What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » MSN Messenger Crash Report

MSN Messenger Crash Report
Author: Message:
kirsty_mj

O.P. MSN Messenger Crash Report
[size=2]Hi,

I was wondering whether someone could tell me how to run a Messenger crash report for the PC.

I was looking on some forums last night and it was for a Mac PC and not a Windows one.

Thanks

Kirsty
[/size]
12-12-2006 09:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN Messenger Crash Report
If you have error reporting enabled (default) in Windows, when Messenger (or any other program) crashes (and Windows detects the fault), Windows will create an error report and offer to send it to Microsoft.

Example (for Internet Explorer):
[Image: error-report.jpg]

This post was edited on 12-13-2006 at 04:43 AM by rav0.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
12-12-2006 10:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
kirsty_mj

O.P. RE: MSN Messenger Crash Report
It doesnt come up with that dialog box though, it just shuts down and then you have to restart it again
12-12-2006 02:14 PM
kirsty_mj

O.P. RE: MSN Messenger Crash Report
Basically, this is the update on what has happened since last week

Originally

The manager of the group I am in has been having a bit of difficulty with MSN Live Messenger and and Phreik chat. The Phreik guides were unable to assist on this one too but I thought I'd ask in here incase anyone else has been going through the same problems.

Basically her MSN keeps crashing and she is unable to get into our chatroom (hosted on Phreik) until 10pm at night (UK Time), odd I know. This is becoming slightly annoying as by the time she gets in others are leaving the chatroom as they have to be up the next morning.

She can access other websites but she has to wait till 10pm before she can come and join us and until her MSN stops crashing.
She has uninstalled and reinstalled the chat command thing and that has done no different. Has anyone else gone through this or know whats wrong?

This is what we have done to try and sort the problem out for ourselves

So far we have spoke to Phreik who have helped us all they can but to no avail, she has bought a new pc, yet that didnt help matters, we have emailed MSN but all we got was an automated response and she has contatcted her ISP who said it is an MSN problem, yet there is no dialog box that appears when she crashes to send an Error Report to Microsoft. We have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and replacing the chat command to those which Phreik have told us to and the same thing just keeps on happening.

We are just really stuck now:(
12-12-2006 02:30 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: