What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Homosexuality

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
Poll: Which do you believe to be true?
It is a persons choice to be gay
A person is born gay
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Homosexuality
Author: Message:
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
RE: Homosexuality
:/ it's hard to put across sarcasm on the net. For everyone now on in, my post was just sarcasm at Dazmatic.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
12-14-2006 08:33 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Lilium

Oh Castitatis Lilium

– / Female / –
I do not feel it is possible to choose your orientation. In my personal opinion, the concept is ridiculous -- ludicrous, even. How can people choose the fact that they are attracted to a certain gender (or both, but that isn't the point)?

People do not have a say toward the people they might fall in love with, nor their orientation; it's the same thing. Your orientation is something you are born with. It is impossible to decide that you would like to be interested in and fall in love with others of the same gender... Love isn't something you decide on, it is something that decides for itself.
12-14-2006 10:36 AM
speedy_kevin

SpeedyMSN creator

Why would anyone choose to be gay? To be bashed at, laughed at, getting beaten up by low life figures?

It's not a choose! You are gay or you are not! You can't become one if you want, or otherwise.
12-16-2006 06:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by speedy_kevin
Why would anyone choose to be gay?

Because they think they like guys more then girls and are willing to accept the downside of it.

Same logic applys for guys that wear girls jeans or make-up, people that don't follow trends, and people that cut themselves. They know they are going to be ridiculed for it, but its what they want to do.

Once again, it has nothing to do with our genes slowly being manipulated so that reproduction isnt possible. It has to do with the fact that people are thinking too hard about what they are feeling.

This post was edited on 12-16-2006 at 10:38 PM by dotNorma.
12-16-2006 10:36 PM
Revrant

Never found a home

37 / Male / –
This is an interesting topic to pop up in General Chit Chat.

Well speaking from the other side of the pool, namely, bisexuality, I can say it isn't a choice, and I should say I don't take offense to people claiming it to be a choice, however, when they compare it to something as lowly as trend setting and cutting of the arms, I do take offense, much of it. I didn't expect to see something so outright ignorant like that outside of, oh, the Ukraine. Sheesh? I'm going to go with Sheesh, Tom.

I think it's largely shaped by a person's experiences, and I don't think it can be changed, I think people can lie to themselves long enough for the dream of normality, but eventually they come around, which is the case with older men who have been married for possibly decades suddenly "turning" gay, in my opinion.

I feel that people are "Gay" to a certain extent, I don't mean being attracted to the same sex of course, I mean something along the lines of finding features about the same sex themselves attractive, to even somewhat appealing in a non-sexual way. Though I also believe some people are indeed bound to be "gay" from birth, I know of a few people who fall into that category, and have shown near-stereotypical signs of it from a very young age.

I suppose, for most anyhow, it depends largely on their environment and family, their upbringing, but I disagree that this is the only source of homosexuality.
Go tell that long tongue liar
Go and tell that midnight rider
Tell the rambler,
The gambler,
The back biter,
Tell 'em that God's gonna cut you down
12-17-2006 08:32 AM
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
Nah you can be gay and just not know it till later on in life.
(Corrected quote to what I assume you meant)

Cheers

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

If nobody* knows you're gay, then you're probably not gay. O_o

Not nessarily. you can be gay and not relise it.

quote:
Originally posted by .Norma
quote:
Originally posted by speedy_kevin
Why would anyone choose to be gay?

Because they think they like guys more then girls and are willing to accept the downside of it.

I dont believe that for a second. It's not like people woke up day and decided to be gay, some people rack brains out over it, hate themselves for feeling like that, wish they could take it all back, keep the secrets from their family and friends incase they're not excepted. so dont sit their and tell them "well its your choice."

Love aint piss-simple, "I choose you" bollocks. You cant help who you like.

[offtopic] ive just relised, alot of Msg Plus forums is homophobic / conservative [/offtopic]

This post was edited on 12-17-2006 at 10:46 AM by MC Inferno.
12-17-2006 10:40 AM
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
First, I think we have to define 'gay'. Is it a person who has a sexual relationship with the same sex or a person who is interested in girly things.

You are surely not born to be gay who has a sexual relationship with the same sex, you evolve into having an interest towards the same sex over time.  You are born though, as a person who likes girly things.

I don't know if you understood what I just said now. This is just a summary of my thought about this subject. I felt I needed not to even talk about this thoroughly as it doesn't even need discussion as there is nothing wrong with being gay. If a person feel comfortable being this then why the hell not? Why do psychologists even need to investigate this matter. I think that is just not needed at all.
You're still breathing? Why?
Get off the cross, the wood is needed.
[Image: userbar.jpg]

12-17-2006 11:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Revrant
Well speaking from the other side of the pool, namely, bisexuality, I can say it isn't a choice, and I should say I don't take offense to people claiming it to be a choice, however, when they compare it to something as lowly as trend setting and cutting of the arms, I do take offense, much of it. I didn't expect to see something so outright ignorant like that outside of, oh, the Ukraine. Sheesh? I'm going to go with Sheesh, Tom.

Yah, I'm not gonna lie it was a pretty bad example and I'll apologies for that one. Its kinda hard to explain my view so that it gets the point accross.

I think Ill just stick with my previous quote from Death Cab for Cutie, "You shouldn't think too hard about what you're feeling", to represent my view. Over analysis and homosexuality are very closely related, in my opinion.

This post was edited on 12-17-2006 at 11:31 PM by dotNorma.
12-17-2006 11:30 PM
Revrant

Never found a home

37 / Male / –
So you're sticking by the basis of that rude and ignorant example? Good move. Alright, no grievances there, one has the right to believe it's something like "over analyzing" one's "feelings", akin to cutting of the wrists and defying trendiness, I'm sure that's the basis of it, "choosing", by golly I wouldn't be surprised if you "chose" your defects from birth or if you "chose" your parents.

It's all a matter of will.

Moving on

Sik: That's definitely the most interesting theory I've seen so far, people are referring to homosexuality, and well, to be fair, one develops an interest in the opposite sex over time too, leading us to the middle ground, human asexuality.
Go tell that long tongue liar
Go and tell that midnight rider
Tell the rambler,
The gambler,
The back biter,
Tell 'em that God's gonna cut you down
12-17-2006 11:40 PM
Fuse

Wax on..Wax off

32 / Male / –
It is a persons choice to be gay
A person is born gay

what f it is neither?

what if it's their enviroment, say they were sexually abused as a child making them gay .. it's not their choice and they werent born with it.

:o
Two fish in a tank. One turns to the other and says "Do you know how to drive this thing?"
12-18-2006 04:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: