What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)?

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)?
Author: Message:
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)?
quote:
Originally posted by penguindude
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
You'll have to wait a little more, I'm working on it :). Meanwhile, I suggest you stick to WLM 8.0, the current beta of 8.1 doesn't bring anything really exceptional except for some annoying bugs.

how much longer must we wait

as long as it takes...can't be bothered waiting? go back to Windows Live Messenger 8.0.

As I say to everybody who asks us on IRC. Until Windows Live Messenger 8.1 is out of BETA phases, don't whinge about Patchou not releasing a new version of Messenger Plus! Live.

Why you ask, well technically Windows Live Messenger 8.1 is still a BETA which means there are still a number of bugs probably present, and if Plus! Was released for 8.1 and it crashed, the first thing most people would do is blame Plus! and then give Messenger Plus! a bad name. This is what Patchou would probably rather not put up with.

And in fact what the best thing to do is always run Windows Live Messenger 8.1 BETA without anything done to it (e.g patching, etc.) This then allows all your bugs to be cleaned out and then once out of BETA phases, then Messenger Plus! Live won't cause any harm to Windows Live Messenger because Messenger Plus! Live's BETA testers always find all the bugs and help Patchou releases a bug free version of Messenger Plus! Live. (Unless you find a way to stuff it up :P)

This post was edited on 11-07-2006 at 02:46 AM by MattyRid.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
11-07-2006 02:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
adam.yao

36 / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)?
quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
You'll have to wait a little more, I'm working on it :). Meanwhile, I suggest you stick to WLM 8.0, the current beta of 8.1 doesn't bring anything really exceptional except for some annoying bugs.

as long as it takes...can't be bothered waiting? go back to Windows Live Messenger 8.0.

As I say to everybody who asks us on IRC. Until Windows Live Messenger 8.1 is out of BETA phases, don't whinge about Patchou not releasing a new version of Messenger Plus! Live.

Why you ask, well technically Windows Live Messenger 8.1 is still a BETA which means there are still a number of bugs probably present, and if Plus! Was released for 8.1 and it crashed, the first thing most people would do is blame Plus! and then give Messenger Plus! a bad name. This is what Patchou would probably rather not put up with.

And in fact what the best thing to do is always run Windows Live Messenger 8.1 BETA without anything done to it (e.g patching, etc.) This then allows all your bugs to be cleaned out and then once out of BETA phases, then Messenger Plus! Live won't cause any harm to Windows Live Messenger because Messenger Plus! Live's BETA testers always find all the bugs and help Patchou releases a bug free version of Messenger Plus! Live. (Unless you find a way to stuff it up :P)

I don't agree this.  Messenger 8.1 user is sure that he is using a beta messenger now. It will probably be crashed by some unknown reason. He want to use MP!L for his passion on MP!L. So why not release a beta version as u are working on them.

A Great Plus on Messenger!
11-07-2006 05:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)?
quote:
Originally posted by adam.yao

I don't agree this.  Messenger 8.1 user is sure that he is using a beta messenger now. It will probably be crashed by some unknown reason. He want to use MP!L for his passion on MP!L. So why not release a beta version as u are working on them.

Once again, risking the reputation of Messenger Plus!. Patchou has worked so hard to get this far, why should all that hard work over the years be ruined because of a BETA which was fudged. I'd rather wait for a prefect version rather than having a buggy version released now. And anyway, why would  a non-computer literate user be using a BETA program, they would find it harder to recognise a bug. Is it just because you want to say "I have the Latest version and it's  BETA!!" get a grip on reality, just because you have the latest one and it's a BETA, doesn't mean it is the best one to use. In fact I have gone Back to 8.0 for the reason of how crap version 8.1 is. So unstable that last week I had about 10 crashes in 5 days.

This post was edited on 11-07-2006 at 05:42 AM by MattyRid.
11-07-2006 05:41 AM
adam.yao

36 / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)?
quote:
quote:

Once again, risking the reputation of Messenger Plus!. Patchou has worked so hard to get this far, why should all that hard work over the years be ruined because of a BETA which was fudged. I'd rather wait for a prefect version rather than having a buggy version released now. And anyway, why would  a non-computer literate user be using a BETA program, they would find it harder to recognise a bug. Is it just because you want to say "I have the Latest version and it's  BETA!!" get a grip on reality, just because you have the latest one and it's a BETA, doesn't mean it is the best one to use. In fact I have gone Back to 8.0 for the reason of how crap version 8.1 is. So unstable that last week I had about 10 crashes in 5 days.

:D , plz don't be nervous.  I appreciate Patchou  ,his hard work on MP!L and all MP!Lers' hard work on it.
11-07-2006 05:53 AM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)?
quote:
:D , plz don't be nervous.  I appreciate Patchou  ,his hard work on MP!L and all MP!Lers' hard work on it.

It's not a matter of being nervous, it's matter of thinking logically about things and having an understanding as to why certain things happen a certain way.
11-07-2006 05:56 AM
adam.yao

36 / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)?
quote:
quote:

It's not a matter of being nervous, it's matter of thinking logically about things and having an understanding as to why certain things happen a certain way.

(Y)(Y)(Y)

let me :wall: till die.
11-07-2006 06:07 AM
cloudhunter

36 / – / –
RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)?
quote:

How long is a piece of string?

Cloudy
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6705 days, 8 hours, 17 minutes, 16 seconds ago
11-07-2006 11:12 AM
Dave

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)?
thing is, will the website crash when it is released? as it did with the release of MP!L, despite it being 1 am BST...
PC Model: HP dv9340ea
WLM version: 14
MP!L version: 4.81
11-07-2006 08:46 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)?
No, its extremely unlikely the site will crash this time.

The 4.00 release obviously had more people refreshing the site like crazy then the 4.10 release will have. Also, the site crash on the 4.00 release was mainly caused by a badly written SQL statement causing the SQL server to crash. That issue was fixed and will not re-appear.

Timezone doesn't have anything todo with the probability of the site crashing, users are based all over the world.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
11-07-2006 09:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Dave

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Does MP!L work with the new version of WLM (v8.1 beta)?
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Timezone doesn't have anything todo with the probability of the site crashing, users are based all over the world.
Still, if it is between 6 and 11pm UK or US time, demand would surely be greater than if it were 9 pm in the western pacific? I doubt there are crowds of users in Fiji...
PC Model: HP dv9340ea
WLM version: 14
MP!L version: 4.81
11-07-2006 09:50 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: