. *flies away*
a cross is not blocking/hiding the whole face, also... liek bluewater, you cant wear a hood... bt you can wear a full on face mask basically.

why does showing their religion have to be in the form of hiding their identity. you said a christian wears a cross... (im not pro that either...) but it doesn't hide their face, or make things awkward

It's not to hide their identity, although it might seem that way to you. They feel 'protected' from the eyes of men. It makes them feel safer. And it's their religion. What harm does it cause anyway? Policemen where police hats so you can't see the expression of their eyes/eyebrows... it comes under the same thing.
10-06-2006 09:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
It's not to hide their identity, although it might seem that way to you. They feel 'protected' from the eyes of men. It makes them feel safer. And it's their religion. What harm does it cause anyway? Policemen where police hats so you can't see the expression of their eyes/eyebrows... it comes under the same thing.
i beg to differ, the policemen and women around here i can recognise... if they all wore hijabs im pretty sure i wouldn't be able to tell who is who.

im not sayign they should give up their religion or anything, i just feel its a that this is true:
quote:
Originally posted by bbc news
full-face veil is a "visible statement of separation".

This post was edited on 10-06-2006 at 09:14 PM by M73A.

10-06-2006 09:13 PM
FrozenDaggers

I shoot people.

35 / Female / Flag
quote:
quote:
i beg to differ, the policemen and women around here i can recognise... if they all wore hijabs im pretty sure i wouldn't be able to tell who is who.

im not sayign they should give up their religion or anything, i just feel its a that this is true:
quote:
full-face veil is a "visible statement of separation".

Statement of separation. Right, so who's it hurting anyhow? No one. It's a piece of clothing.

What about people in the winter, wearing their scarves around their nose/mouth + neck, with a hood up...

IMO I think it's ridiculous and plain ignorance.
10-06-2006 09:16 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
im not tryna cause any kind of argument btw. just trying to debate how i see things. this is interesting. i've been reading the comment on bbc news aswell....

ok its not hruting anyone but what about all the things like your not allowed to have a st georges flag unless it is on a verticle flag pole because it is offensive.... thats rubbish thats not hurting anyone.

people will take a scarf off when they are not plodding around outside.... or if they dont have heating. they are not going to sit in a conference with it on.

10-06-2006 09:19 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Jack Straw - Muslim Veils Y/N? Your Views?
i just don't see the point of them, they're not exactly fashionable or anything, and don't serve much purpose...
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
10-06-2006 09:21 PM
FrozenDaggers

I shoot people.

35 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
i just don't see the point of them, they're not exactly fashionable or anything, and don't serve much purpose...

Yeah, it's religious and started in Iran and such, they're good for the weather they have. They're breezy, light and protect you from the sun.
10-06-2006 09:34 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Yeah, it's religious and started in Iran and such, they're good for the weather they have. They're breezy, light and protect you from the sun.
not sandy in england, and not sunny either lol ^_^

10-06-2006 09:35 PM
FrozenDaggers

I shoot people.

35 / Female / Flag
quote:
quote:
not sandy in england, and not sunny either lol ^_^

It's religious. I was just explaining that they're 'unfashionable' because they're more practical that fashionable. But yes, the designs stuck like that.
10-06-2006 09:37 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: