What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Recover datas in CDs.

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Recover datas in CDs.
Author: Message:
Dr4g0n

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Recover datas in CDs.
My dad also had this problem when he got a new computer. He was stuck for a while with it, but I fixed it (H).

But seriously, his problem was Sonic RecordNow too. I suggest you install it and that should solve your problem; it's because of the way that Roxio formats the discs, it makes it unreadable by Windows without the software installed.
12-12-2006 05:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by xJ +
hmm.. what do you mean?
I'm abit noob with these burning compression thingy.
they get compressed with the software's  own system l
quote:
Originally posted by Dr4g0n
it's because of the way that Roxio formats the discs, it makes it unreadable by Windows without the software installed.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
12-12-2006 09:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Recover datas in CDs.
quote:
I'm very certain that they aren't damaged as I haven touch those CDs for more then one and half years; they simply placed in their own CD case, and werer left untouch ever since.
Cheap disks go bad by themselves. They can be fine the day that you burn them, and for that week, but just rot (or warp) over time.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
12-13-2006 04:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
You might want to try IsoPuzzle. It is a free program that is having a lot of success lately. You can read a bit about it here and the official site is here. It may take a long time to get all the data, but it will be worth it.

This version is experimental and supports only data CDs and DVDs with sectorsize of 2048 byte - Audio CD, VCD and SVCD are not supported.

quote:
Originally posted by Dr4g0n
I suggest you install it and that should solve your problem; it's because of the way that Roxio formats the discs, it makes it unreadable by Windows without the software installed.
What evidence do you have to support this?

This post was edited on 12-13-2006 at 09:53 AM by linx05.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
12-13-2006 09:49 AM
xJ +

A$$ple/Buttple xD

117 / Other / Flag
O.P. RE: Recover datas in CDs.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rav0
Burning speed is unrelated to reading speed (unless the burn was too fast to work properly on cheap media, then reading will be very slow or not happening on any device, because the disk is just bad).

Try IsoBuster. It's worked for me a few times. It's not free, but a trial is available. I don't know if the trial is limited.
Thanks rav0, I will try that program. (:
It didn't work unfortunately... Thanks though. (:
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
Try this:  http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/udf/software_updates.html .  Once again, I wouldn't try to install it under Vista; use the computer with XP you mentioned.
Is that an update to an existing driver - udf reader?
It kept giving me error telling me that the drive doesn't have an udf reader. I tried it on both my sister's PC and mine. Have the same error.
quote:
Originally posted by rav0
Cheap disks go bad by themselves. They can be fine the day that you burn them, and for that week, but just rot (or warp) over time.
Erm.. I don't usually buy cheap disks. ;)
quote:
Originally posted by linx05
You might want to try IsoPuzzle. It is a free program that is having a lot of success lately. You can read a bit about it here and the official site is here. It may take a long time to get all the data, but it will be worth it.
I will try using it later and will post an update on it...

EDIT:
I might take a while to update on it due to my 'busy' schedule. Thanks to all whom have help. I appreciate it. (:

This post was edited on 12-14-2006 at 12:18 PM by xJ +.
12-13-2006 04:58 PM
xJ +

A$$ple/Buttple xD

117 / Other / Flag
here's the update.
The program, IsoPuzzle, doesn't work. Not even on Windows XP.. Looks like the CDs don't have any hope... ):
Any other similar programs that you think it will work well? Please say yes.. Otherwise, I would have to leave the CDs in the rubbish bin. :cry:

My apology for double posting... Just to get let people know that there's an update from me... Will delete once there's a reply from someone.. hopefully
12-14-2006 03:16 PM
Adeptus

quote:
Originally posted by xJ+
Is that an update to an existing driver - udf reader?
It kept giving me error telling me that the drive doesn't have an udf reader. I tried it on both my sister's PC and mine. Have the same error.
I was under impression that it was a full installation rather than an update, but have not actually tried it (I don't need/want it on any of my computers).

The UDF reader is a free download, so if the link I gave you isn't the correct file, you should be able to find it somewhere else on the same site.
12-14-2006 04:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
What do you mean by "doesn't work"? Error messages? Does it complete? What?
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
12-15-2006 12:40 AM
xJ +

A$$ple/Buttple xD

117 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
I was under impression that it was a full installation rather than an update, but have not actually tried it (I don't need/want it on any of my computers).

The UDF reader is a free download, so if the link I gave you isn't the correct file, you should be able to find it somewhere else on the same site.
Yeah, I, too, thought it was a full installation till I install it. Thanks for your help anyway. I will search for that online. (:
quote:
Originally posted by linx05
What do you mean by "doesn't work"? Error messages? Does it complete? What?
IsoPuzzle was surveying my CD, it stopped responding half way through it. No error messages were shown whatsoever, it simply stops responding. Tried several times but to no avail.
It didn't complete unfortunately.
12-15-2006 02:32 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: