What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Plus menu doesn't appear

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Plus menu doesn't appear
Author: Message:
sarah32

RE: RE: Plus menu doesn't appear
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by sarah32
ok i just downloaded the MP and i can c it on my msn but when i click on it in the toolbar it wont open ...
Can you answer _all_ these questions:

1) What is the exact version and complete version (including build number) of Messenger Plus! (you can see this in the setup window of Messenger Plus!)?

2) What is the exact and complete version (including build number!) of Windows Live Messenger you're running (see Help > About Messenger)?

8.0(build 8.0.0812.00)

3) Do other Messenger Plus! functions work when you are running Windows Live Messenger?

no..

4) Do you see the Plus! icon in the button bar underneath the menu bar and your display picture in the contactlist?

yes ... i can c it .. i can only open the list when i open the conversation .. i cant open it from the contact list ..

5) When you right click a contact in the contactlist, do you see a menu named "Messenger Plus! Features" and can you use its submenus?

yes

6) Try this (follow instructions exactly to the letter):
- Close the contact list
- Reopen the contact list by double clicking on Messenger's system tray icon (near the pc clock)
- Go with your mouse _directly_ to the Plus! menu in the top menubar; do not hoover with your mouse over the other menus (if you did this you need to close and reopen the contactlist again !!!)
- Can you now access the Plus! menu?

no ..

7) Are you using any other Messenger related addon or patch like SmileyCentral, MessPatch, A-Patch, MSN Content Plus, etc... ?

smileycentral and sweetim ..

11-12-2006 03:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Plus menu doesn't appear
sarah32:

1) download and install the newest version of Messenger Plus! Live:
http://www.msgpluslive.net/download

After that, restart messenger and try again to see if you now can access everything properly

2) If it still doesn't work, uninstall SmileyCentral (Web Search), SweetIM and any other addons you might have.

Then restart Messenger and see if that has solved the problem

3) If it still doesn't work, close messenger again and manually delete the following file (if it exists): "C:/Program Files/MSN Messenger\riched20.dll".

4) Report back if it was solved or not and how

This post was edited on 11-12-2006 at 05:06 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-12-2006 05:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ShadeOfBlue

Huh?  RE: RE: Plus menu doesn't appear
quote:

1) What is the exact version and complete version (including build number) of Messenger Plus! (you can see this in the setup window of Messenger Plus!)?

4.10 (b 250) (but even 4.01)

quote:
2) What is the exact and complete version (including build number!) of Windows Live Messenger you're running (see Help > About Messenger)?

8.1.0106.00 (but even 8.0.0812)

quote:
3) Do other Messenger Plus! functions work when you are running Windows Live Messenger, like toasts popping up, logs being created, etc?

No, it doesn't load at all

quote:
4) Do you see the Plus! icon in the button bar underneath the menu bar and your display picture in the contactlist?

Nope

quote:
5) When you right click a contact in the contactlist, do you see a menu named "Messenger Plus! Features" and can you use its submenus?

Same

quote:
6) Try this (follow instructions exactly to the letter):
- Close the contact list
- Reopen the contact list by double clicking on Messenger's system tray icon (near the pc clock)
- Go with your mouse _directly_ to the Plus! menu in the top menubar; do not hoover with your mouse over the other menus (if you did this you need to close and reopen the contactlist again !!!)
- Can you now access the Plus! menu?

Still no

quote:
7) Are you using any other Messenger related addon or patch like SmileyCentral, MessPatch, A-Patch, MSN Content Plus, SweetIM, etc... ?

I use MessPatch but of course it went off when I reinstalled MSN/Plus! and deleted folders. I also installed MessengerDiscovery but that was after I realized I couldn't start Plus! anymore... and I uninstalled it anyway...
I don't use a software firewall (even xp's has been disabled)

Thanks for helping

--
Fra
11-12-2006 06:42 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
ShadeOfBlue, in that other thread you said you had the same problem. Reading your answers here it is clear that you don't have the same problem. In your case Plus! doesn't load at all. This thread is for when Plus! does load but the top menu in the menubar isn't visible/accessable. keep an eye on "not loading" instead.

This post was edited on 11-12-2006 at 07:21 PM by CookieRevised.
11-12-2006 07:12 PM
ShadeOfBlue

Roll Eyes  RE: RE: Plus menu doesn't appear
Whoops... sorry...

--
Fra
11-12-2006 07:31 PM
richardseapower

O.P. RE: RE: Plus menu doesn't appear
quote:
ShadeOfBlue, in that other thread you said you had the same problem. Reading your answers here it is clear that you don't have the same problem. In your case Plus! doesn't load at all. This thread is for when Plus! does load but the top menu in the menubar isn't visible/accessable. keep an eye on "not loading" instead.

No offence, thanks for all the help, but I started this thread and ShadeOfBlue has the EXACT same problem as me. No plus loading at all, the menu simply does not appear. I'm just about to read the thread you link to and download 4.10, if it doesn't work then me and ShadeOfBlue are at exactly the same stage.
11-12-2006 07:51 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by richardseapower
No offence, thanks for all the help, but I started this thread and ShadeOfBlue has the EXACT same problem as me. No plus loading at all, the menu simply does not appear. I'm just about to read the thread you link to and download 4.10, if it doesn't work then me and ShadeOfBlue are at exactly the same stage.
I stand corrected...

but this is exactly what you get when people aren't specific or don't give full details and/or just reply with "I have the same problem" when actually they don't have the same symptoms (hence my list of questions)

As for the problems itself, Patchou is keeping an eye on these threads and looking into it.

;)

This post was edited on 11-12-2006 at 08:20 PM by CookieRevised.
11-12-2006 08:17 PM
richardseapower

O.P. RE: Plus menu doesn't appear
I think sarah 32 may have misunderstood my problem, perhaps I was too vague, sorry. When I say the menu doesn't appear, I mean no features of plus appear in WLM at all, as in the menu from which you would usually be able to access them simply doesn't exist. 4.10 isn't working either, so I have emailed Patchou..
11-12-2006 08:19 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by richardseapower
I mean no features of plus appear in WLM at all, as in the menu from which you would usually be able to access them simply doesn't exist.
Though, this doesn't nessecairly mean that Plus! isn't loaded or that you don't have access to its features.

There was a bug in the 4.10 beta version which prevented the menu from showing up, but the rest worked fine, hence my question 5 and 6 in my post before (although this bug should be already fixed).

And superbigfeet, although saying he has the same problem, has also something similar happening; Plus! is loaded, menu is shown, but rest isn't accessable...

EDIT: just thinking about it, you can probably easy test if Plus! is actually loaded or not (eventhough you don't see it) by trying to import a script (.PLSC file) while Messenger is running.

This post was edited on 11-12-2006 at 08:27 PM by CookieRevised.
11-12-2006 08:26 PM
richardseapower

O.P. RE: Plus menu doesn't appear
OK... no I don't have that menu appearing on right-click. I don't have any visible signs of plus in any location.
11-12-2006 08:28 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: