What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] imitate msg

[Request] imitate msg
Author: Message:
phuzz

– / Male / –
O.P. [Request] imitate msg
Hi, I've been trolling the forums for the past week and have found alot of nifty stuff. And from the stuff that I've found, I created an MSN bot for me and my friends benefit. The scripts here are utterly fantastic!
Because I use a variety of scripts created here, all work a little differently.

The scripts that are used, require input by the user. Seeing as its meant to be a bot controlled remotely, I want to be able to use parameters in the pm to the bot.

i.e.
I say: !do /name My name is PhuzZ-BoT and I can do stuff
(The bot then types back: "/name My name is PhuzZ-BoT and I can do stuff")
*bot changes name to My name is PhuzZ-BoT and I can do stuff

So im requesting a script which will see '!do' and immitate anything said after it back to the person who said it. So nothing more than just copy and pasting everything inputted after '!do'.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

This post was edited on 10-21-2006 at 07:33 PM by phuzz.
10-21-2006 07:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Huhu_Manix

Upload me again... *salivate*

– / Male / –
RE: [Request] imitate msg
I think this following code will help you :

code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(ChatWnd, Origin, Message, MessageKind){
if(Message.substring(0, 4)=="!do ") ChatWnd.SendMessage(Message.substring(4));
}
10-21-2006 08:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Huhu_Manix
I think this following code will help you :

code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(ChatWnd, Origin, Message, MessageKind){
if(Message.substring(0, 4)=="!do ") ChatWnd.SendMessage(Message.substring(4));
}

And together with that you make it EXTREMELY INSECURE and a big safety hazzard for your own computer as anyone can simply do anything they want now with the account this script is running on. Including removing files and yes even screwing up your whole PC.

phuzz,

At least a few checks should be done before allowing the command to be passed. The most important check being the use of Origin to check on your email address. Also include a password scheme so only you can envoke the commands. And check if the messages aren't send from a multi-person convo...

There are a few remote controlling scripts on the forums already (which include the needed safety measurements), check those out instead, they are exactly what you need. Search forums with keyword remote:

eg:
[Release] RemoteAccess, Password protected
[Release] RemoteController
[beta] PlusRemote

This post was edited on 10-21-2006 at 08:55 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-21-2006 08:27 PM
Huhu_Manix

Upload me again... *salivate*

– / Male / –
Cookie > He said it's for him and his friends, a secure is useless...but add a little if which verify the origin of the message is not deprecate... *-)
But I think you're making too much for a little thing, the script'll not be used by the gouvernment ^^
10-21-2006 10:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
phuzz

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Request] imitate msg
Thanks for the replies.

Yes it will only be used by friends, but i'll have a poke around the more secure scripts as well to see if they suit my needs.

Thanks v.much for the code Huhu_Manix, exactly what I wanted.

This post was edited on 10-22-2006 at 01:12 AM by phuzz.
10-22-2006 01:10 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Cookie > He said it's for him and his friends, a secure is useless...but add a little if which verify the origin of the message is not deprecate... *-)
But I think you're making too much for a little thing, the script'll not be used by the gouvernment ^^
I'm not making too much of a little thing.

I know security and/or privacy is not high in your books, but it is in mine as I know at first hand what it means or can do.

And if you look at all the people who got their account stolen, you'll see that the majority of accounts has been stolen by "friends" or by them not knowing how to secure things or thinking it wouldn't come that far.

Even accidents are quick to happen. eg: a friend of phuzz trying the /run command on a critical file, for fun, "just for testing"...

Or what if some malicious person see this thread, sends phuzz a nice PM asking for his msn addy? I don't need to draw the picture I think....

Security is never useless at all. Moreover, in my post I didn't talked about high-end massive cryptography technology, I talked about some simple 1-line basic tests which could prevent all that...

Also, by the code you showed in public many people may try it. People who do not know what the consequences might be...

And to whom do you think those people come to ask for assitance or help? They come back to this forum. And as such we need to "clean up the mess" which such scripts has caused...

Again, I'm not making too much of a little thing. I'm thinking ahead of things which might happen and don't post stuff for the heck of it (or post things which can be easly abused by people).

My first post was a warning to your script snippet and also showed that what he was searching for already existed. Btw, the snippet might have been posted by anybody for that matter but as it didn't contained at least a warning or some basic safety measurements should have been posted with that) I posted what I needed to post.

:dodgy:

This post was edited on 10-22-2006 at 01:37 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-22-2006 01:28 AM
phuzz

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: [Request] imitate msg
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
I'm not making too much of a little thing.

I know security and privacy is not high in your books, but it is in mine as I know at first hand what it means or can do.

And if you look at all the people who got their account stolen, you'll see that the majority of accounts has been stolen by "friends" or by them not knowing how to secure things or thinking it wouldn't come that far.

Even accidents are quick to happen. eg: a friend of phuzz trying the /run command on a critical file, for fun, "just for testing"...

Or what if some malicious person see this thread, sends phuzz a nice PM asking for his msn addy? I don't need to draw the picture I think....

Security is never useless at all. Moreover, in my post I didn't talked about high-end massive cryptography technology, I talked about some simple 1-line basic tests which could prevent all that...

Also, by the code you showed in public many people may try it. People who do not know what the consequences might be...

And to whom do you think those people come to ask for assitance or help? They come back to this forum. And as such we need to "clean up the mess" which such scripts has caused...

Again, I'm not making too much of a little thing. I'm thinking ahead of things which might happen and don't post stuff for the heck of it (or post things which can be easly abused by people; like your scripts).

:dodgy:

I see what you mean. I don't know about other people who may come across this code, but I honestly do use it just for me and friends.
Just the 4 or 5 users added to the account, and 'Only people on my Allow List can see my status or send me messages' enabled.
Also had a look at RemoteController: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=62353 that you posted and seems to be what I'm after too. Will have a look tonight.
10-22-2006 01:34 AM
Plan-1130

I keep askin' myself: why?

73 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

[Release] RemoteAccess, Password protected
[Release] RemoteController
[beta] PlusRemote
RemoteAccess can do exactly as you requested, but PlusRemote and RemoteController have much more features.
Both PlusRemote and RemoteController have the ability to 'link' chat, only PlusRemote can link chatwindows (useful in conversations with more than one contact) and RemoteController links email adresses (useful when you want to follow/track a contact).

PlusRemote gives much more control over the conversations, while RemoteController provides (a little) more control over the server itself.
PlusRemote is still beta, so you can expect updates soon to get more control over the server itself...

This post was edited on 10-22-2006 at 02:21 AM by Plan-1130.
My Scripts: UltimatFlooder, Advanced PSM Chat, PlusPrivacy, PlusRemote

[Image: Plan-1130.png]
10-22-2006 01:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: