What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » cant sign in :(

cant sign in :(
Author: Message:
Dr_X_nemesis

O.P. cant sign in :(
i'm haveing a problem :( whenever i try to sign in to windows live messenger the two buddies just keep spinning for eternity :( story below:

ok. some people were trying to change the message below my display name to stop them i used the boss protection, to hide all the windows etc. the thing is, i forgot to open them back up before i turned off the computer...

now it's locked, and i cant un-lock it without logging back in. but it wont let me do that >.< all that happens when i try to log in is the buddies keep spinning for eternity. i left them for 8-9 hours at last count, never a change...

things i have tried: restarting the computer, uninstalling and re-installing MSN, and the help in the links posted by Zahid. none of them worked :/

some other random info: anybody else can log into this computer, it only happens to me. i cannot acess my email from this computer. oh and someone suggested "ctrl+enter" no idea what it was meant to do but nothing happend ^.^

8-|
~X~
10-24-2006 11:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
RE: cant sign in :(
CookieRevised's reply to Contacts problem
^^ I Think you have tried that before but just to reconfirm try those again. Also have a look @ -!Felu!-'s reply to Problems loging in
10-24-2006 11:25 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
1. Hit "run" in the start menu
2. Type "regedit"
3.  Open "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft"
4. Delete the folder called MSN Messenger
5. After this MSN Messenger Live will login as normal.

or...

If you're not comfortable editing the registry, you can run this small reg. file posted by Jonathan Kay [MVP] which does the same thing as posted above:
Remove Messenger Settings
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-24-2006 11:28 AM
Dr_X_nemesis

O.P. RE: cant sign in :(
^tried that... twice diddn't work. i'll try agin but i'm not holding my breath...
10-24-2006 11:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dr_X_nemesis
some other random info: anybody else can log into this computer, it only happens to me. i cannot acess my email from this computer. oh and someone suggested "ctrl+enter" no idea what it was meant to do but nothing happend ^.^
Delete your user A/C. Make a new one and try again 8-).

Also, i hope you have administrative rights. Try confirming it also see that no software is blocking you from any access to your email.

This post was edited on 10-24-2006 at 12:00 PM by Felu.
10-24-2006 11:58 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: