What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » What the hell is going on?

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
What the hell is going on?
Author: Message:
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
RE: What the hell is going on?
quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
Ive been here for a while now and im still only on 300 posts.
I have been here longer than traxor has and I'm at 734 :)

Why not just lock T&T for like 24 hours?
10-14-2006 05:15 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
haha :)

just like chrono said, its just like deja vu :D

i remember making a thread just like this.

New wave of people join, forum changes, same old same old..
10-14-2006 11:56 PM
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
I think you'd find that having a forum like T&T just practically screams out SPAM MEEEEE.

I can't say I've noticed a HUGE decline in thread quality outside of T&T, however I remember a while back there was an arguement thread at least once a week, I haven't noticed that for a while to be honest (could just be that I'm not reading the right threads though).

Alot of members that were very active when I first started posting here have now gone (or just lurk around, not posting much like myself), and it seems a new generation of posters have taken over.

Things change, I can't say I see a huge problem with the forum as it is now, but everything has it's ups and downs.
10-15-2006 08:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pipish

not really active anymore.

31 / Male / Flag
Traxor with all due respect it doesnt take a genius to see the poor quality of the forums it has been spoken about for some time now its not really yours or anyones place to tell the forums member to clean up there act they simply wont the forums have fallen downhill and i do not see them climbing back up again
[Image: fcliverpoolfan2xo.gif]
[Image: roosters4yg.jpg]
10-18-2006 11:56 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: What the hell is going on?
quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
And about the spam it wouldnt be spam if the rules wearn't so strict. Yes compared to other forums they are. And this Rep thingy, get rid of it. Its the negative repping thats making people pissed of at each other.
the rules aren't strict enough (in a way). (also, strict rules doesn't mean you can't have fun anymore - much used excuse/reply)

It is not because other forums have a support/spam ration of 50/50 that this forum should. Also, don't compare general subject forums with a support forum which this forum is. In general subject forum it is quite expected that posts are more at random, spamish. In this forum the majority should be helpfull detailed support posts (I'm not saying all).

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
I guess this thread didn't help. oh well.
he he look what I made:
[Image: spam1qp9.jpg]
It's posts like these which aggrivate people.

Also, it's not because there is a discussion that the thread should be reported (I believe someone else in this thread has said they reported this thread. Why?) or that people should spam it.

quote:
Originally posted by Pipish
Traxor with all due respect it doesnt take a genius to see the poor quality of the forums it has been spoken about for some time now its not really yours or anyones place to tell the forums member to clean up there act they simply wont the forums have fallen downhill and i do not see them climbing back up again
It's a good meant effort, and if it converts only 1 person or reminds only 1 person of some things, it would have had its purpose.

Although such threads as these indeed pop up from time to time, they are needed also to remind all of us of what we are suppose to be (a community) and what the main reason for these forums are (support)...

IMHO and my 1 cent.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-18-2006 03:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
I totally agree with Traxor. I hope that I am not someone who you consider a spammer.

I know i'm only 17 so can't really comment on age, but I think there are a lot of 13/14 year olds (though, not all, some of the younger people on this forum are the among the best and most helpful members) who spam T&T with utterly useless threads, such as ones that just say two or three words, and are meant to give an impression of halarity through spontaneity.

It usually starts because a few people live near each other in real life, and then start posting in jokes, or people post something that was probably funny on IRC/MSN/Shoutbox but when it comes to making a thread just wastes space.

This post was edited on 10-18-2006 at 04:45 PM by saralk.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
10-18-2006 04:07 PM
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Honestly people, what the hell is going on with this forum at the moment?

I've been coming here for almost 3 years now, and in the past year it's quality in posts has dropped a hell of a lot, it's not everybody and i'm not blaming everybody but it's really aggrevating me, i'm sure it's aggrevating a hell of a lot of other people too.

There are too many threads being created that are just pathetic which nobody cares about, too many arguments... It seems that people flame each other at any given time and just rip the piss out of each other, I remember when this actually used to be a communitiy, but now it's not it's just been broken down into different groups of people.

I used to really like coming to the forum and helping people, but now it seems that in every thread there are those people who have not got a clue what they're talking about, please think before you speak and try not to guess what you have to do... Another thing that's really aggrevating me is the fact that a load of people go through posts just saying "yes, i have this problem too", that's really not required, I'm not going to set any rules or anything, but do you really need to post this?

People should stop spamming, most of the crap that's spammed isn't even funny at all, all of the videos and the pictures are just pathetic and if I see one more I don't know what I'll do, but it won't be good.

The communities reputation is at stake here if people don't think before they post, this used to be a much more reputable community for some of the members came here and just seemed to ruin it, people only seem to care about two things: their post count and their reputation, and it's pathetic... You're here to help, ignore those... if you're helping then you're killing two birds with one stone, if you read what I just wrote carefully you'll understand what I mean.

There are also some people out there who feel the need to be assholes to everyone, please to God be nice to people, even if they don't have the same beliefs as them, at least don't do it in public to humiliate the person, do it via. private message and have it out in private. Doing something publically is not always the best thing, it means others will get involved and it's just not what this forum needs.

A lot of forum members have left because of what i've said above, a lot of these people were good people who didn't have to leave, and it's all our fault, if they would've stayed i'm sure the forums quality would be a lot better than it is right now. I've considered leaving this forum many times, but I can't do it, I've even had to hide General Chit Chat, Poll Station and Testing & Trashing because it was getting on my nerves so badly.

Sorry if I've offended anyone, I'm sure you're all ready to have a royal scream at me after reading through this post, most of you will think I'm being a complete and utter wanker, but it has to be said, it was going to be said sooner or later anyway. I'll probably add to this post later when I think of something else relevant to say.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
"What are you doing to make the Plus! Forums an even better community?"

I Feel You.
10-18-2006 04:49 PM
Kenji
Veteran Member

Previously: Dazmatic, Dazzy, :zippy:

32 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: What the hell is going on?
quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Honestly people, what the hell is going on with this forum at the moment?

I've been coming here for almost 3 years now, and in the past year it's quality in posts has dropped a hell of a lot, it's not everybody and i'm not blaming everybody but it's really aggrevating me, i'm sure it's aggrevating a hell of a lot of other people too.

There are too many threads being created that are just pathetic which nobody cares about, too many arguments... It seems that people flame each other at any given time and just rip the piss out of each other, I remember when this actually used to be a communitiy, but now it's not it's just been broken down into different groups of people.

I used to really like coming to the forum and helping people, but now it seems that in every thread there are those people who have not got a clue what they're talking about, please think before you speak and try not to guess what you have to do... Another thing that's really aggrevating me is the fact that a load of people go through posts just saying "yes, i have this problem too", that's really not required, I'm not going to set any rules or anything, but do you really need to post this?

People should stop spamming, most of the crap that's spammed isn't even funny at all, all of the videos and the pictures are just pathetic and if I see one more I don't know what I'll do, but it won't be good.

The communities reputation is at stake here if people don't think before they post, this used to be a much more reputable community for some of the members came here and just seemed to ruin it, people only seem to care about two things: their post count and their reputation, and it's pathetic... You're here to help, ignore those... if you're helping then you're killing two birds with one stone, if you read what I just wrote carefully you'll understand what I mean.

There are also some people out there who feel the need to be assholes to everyone, please to God be nice to people, even if they don't have the same beliefs as them, at least don't do it in public to humiliate the person, do it via. private message and have it out in private. Doing something publically is not always the best thing, it means others will get involved and it's just not what this forum needs.

A lot of forum members have left because of what i've said above, a lot of these people were good people who didn't have to leave, and it's all our fault, if they would've stayed i'm sure the forums quality would be a lot better than it is right now. I've considered leaving this forum many times, but I can't do it, I've even had to hide General Chit Chat, Poll Station and Testing & Trashing because it was getting on my nerves so badly.

Sorry if I've offended anyone, I'm sure you're all ready to have a royal scream at me after reading through this post, most of you will think I'm being a complete and utter wanker, but it has to be said, it was going to be said sooner or later anyway. I'll probably add to this post later when I think of something else relevant to say.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
"What are you doing to make the Plus! Forums an even better community?"

I Feel You.

:gay:

I dont really think it matters if its in T&T....  but sometimes  there is crap stuff in there.... but it dont matter as its T&T....

well thats what i think. i hardly post in T&T now...
10-18-2006 05:11 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
I dont really think it matters if its in T&T....  but sometimes  there is crap stuff in there.... but it dont matter as its T&T....

well thats what i think. i hardly post in T&T now...
T&T should never be an excuse to make lame pointless posts. Spamming for the sake of spamming sucks even in T&T!
10-18-2006 05:45 PM
Panachiba

Spanish User/Helper, Chile Presente!

– / Male / Flag
well..that is thing of the admins, moderators,etc.

only them have the power to do something.

if they have agree with that, ok..if not..they do something :P.

This post was edited on 10-19-2006 at 03:55 AM by Panachiba.
Chile!!!!Seba!, Comunidad Hispana oficial
[Image: seba18an.jpg?dc=4675511111826395393]
[Image: panachiba.gif]
10-19-2006 03:54 AM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: