What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Free MyBB hosting..

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Free MyBB hosting..
Author: Message:
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Free MyBB hosting..
quote:
Originally posted by Lourix
Not sure about a name but what kind of forum is it any like?

Well, seing as it seems to be popular (especially here), i want it to be based around technology..
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
11-09-2006 08:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Free MyBB hosting..
Dont be a competitor to Felu! http://technoage.feluowns.com

It is already a pretty good forum. No point of making two forums of the same topic around the same area of people.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6560 days, 23 hours, 18 minutes, 10 seconds ago.

11-09-2006 09:38 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
No point?
Why?
Because mess.be made one i cant?
because msgstuff made one i cant?
not really.
Although forums should be created only to solve a problem imho.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
11-10-2006 12:22 AM
Adeptus

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
No point?
Why?
Because mess.be made one i cant?
because msgstuff made one i cant?
not really.
Although forums should be created only to solve a problem imho.
I'd have to agree with NagamasaAzai on that one. 

It seems to be an all too common trend for people to make portal type websites dealing with broad topics (and, of course, all having forums).  A year later, 99.99% of them are either gone or have fewer than 50 posts and no visitors other than search engine robots.

The reason is obvious: people only have time to participate in so many forums on daily basis and it is all about community.  They will choose the forum that already has one established over one that has 20 users, posting once every 3 months each -- where they actually might get a timely response to their posts, or develop an interesting discussion. 

You might say "everybody started from nothing at one time" and to some degree that is true.  However, I suspect you will find virtually all of the successful attempts had a purpose and a close association with a popular product or website featuring good original content.

So, my advice to most would be to make your personal website personal.  Get a blog.  If you take pictures, get a gallery.  If you do something interesting, post it.  Give the URL to your friends, instead of a MySpace page.

If you do that right, you will probably have more regular visitors than you would with a completely non-original "technology site" and a forum.

This post was edited on 11-10-2006 at 01:40 AM by Adeptus.
11-10-2006 01:33 AM
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
I'd have to agree with NagamasaAzai on that one. 

It seems to be an all too common trend for people to make portal type websites dealing with broad topics (and, of course, all having forums).  A year later, 99.99% of them are either gone or have fewer than 50 posts and no visitors other than search engine robots.

The reason is obvious: people only have time to participate in so many forums on daily basis and it is all about community.  They will choose the forum that already has one established over one that has 20 users, posting once every 3 months each -- where they actually might get a timely response to their posts, or develop an interesting discussion. 

You might say "everybody started from nothing at one time" and to some degree that is true.  However, I suspect you will find virtually all of the successful attempts had a purpose and a close association with a popular product or website featuring good original content.

So, my advice to most would be to make your personal website personal.  Get a blog.  If you take pictures, get a gallery.  If you do something interesting, post it.  Give the URL to your friends, instead of a MySpace page.

If you do that right, you will probably have more regular visitors than you would with a completely non-original "technology site" and a forum.

I 100% Agree. Take A Look At http://www.mcinferno.co.uk/phpBB/index.htm For Proof Of This. :D
11-13-2006 09:57 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: