What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Homosexuality

Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
Poll: Which do you believe to be true?
It is a persons choice to be gay
A person is born gay
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Homosexuality
Author: Message:
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
RE: Homosexuality
* WDZ thinks M73A should add a new "It's their environment/upbringing" option to the poll... :p
12-18-2006 04:20 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
* WDZ thinks M73A should add a new "It's their environment/upbringing" option to the poll... :p
* Weyzza votes that option.
Registered 7639 days, 2 hours, 33 minutes, 45 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

12-18-2006 04:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Fuse

Wax on..Wax off

32 / Male / –
RE: RE: Homosexuality
quote:
Originally posted by Weyzza
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
* Weyzza votes that option.

they all come running back :p

EDIT:
woops, alot of other people have been saying things along the lines of me, so:

they all coming running back to alot of people :P?

but i think people should do what they want with their lives..
it's not for us to judge, especally in this section.

This post was edited on 12-18-2006 at 06:15 PM by Fuse.
Two fish in a tank. One turns to the other and says "Do you know how to drive this thing?"
12-18-2006 04:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Revrant

Never found a home

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

Seconded. =O
Go tell that long tongue liar
Go and tell that midnight rider
Tell the rambler,
The gambler,
The back biter,
Tell 'em that God's gonna cut you down
12-18-2006 11:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
I don't think you're born gay, nor is it a result of how you are raised. It's a matter of what your hormones are like, if you're attracted to the same sex, you are, if you arn't you arnt. If you're attracted to both, you're attracted to both.

I won't even get into if we "choose" to be gay. That's like asking do African American's "choose" to be black.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
12-19-2006 06:16 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

I agree with wdz, you can't be born gay, it just doesn't make any sense. When you're born you have that innocence and you're unaware of anything sexual, including your preferences toward men or women. My sister is gay, and she slowly turned gay after liking men less and less.

I don't think you're gay straight away, you become aware that you're gay once you experiment with people etc. It's all dependant on who you grew up with, I'm sure that if you grew up in an entirely gay community (somehow?) that you'd be inclined to be gay, or be completely not gay, just not homophobic at all.

If you're surrounded by gay people, would you really want to conform or find out what's going on in the outside world? Not sure, but you know.

I don't want to act like an expert on this though, being gay is a life choice it's not something you're born with, the only thing you're born with are different schemas, such as the "sucking reflex" which is for babies who need feeding etc.
12-19-2006 10:15 AM
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I agree with wdz, you can't be born gay, it just doesn't make any sense. When you're born you have that innocence and you're unaware of anything sexual, including your preferences toward men or women.

I disagree, I read an article that said the more older brothers a boy has, the more likely he is to be gay.  They suggested that this was because the mother's woman became more adpet at fighting off the testosterone for male development, so if the child became a boy he would exhibit more feminine tendencies than might be expected.
12-19-2006 11:35 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
I disagree, I read an article that said the more older brothers a boy has, the more likely he is to be gay.  They suggested that this was because the mother's woman became more adpet at fighting off the testosterone for male development, so if the child became a boy he would exhibit more feminine tendencies than might be expected.

Can you direct me to this article please?
12-19-2006 11:53 AM
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
quote:
quote:

Can you direct me to this article please?

Sure, couple months ago I read it, but managed to dig some stuff up.  The original I read was on Digg but it looks like the yahoo news page has gone, but here's an article about the same study from the Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/n.../06/26/ixnews.html
12-19-2006 12:13 PM
Fuse

Wax on..Wax off

32 / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: Homosexuality
quote:
quote:

i wouldnt take stuff like that litteral, i'm pretty sure scienetist can proove anything theese days with research over a large scale such as people who like nuts [food :p] are more likely to be gay etc.
Two fish in a tank. One turns to the other and says "Do you know how to drive this thing?"
12-19-2006 04:32 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: