What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Parental Control & Chat Logging - child can override!!??

Parental Control & Chat Logging - child can override!!??
Author: Message:
newbiesecurity

RE: Parental Control & Chat Logging - child can override!!??
I personally think spying on your children is a losing propostion.  If they don't feel that they can confide in you now, how will they feel after they find out your spying on them?  They will find out.  If they are computer savvy, they will eventually detect it or you will confront them with something you found while snooping.  Here is a pretty good article detailing the problems and consequences of spying on your children.  How would you feel if your boss, spouse, children, etc... were spying on you?  I am sure they could come up with a lot of valid reasons why they were doing it.  "I wanted to make sure he/she wasn't stealing from me" or "I wanted to make sure he/she wasn't cheating on me" or "I wanted to make sure my parents weren't spying on me."

Also, a lot of keylogger and spyware vendors are not the most reputable companies in the world.  Be careful that you aren't the one that is getting spied upon.  I have written an article on spyware that you may find helpful.

Good luck!
http://www.newbiesecurity.com
Take back your computer!
12-08-2006 05:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Parental Control & Chat Logging - child can override!!?? - by Chookers on 12-07-2006 at 01:34 AM
RE: Parental Control & Chat Logging - child can override!!?? - by CookieRevised on 12-07-2006 at 01:49 AM
RE: Parental Control & Chat Logging - child can override!!?? - by Rolando on 12-07-2006 at 02:30 AM
RE: Parental Control & Chat Logging - child can override!!?? - by azn angel on 12-07-2006 at 03:19 AM
RE: Parental Control & Chat Logging - child can override!!?? - by Chookers on 12-07-2006 at 04:23 AM
RE: Parental Control & Chat Logging - child can override!!?? - by Adeptus on 12-07-2006 at 05:42 AM
RE: Parental Control & Chat Logging - child can override!!?? - by NiteMare on 12-07-2006 at 06:02 AM
RE: Parental Control & Chat Logging - child can override!!?? - by Andromeda on 12-07-2006 at 02:03 PM
RE: Parental Control & Chat Logging - child can override!!?? - by andrewdodd13 on 12-07-2006 at 04:20 PM
RE: Parental Control & Chat Logging - child can override!!?? - by newbiesecurity on 12-08-2006 at 05:47 AM
RE: Parental Control & Chat Logging - child can override!!?? - by NiteMare on 12-08-2006 at 07:22 AM
RE: Parental Control & Chat Logging - child can override!!?? - by CookieRevised on 12-08-2006 at 02:14 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: