What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Reputation idea

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
Reputation idea
Author: Message:
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Reputation idea
Ok so even if you're an experienced user, just because you have a neg rep (total rep point count), you are no longer allowed to vote?

I don't like it tbh. We have good mods to take care of payback reps and tbh you can help them by using the [Image: pm.gif] button to report the rep (first to the user then to the admin or mabbe directly to the admin. Cases differ)
It's only a rep so forget about it. If you have a problem, pm an admin.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
11-26-2006 07:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Ok so even if you're an experienced user, just because you have a neg rep (total rep point count), you are no longer allowed to vote?
you completly missed the point, your only not able to neg the person that neged you for 2 weeks, to avoid a rep back, after that update or removals of the rep to you won't change that,
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6664 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes, 43 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
11-26-2006 08:05 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
Ok so if both of us think the other spams and if you rep me first, i should wait 2 weeks for neg repping you for a reason which may be legit and not a "rep back"?
Thats not right imo :(
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
11-26-2006 08:34 AM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
oh come on, you could easily counter that with some code
Actually, no. The database structure would have to be changed... maybe even a whole new table to keep track of everything.

quote:
I agree, it's a dodgy idea... :dodgy:
11-26-2006 08:42 AM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Ok so if both of us think the other spams and if you rep me first, i should wait 2 weeks for neg repping you for a reason which may be legit and not a "rep back"?
yes exactly because if you truly do think i deserve a neg, then the 2 weeks will not matter, and will not change your desision
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6664 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes, 43 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
11-26-2006 08:42 AM
ins4ne
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
saralk is right...

Tbh, if you don't give a *beep* about reps, don't post in discussions about it... It's harsh, but if you don't care about them, then you also don't care what is being discussed about them... :/

Saying you don't care about them is nice to know but doesn't bring anything usefull to discussions like this IMHO.

Some people do care about them and want it to be with as much as integrity as possible, like saralk explains it.
I just read your post Cookie and then what saralk wrote. You quoted him but i failed a bit. Anyways, what he says is true.
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
Altough my rep doesn't bother me that much, it bothers other people, and people are more likely to get help if they have a positive rep. What they say also carries a lot more weight if they have a higher rep.
The rep is a sign that the community respects you, and gives an indication of where you stand in the community.
I never thought about it and it's like he said. It's what i meant. I dont give a *beep* (;)) about my reps but others do when they are looking for help or when i search for some.

NiteMare get over it...
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Actually, no. The database structure would have to be changed... maybe even a whole new table to keep track of everything.
DZ's too lazy :P
[Image: b5c5bb366c94ba43283cc13901380e3e.png]
11-26-2006 09:49 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
yes exactly because if you truly do think i deserve a neg, then the 2 weeks will not matter, and will not change your desision
But why wait 2 weeks for something that i, imo, should be able to do now?
I'm not abusing the system. Why should i have to wait just because you repped me first? ffs thats lame.
Imo, if you think someone just repped you back , pm them and talk about it. If nothing comes out of it, just pm an admin, explaining your side of it (hopefully with appropriate links to posts if relavent so as to not increase their work too much) and they will do what they think is right.
If they thing you are right, the rep will be removed, else it will stay. End of story.
Unless the admins (who are really the ones who are doing the job) have a problem with it, i don't see why the users should? The staff does a great job. If they miss anything use the [Image: pm.gif] button.

plz2not suggest repmods :dodgy:

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
I agree, it's a dodgy idea... :dodgy:
woo \o/ :P

This post was edited on 11-26-2006 at 09:57 AM by John Anderton.
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
11-26-2006 09:56 AM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
I do not agree with the idea to have to wait 2 weeks, I don't think is the best solution...
Anyway... as I'm seeing, the possible solution is only that given by John Anderton (quoted down)... Just PM the person or an Adm...
quote:
if you think someone just repped you back , pm them and talk about it. If nothing comes out of it, just pm an admin, explaining your side of it (hopefully with appropriate links to posts if relavent so as to not increase their work too much) and they will do what they think is right.
If they thing you are right, the rep will be removed, else it will stay.

quote:
Unless the admins (who are really the ones who are doing the job) have a problem with it, i don't see why the users should? The staff does a great job. If they miss anything use the [Image: pm.gif] button.
Agree with you again in that point too (Y)
11-26-2006 01:17 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
I do not agree with the idea to have to wait 2 weeks, I don't think is the best solution...
Anyway... as I'm seeing, the possible solution is only that given by John Anderton (quoted down)... Just PM the person or an Adm...
IMO you should use the report button. That's why it is there. Only if you have some big explanation to do you could maybe PM someone.

PM's are personal and you'll never know if that admin will be in time to read it, or read it at all...

Either way, contacting an admin would be best, I agree.
Any measure taken will have some global disadvantage for everybody, while, let's be honest, payback reps do not occur that often...

This post was edited on 11-26-2006 at 01:24 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-26-2006 01:21 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
I was in this situation a couple of weeks ago, someone had given me a neg after I'd had given the one for what I personally feel wasn't a valid reason. I PM'd DZ explaining and it was removed. I'm not going to say I don't care about my rep; I do. I've worked to try and help people out and want it to somehow reflect so that members that haven't seen any of my posts yet know that I'm (sometimes) a helpful person...

I think a time limit would be a bit silly when you consider some of the points made in this thread. I prefer the idea of not being able to rep whilst in negative reps, but again this has it's flaws/other potential problems. I think the system is working fine as it is right now and as was posted earlier, if you don't care about reps, you shouldn't care what happens to the rep system
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
11-26-2006 10:12 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: