What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Hey People and patchou,I WANT THIS BACK!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Hey People and patchou,I WANT THIS BACK!
Author: Message:
frad

RE: Hey People and patchou,I WANT THIS BACK!
That's too bad.  I too would like this feature back.  Because, while Windows Live Messenger (and MSN 7.5) might support offline messaging now, there are many other ways to connect to MSN that still do not support it.

Namely these do NOT support offline messaging yet: Any Web-Messenger (official or otherwise), the official MSN 6.0 for Mac, any third party client such as Trillian and for the Linux crowd Gaim.

I bet that most people who use Windows Live Messenger, still have a few contacts that use these other clients I mentioned.  Especially contacts who use other OSes (Mac & Linux).  It would be nice to be able to send them "offline messages" or ComeBack messages.

I think this is a valid reason for this features return.  Just my two cents.  What does everyone else think?
12-02-2006 01:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Although it is correct that not all clients are able to recieve offline messages, people with MSN Messenger 7.5 or higher can read them. And that is the majority of all.

Together with this, the offline messaging and Plus!'s old comeback-message are extremely similar (though there are indeed differences).

Since offline messages became available, only one or two requests have been made to bring back the comeback-messages (and I know one of those requestors was very satisfied to discover the offline message system from Messenger itself; he didn't knew it existed)

And to add to this: a comeback-system like the one in Plus! 3 is extremely very easy and short to make with a script.

So putting everything together, I don't think it justifies it to add this back. There are, IMHO, more important and much more requested things to bring back (eg: custom names with (!N) support).

Thus, a script is the best solution...

I'm not against bringing it back though... but I know I wont use it anymore (and if I need something to send to someone while we both are online, I either make a notification or either make a script with a few lines of code to do it)

But that's just my personal opinion.

This post was edited on 12-02-2006 at 02:39 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-02-2006 02:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
GoodThings2Life

Make GoodThings2Life a Paradigm!

44 / Male / –
I believe he is referring to the ability to have custom toast popup messages.

This post was edited on 12-04-2006 at 07:35 PM by GoodThings2Life.
Regards,
Aaron M. Hall
"Some people WISH IT COULD happen,
Some people THINK IT WILL happen,
Some people MAKE IT happen..."
12-04-2006 07:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
joemailey

38 / Male / –
Hmmmmmmmm

Come back Msg's or whatever you want to call them.

I believe thy should come back.
Al thou i never used them, i have a growing need to have something like that with multiple people using trillan and other Messengers.

Including Web Messengers.

This feature in my opinion would work perfectly well.

As i have friends from all around the world, some who work only with mac's.

others were msn doesn't work, when there actually in work although web messenger does.

Cookie says most ppl use 7.5 and WLM, which is true to a degree. BUT maybe when there only at home yes. but thru out the summer friends and family all summer long were all on Web messenger or other messengers for quite some time. vacations, holidays etc.

another holiday season approaches and already i have seen web messenger appear. with friends in other locations for Christmas.

E-Mails would work thou, but people tend to follow your msgs faster than e-mail.

This post was edited on 12-05-2006 at 03:16 PM by joemailey.
12-05-2006 03:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: