What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » A compiled list of the awfulness of WLM

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
A compiled list of the awfulness of WLM
Author: Message:
DragonQ

O.P. A compiled list of the awfulness of WLM
List of WLM CRAPNESS

1)    There is no “Do you wish to overwrite the existing file?” message when using Save Target As… to receive a file.

2)    The potentially unsafe file warning displays both before and after the Save As… dialog when receiving a file.

3)    Remote Assistance will not work through WLM when one person is using WLM 8.1 Beta and the other person is using WLM 8.0 for some reason.

4)    Scrollbars randomly disappear (as does Page Up/Down functionality) after quitting Worms Armageddon occasionally.

5)    File previews and the text and links for “Accept”, “Cancel” and “Save As…” are randomly broken on occasion.

6)    Handwriting just doesn’t appear most of the time for no reason.

7)    Windows Live Safety Scanner tries to download and install almost every time you receive a file, and fails most of the time, even though it is quite clearly already installed.

8)    Switching between tabs on WLM Plus! Sometimes doesn’t change the focus to the new tab’s input box, but leaves it on the old tab’s input box.

9)    It is called WINDOWS LIVE! Messenger. Worst. Name. Ever.

10)    Does not let you send files when Offline... but will let you get stuck on the Send a File menu without any explanation...

11)    Randomly misses off the first character of hyperlinks.

12)    Randomly does not display file icons/filenames when transferring files.

13)    Randomly adds extra characters before emoticons.

14)    Randomly "loses" messages before sending them for anything between 15 seconds and 2 hours.

15)    Blatantly generates random error message codes in response to identical errors.

16)    Thinks Administrators are not Administrators on occasion.

17)    Will very often send messages out of sequence between two “Appear Offline” people.

18)    Displays a random number of hyphens after your name in the WLM main window if you have no personal message.

19)    Randomly associates your sign-in name with other e-mail accounts you have that you do not wish to be associated with WLM.

20)    Randomly screws up file names for no reason – sometimes quoting a file name differently in three places during a file transfer.

21)    Will occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, take focus away from the text box a few times in quick succession, but give the focus to NOTHING.

22)    Sometimes the progress bar on file transfers will move backwards and forwards for no reason.

23)    Upon restoring a minimized WLM window, WLM sometimes will sometimes also restore a RANDOMLY-SELECTED window from the others currently open on your computer.

24)    Sometimes when logging in, WLM will give you messages that you supposedly received when you were offline, but that you actually received and replied to previously while Appearing Offline.

25)    WLM sometimes just doesn’t change your status when you’re idle after the 5 minute timeout has elapsed.

26)    WLM is apparently not compatible with Windows Vista according to the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor, even though it was DESIGNED for Windows Vista.

27)    Occasionally ignores all mouse and keyboard events in the main window and system tray icon, before crashing with the Send Error Report window appearing.

28)    For some extremely unknown reason, a single lonely blue pixel will appear at the top-right of the main WLM window.

29)    Sometimes the leftmost part of the title bar of WLM will remain on screen in front of other windows (even if classic title bars are disabled for WLM conversation windows).

This list was compiled by me and a friend. Feel free to add to it as you wish. Many of these bugs are extremely RANDOM and we cannot see, having experience with programming, how a lot of these could possibly happen, even with lazy code. What are the chances of all of these bugs being fixed? Hmmmm...

This post was edited on 12-06-2006 at 01:25 AM by DragonQ.
12-05-2006 02:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lourix

32 / Male / Flag
RE: A compiled list of the awfulness of WLM
Well good list maybe these bugs will be fixed in the future or maybe not but it's a shame about Vista though. Thank your friend for me for telling us about this.

This post was edited on 12-05-2006 at 05:39 PM by Lourix.
[Image: 202180054.png]
12-05-2006 05:38 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Most of the problems you have described i have never encountered.
[Image: jumbled.png]
12-05-2006 06:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

Well good list maybe these bugs will be fixed in the future or maybe not but it's a shame about Vista though. Thank your friend for me for telling us about this.
x2

Some, yes. Most, no.
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
12-05-2006 06:27 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Hum, I want to make a news post for this on my website (msgstuff.com). I am about to leave now, can I have permission to do it? :P
12-05-2006 06:40 PM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
never had most of them at all, seems just like your sinical, or you've got some bad version:P
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6649 days, 17 hours, 14 minutes, 13 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
12-05-2006 06:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
devilz-fury

29 / Male / –
quote:
Most of the problems you have described i have never encountered.
"The World At Peace? I'd Rather See The World In Pieces."
[Image: GrimDEV.png]
[Image: Team-Exile-Member-Userbar.gif]
12-05-2006 06:46 PM
DragonQ

O.P. RE: A compiled list of the awfulness of WLM
quote:
Hum, I want to make a news post for this on my website (msgstuff.com). I am about to leave now, can I have permission to do it?

Absolutely. Credit "DragonQ" please.

These bugs were all obtained on two perfectly healthy PCs (one is a very recent fresh install), using WLM 8.0 with the latest version of Messenger Plus Live! installed, chatting on an LAN.

This post was edited on 12-06-2006 at 01:01 AM by DragonQ.
12-05-2006 06:59 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by DragonQ
Windows Live! Plus
i think you mixed it up :P and confused
Windows Live Messenger           and
Messenger Plus!

This post was edited on 12-05-2006 at 08:35 PM by Voldemort.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
12-05-2006 08:35 PM
ins4ne
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Add 'WLM freezed after uninstalling script in MP!L'...
[Image: b5c5bb366c94ba43283cc13901380e3e.png]
12-05-2006 08:38 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: