What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Contact information lost

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Contact information lost
Author: Message:
JaCe88

RE: RE: Contact information lost
quote:
Originally posted by Nayelianne
Thanks a lot, AceyUnLtd! =D I was able to sign in on MSN 7.5 with that.

Would anyone know in which file Plus stores that kind of contact information? (It would probably be easier if it were all in a file instead of copying it one by one)

I'm also waiting for this. I'm sure it won't be hard for Patchou if he has time to PLEASE do something about it.

I know it's probably very difficult to get the settings to work in WLM and so on; but could you at least make an easy to use script which exports all our contact details (or at least their RENAMED contact name) to a text file or something so we can manually input it into WLM's nickname feature?

Please please please =]
09-13-2007 11:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
smotala1

O.P. RE: Contact information lost
YAYYYYYYY i got my stuff back =) ACEY UNLTD, U ARE GOD !!!!! thank you for the link, i am so glad i dont have to be stuck with that WML garbage, anyway guess whatt..i figured how to get rid of the annoying hundred years ago msn icon in the taskbar and i got the normal one..all u have to do is under "compatibility" dont select windows 2000 but select windows server 2003 (service pack 1) and run the program that way. =) whoever knew i cud figure out computer stuffy.
09-13-2007 04:29 PM
darthziv

RE: Contact information lost
It seems to me EVERYONE had that problem.
Speaking as a high-tech worker, that means the product is not working properly.
If you release a new version, the minimal thing you have to do is give the clients their info, or at least a way of retrieiving it.
Because i used m-p3 i cant use my MSN anymore (because the emails addresses are'nt telling me a thing. I had names for everyone) and worse than that, lost important data on every one i'm in contact with.
So maybe adding it manualy sucks, but at least give us that.
even a program that will translate it into a file we can look at to add it back our selves.

Just because MSN can do that, doesnt mean you were suppose to block our data from us.
Give your clients the minimum you can do, we just want our MSN back....
09-20-2007 01:31 PM
nikosATH

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Contact information lost
quote:
Originally posted by darthziv
It seems to me EVERYONE had that problem.
Speaking as a high-tech worker, that means the product is not working properly.
If you release a new version, the minimal thing you have to do is give the clients their info, or at least a way of retrieiving it.
Because i used m-p3 i cant use my MSN anymore (because the emails addresses are'nt telling me a thing. I had names for everyone) and worse than that, lost important data on every one i'm in contact with.
So maybe adding it manualy sucks, but at least give us that.
even a program that will translate it into a file we can look at to add it back our selves.

Just because MSN can do that, doesnt mean you were suppose to block our data from us.
Give your clients the minimum you can do, we just want our MSN back....

10 thumbs up to what you are saying... this was EXACTLY my point almost 1 year ago when I was talking about the Messenger Plus responsability to provide a way to export custom names+emails to some kind (ANY kind) of recognizable file in order to upgrade to the "new features"...
For the past year noone provided any form of help for all devoted users who trusted the "old" Messenger Plus rename feature over the years and are now stuck with 300 or 500 contact names virtually unusuable - it's just a matter of time to lose everything related to MSN :(
OK Microsoft sucks but it certainly looks like even smaller software developers don't care at all about their clients (PS I never said I wouldn't pay for the time and effort put in a Msg+ PRO version)
09-22-2007 09:49 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
darthziv

RE: Contact information lost
you heard it.... ALL your users want to access their old data
it shouldnt be too much effort
so come on.... promise us you'll try
09-22-2007 04:29 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode