What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » How much do you earn?

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
How much do you earn?
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: How much do you earn?
[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
The upside of the US system is that if you have insurance coverage and if you need something serious done, you will get it done promptly and won't end up waiting in a long line.  That doesn't seem to be the case in countries with socialized medicine -- at least, it doesn't seem to be the case in Canada and UK.  I personally know people in both, who have waited for non-critical (but definitely quality of life improving) medical services for years.  That wouldn't happen here, because there is enough money in it for capacity to outpace demand.
If people need to wait a couple of days for non-critical things to be done, it is because more important critical things of other people come first. I don't see anything wrong in that, in fact I wouldn't want it in any other way.

Apposed to getting people in front of line, eventhough they have something non-critical, while those others have criticial things but are uninsuranced.

And waiting for years for something non-critical has got nothing todo with all this. If they needed to wait for years it is because something was not available at that time (donor, medical knowhow, whatever) or wasn't opssible todo on their age, etc. There are perfect reason for something like that. Even if those people lived in the US and had the best medial plan available they still would have been waiting "for years".

[/OFF TOPIC]

This post was edited on 12-02-2006 at 02:01 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-02-2006 01:38 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Adeptus

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
If people need to wait a couple of days for non-critical things to be done, it is because more important critical things of other people come first.  And waiting for years for something non-critical has got nothing todo with all this. If they needed to wait for years it is because something was not available at that time (donor, medical knowhow, whatever) or wasn't opssible todo on their age, etc. There are perfect reason for something like that. Even if those people lived in the US and had the best medial plan available they still would have been waiting "for years".
Actually, in at least one of the specific cases I mention, the wait was not for anything of the sort you suggest.  It was for availability of the operating theater at a Vancouver hospital -- apparently a scarce resource.  That clearly is a problem of insufficient capital investment and poor management on part of the government in charge of socialized medicine

That would not happen in the US, simply because operating such a facility here makes one very good money.  Consequently, there are more facilities than required available at any given time.

This post was edited on 12-02-2006 at 10:56 AM by Adeptus.
12-02-2006 10:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
While I am not originally from US, I have worked in US longer than anywhere else and can recall only one 6-month stint I did ages ago, where I didn't have private health insurance fully paid for by my employer.  So, people who don't have it are obviously in the wrong line of work.

I'm not sure what type of work you do, but I assume it isn't working at WalMart or another low skilled job. A lot of people don't get healthcare because their employer doesn't provide it, and they can't afford healthcare because of the cost of being poor (i.e. paying for cheaper stuff that'll need to be replaced more often, and so cost more long term)
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
12-02-2006 11:22 AM
Vazza

– / Female / –
I get 60 GBP a week for working the weekend (basically 14 hours a week although I do swear that it should have gone up) On the odd occassion that I work as a Clincal Support Worker/ Healthcare Assistant, I get 25GBP per shift (before tax) or more depending when I do the shift i.e. nightshift/weekend/bank holiday (plus whatever I make on eBay (a))

This post was edited on 12-02-2006 at 10:12 PM by Vazza.
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7268 days, 17 hours, 34 minutes, 26 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
12-02-2006 09:55 PM
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
£31 quid working 11 - 5:30 every sunday

heh.. when i wasn't schooling i was picking up about £200 quid a week from working two jobs
12-02-2006 10:04 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Lourix

32 / Male / Flag
It depends, I earn as much as I work practically.
[Image: 202180054.png]
12-02-2006 10:09 PM
Baggins

B000ALFAZO

29 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: How much do you earn?
quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
$1-2 a week [Image: msn_grin.gif]. Google Adsense [Image: msn_tongue.gif].

would adsense in signatues be allowed because the results returned would be relevant?
12-02-2006 10:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Curtis

31 / Male / Flag
Used to earn bout $200 a year if you include all my birthday and christmas money.  I made a lot of money babysitting.
12-02-2006 10:48 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Baggins
would adsense in signatues be allowed because the results returned would be relevant?
No, Google (and all other ad companies) only allow you to place ads on sites you directly own.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-02-2006 11:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Baggins
you cant even have them in your sig.... you need html enamled to do that.... + what MenthiX said
12-03-2006 12:18 AM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: