What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Lost Series 3 [Spoilers]

Pages: (7): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 » Last »
Lost Series 3 [Spoilers]
Author: Message:
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Lost season 3 {spoliers}
Ekos dead?! Trying to download that episode now, but got no sources :(
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
11-02-2006 05:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
Fuck i knew i shouldnt have read this thread before watching 3x05
11-03-2006 12:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Rik

31 / Male / Flag
this may explain the appearence of Jack's dad on the island and maybe walt :P
11-04-2006 11:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Lost season 3 {spoliers}
I made a thread about this weeks before this one was made.

Lost Series 3 [Spoilers]

quote:
Originally posted by Lourix
At least we now know that they are not dead :)

Well we don't know that, even though I think that if they did end up being dead it would be a crappy ending and a complete anti-climax to the series.

I can't believe there are two islands :|.
11-04-2006 12:30 PM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Lost Series 3 [Spoilers]
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I made a thread about this weeks before this one was made.

Lost Series 3 [Spoilers]
Threads merged. Because there was a gap of a few weeks between the last post in thread number one and the first post in thread number two, I don't think there will be any problems with posts being in the wrong order :)
11-04-2006 01:43 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
A few thoughts on The Cost of Living
  • When Eko moved the rocks away from the plane, his brother wasn't there, this is quite like the ressurection of Jesus.
  • Colleen's funeral was a Hindu funeral, Dharma (not DHARMA) is a sort of guide to the way of living in Hindi.
  • Locke said he saw a white light, maybe its a different monster from the black smoke, which plays on the "there are two sides, one is light, one is dark" thing that Locke said near the beginning

Julliette told Jack that the secret message video was To Kill a Mockingbird. It has been seen before that books in the show hold parallels to the TV shows (i.e. The Mutual Friend).

So here are a few thoughts I have...

The book is written with Scout reminscing about her childhood, much later on in her life. At the beginning of Series 1, when Charlie flashbacks about his time on the plane, we see him walk slowly to the front of the plane, but in Jack's flashback, Charlie is running past.
Although it wouldn't really help with getting to the bottom of the island, maybe the story of the island is being reminisced by the people on the island, which would account for these inconsistencies, and why the flashbacks occur (because they are making parallels between their island and off island life).

Scout and Jem keep poking fun at Boo Radley (a boy who has been locked in his house pretty much all his life), until Atticus (their father tells them to stop), but then they go right up to Boo Radleys house to see if they can see him, Nathan (Boo's father) then shoots at them.
Is this not kind of like the losties aggravating the others, until that guy (forgot his name) gives the whole "this is our island, don't cross the line" speech?

Another story line is the trial of Tom Robinson, he is accused of raping a girl, even though it is obvious that the girls father did it. Because this is set in the southern states of america just after the abolition of black slavery, the jury is racist and finds Tom guilty. Bob Ewell (the father) is pissed because Atticus (Tom's lawyer) made a fool out of him in the court case, and so he attacks Atticus's children outside Boo Radley's house, Boo finally comes out of his house and kills Bob, thus saving the kids lives.
Someone much smarter than me will be able to find a stronger link. But I am reminded of Sawyer making a fool out of Pickett when he takes his gun. Then when Sun kills his wife, he takes it out on Sawyer.
Maybe the split with the others (Julliette vs Ben) is a larger scale, Ben's team being Bob, and Julliette's being Boo Radley; Ben's group seems intent on punishing the losties while Julliette wants to protect them, which is why Julliette (Boo) wants to kill Ben (Atticus).
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
11-04-2006 03:39 PM
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Well, I hope we get some decent answers before Lost goes on a break until February after the episode airing next.
[Image: signature.php]
11-04-2006 06:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Doofus

Ive just seen a trailer for "lost 3" now found on sky1 next sunday
does this mean that ch4 / e4 have lost series 3 to sky??
or are ch4 going to show it??
11-12-2006 10:36 AM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Doofus

skyone have bought it for £800,000 an episode, so im guessing its not on channel 4 anymore

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Well, I hope we get some decent answers before Lost goes on a break until February after the episode airing next.

nope... lol, good way to cliffhang the series though ... not sure if jack knows theyre on othertraz

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
11-12-2006 11:01 AM
Doofus

RE: RE: Lost Series 3 [Spoilers]
quote:
Originally posted by M73A
quote:
Originally posted by Doofus

skyone have bought it for £800,000 an episode, so im guessing its not on channel 4 anymore

oh dear.. and the fella at work aint got sky

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku

nope... lol, good way to cliffhang the series though ... not sure if jack knows theyre on othertraz

11-12-2006 11:26 AM
Pages: (7): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: