What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Contacts on *sidebar*

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Contacts on *sidebar*
Author: Message:
leyton01

O.P. Contacts on *sidebar*
Any plans on releasing a similar function to Contacts on Desktop that is compatible with the Vista Sidebar?  Would be great to dock a selected number of contacts to the sidebar and use them just like Contacts on Desktop.
11-25-2006 06:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Contacts on *sidebar*
I don't think Patchou has many plays for Windows Vista yet, as it isn't yet officially out and selling in the shops and it'll take a few years for most people to have it, so what's the point?
11-25-2006 08:56 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I don't think Patchou has many plays for Windows Vista yet, as it isn't yet officially out and selling in the shops and it'll take a few years for most people to have it, so what's the point?
to be honest, more people then you think have it, or will get it when it comes out...
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6671 days, 6 hours, 55 minutes, 30 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
11-25-2006 09:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Check this out ;)
[Image: signature.php]
11-25-2006 09:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
leyton01

O.P. RE: RE: Contacts on *sidebar*
quote:
Originally posted by traxor

sidebar is available for XP as well.  The kind of people who use msg plus are the kind of people who will adopt Vista early.

Vilkku - I have looked at that - it is pretty clumsy but hopefully it will improve as it goes through the beta stage.  The functionality of contacts on desktop is perfect - it just needs to be dockable on the sidebar.  I am not sure how the original one is coded or how much work it would be to make them into a gadget though.
11-25-2006 06:15 PM
DarkMe

Thx ins4ne for my av :p

31 / Male / –
I have been using that gadget for a while although sometimes it consumes a lot of ram but nothing that can be fiexd in the future

edit: 400th POST!!

This post was edited on 11-25-2006 at 06:16 PM by DarkMe.
[Image: darkme.png]
11-25-2006 06:16 PM
Kenji
Veteran Member

Previously: Dazmatic, Dazzy, :zippy:

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by leyton01
The kind of people who use msg plus are the kind of people who will adopt Vista early.
What makes you think that?

I know loads of people that dont even know what Vista is,  and most people who want it, cant run it.

Anyways, good find Vikku, ill use that when i get my Vista partion working again.
11-25-2006 06:19 PM
sljaxon

I want more, I want Messenger Plus.

– / Male / –
Great Sidebar gadget.
Sam
One hoopy frood :D

[Image: theextraordinarymedleypyx9.png]
11-28-2006 01:10 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Contacts on *sidebar*
quote:
Originally posted by leyton01
The kind of people who use msg plus are the kind of people who will adopt Vista early.
Not at all.

The few hundreds of people on forums like this who use Plus! are serioulsy outnumbered by the millions of people who are average computer users and do not have the money to buy Vista, don't have the correct specs, or don't have the knowledge to illegally download and install it; let alone have a _real_ use for it.

This post was edited on 11-28-2006 at 01:38 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-28-2006 01:37 PM
leyton01

O.P. RE: Contacts on *sidebar*
You are all reading way too much into that comment.  It's not about numbers or percentages - it's about attitudes and computer knowledge.

The kind of people who want to mod their messenger installation and would know about and install the kind of program like msg plus are the kind of people who are likely to be early adopters of new technology.

The majority of us are geeks at heart (some not just at heart) - naturally we would have a higher usage of a newer OS when compared to the average user.

It's not about pure numbers, having the money or hardware to get vista - its about trends.

--------
I know loads of people that dont even know what Vista is,  and most people who want it, cant run it.

Anyways, good find Vikku, ill use that when i get my Vista partion working again.

--------
That is kind of my point - loads of people don't know about vista but they would also not know about msg plus.  People like YOU who use msg plus are the kind of people who are more likely to know and use Vista...

This post was edited on 11-28-2006 at 04:21 PM by leyton01.
11-28-2006 04:20 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: