What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » MsgPlus & MsgPlus Forums theory...

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
MsgPlus & MsgPlus Forums theory...
Author: Message:
D:Frag

Forum d:Fragment0r

– / Male / –
O.P. Wink  MsgPlus & MsgPlus Forums theory...
:type:
I was thinking about all the traffic this forums get... the "annoying" and repeating posts in General Chit Chat the new people coming here just to sa "hi", the incredibly high number of members...

I think there's more than just a program, its forums and the people registred... all this has become a Messenger Plus Community, people come here, read the threads and think "wow, these people are cool, I'm gonna post something to know them" they do and expect people to write back (y)... and that is not going to change... I think that the IRC channel should be promoted here for these people, maybe make a webchat like sock's in Patchou's Plus page, or if sock agrees, host his webchat there... I don't know :-/ (why in Plus's page? because many people don't trust external links :P )

Well, I had nothing to do and this came to my mind... what do you think???

This post was edited on 03-27-2003 at 12:57 AM by D:Frag.

[Image: style5,d-dp-Frag.png]
Respect to the man in the ice cream van!
03-26-2003 10:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
RE: MsgPlus & MsgPlus Forums theory...
Yeah it's a great idea I prefer irc to forums for newbies it gives the personal touch
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
03-27-2003 12:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
musicalmidget
Elite Member

Hmm, randomness...

37 / Male / Flag
I think an all new IRC chat just for newbies is a good idea.  The socalled 'regulars' can still have the current web chat without it suddenly becoming flooded with newbiews.

Hope that makes sense... :p
03-27-2003 12:42 AM
sock
Elite Member

Back in White! (with red stripes)

38 / Male / Flag
Blah, there aren't that many people on the chat, no need to create another channel:-/..... I already made channels for some of the most common languages (French, Spanish, Dutch/Flemish, German and Italian), but newbies keep joining the channels of the wrong languages, or just join all the channels one by one...:@ I do get many people who just come to chat....:-/ Those bewbies!!!!!:@:@:@:blah:

Anyway, the chat's biggest problem is that there are very few helpers coming there..... We need people to "idle" there using mIRC or any other IRC client, so they could help the people coming there..... Especially in the languages mentioned above. Right now there are zero German and Italian helpers.... The other channels are lacking helpers as well. Blah.

Check out this thread: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=4505
[Image: patchoulolhaxun7.jpg]
03-27-2003 02:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: MsgPlus & MsgPlus Forums theory...
quote:
Originally posted by sock
Blah, there aren't that many people on the chat, no need to create another channel:-/..... I already made channels for some of the most common languages (French, Spanish, Dutch/Flemish, German and Italian), but newbies keep joining the channels of the wrong languages, or just join all the channels one by one...:@ I do get many people who just come to chat....:-/ Those bewbies!!!!!:@:@:@:blah:

Anyway, the chat's biggest problem is that there are very few helpers coming there..... We need people to "idle" there using mIRC or any other IRC client, so they could help the people coming there..... Especially in the languages mentioned above. Right now there are zero German and Italian helpers.... The other channels are lacking helpers as well. Blah.

Check out this thread: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=4505

Blah, Im an Italian helper sock :rolleyes:
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
03-27-2003 05:13 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
When the new Plus! web site will be online there will be much more people attracted to the chat room so it'S just a matter of time. And, by the way, don't throw people who just want to chat... I can understand easily why people want to see first to what kind of person they are talking before asking about Messenger Plus!... everybody is not just "technical", we have humans here too :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-27-2003 08:37 AM
sock
Elite Member

Back in White! (with red stripes)

38 / Male / Flag
I don't kick anyone unless they are offensive or they flood....  but it annoys me that some people don't understand the purpose of the chat, they just join to ask people for their (?).... I suppose they are very young....:-/
[Image: patchoulolhaxun7.jpg]
03-27-2003 08:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
D:Frag

Forum d:Fragment0r

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: MsgPlus & MsgPlus Forums theory...
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
When the new Plus! web site will be online there will be much more people attracted to the chat room so it'S just a matter of time. And, by the way, don't throw people who just want to chat... I can understand easily why people want to see first to what kind of person they are talking before asking about Messenger Plus!... everybody is not just "technical", we have humans here too :)

This is the point I wanted to get to... let's start from the begining:

MsgPlus! is an extension for an Instant Messaging Program. MSNMessenger is a program of that type, used by people who want to communicate with other people, people who want to know more people!  That explains why most of the members just come to the forums to say "hi". MsgPlus and its forums have done something really big here, they have gathered more than 10,000 members!!!! :shocked: Whoa.......

I'm almost sure that 50%+ members just joined to know other people, so my suggestion(s) would be: leave sock's channels for technical stuff (support) and add a chat page  to the new website for these people (doesn't has to be a mIRC channel, just a regular webchat), I see this as a solution to the problems the Forums have and attract more people to use Plus!

This time I had something to do (work :blah!: :refuck: ) and this came to my mind :P

[Image: style5,d-dp-Frag.png]
Respect to the man in the ice cream van!
03-27-2003 04:53 PM
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
Well can there be a message plus irc general chit chat channel
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
03-27-2003 05:09 PM
Bugz

the well known asshole

38 / Male / Flag
I know that some from the original forum people have left this place or don't post that frequently as before anymore by all this newbies
(I'm talking about myself, Scorpion, gisteren, reisyboy, musicalmidget,...)
03-27-2003 06:01 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: