What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed]

Pages: (20): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed]
Author: Message:
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. Shocked  * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed]
Wow i've had a big day! HSC results back and then i've been madly finishing this script all day for the deadline and its finally done!

Name: Stat Center (Statistics Center)

Version: 1.5.0 BETA (Released 27/05/2007 GMT+11)

Description: Stat Center essentially monitors and logs all your and your contacts activities on Windows Live Messenger. These statistics are saved to XML files split daily to ensure that performance and the user experience will not degrade over time through use. There are currently 4 categories of statistics that Stat Center will record - with the potential for much more in the future (feel free to suggest features :)).

Changes in v1.5.0 BETA:

Improved:
- MAJOR: Statistics files are now saved using the registry! This means no slow waiting times to view your contact's statistics and also means no noticable degredation in performance when normally using messenger! Essentially all past performance issues are solved.

Fixed:
-The version error message window title now matches the colour of messenger.
- Yahoo contacts are properly parsed when they are the 'other contacts' in a group conversation if a WLM account of the same email present exists.

Limitations:
- Statistics from past versions of Stat Center (non 1.5.x branch) will not be 'visible' in this beta version of 1.5.0. The statistics will not be deleted, they are just not processed in this temporary beta version.

----------------------

Download & Support: This Beta version is currently not supported in the MsgPlus Live Scripting Database. Please download it from the link at the bottom of this post.

----------------------

Here is a short description of each window which you can also see in each screenshot:

General Statistics: This is the default window that is shown when viewing contact statistics. It shows current information about the user and also provides basic statistics about their usage habits - such as time online, total signins and their status habits.
[Image: General.PNG]

Conversation Statistics: This category provides detailed information on data that your contacts have sent to you and data you have sent to them. When you're viewing your own statistics this area will show the total amounts of data send and received from all contacts, otherwise per-contact statistics will be shown.
[Image: Conversation.PNG]

Actions Statistics: This category provides information about actions that you and your contacts have taken regarding Display Names, Personal Messages and Media events. It records the total changes for each item and also the names of changed items. (Note: This screenshot is from when i was testing, hence this is why it says that i've played 21 songs and only a few are logged)
[Image: Actions.PNG]

Other Statistics: This category groups statistics that weren't large enough to be placed in their own individual window. When you're viewing your statistics privacy, personalized status and messenger lock statistics are shown. Otherwise just privacy information is shown.
[Image: Other.PNG]

Usage: Stat Center can be opened by clicking the Plus! icon in both the conversation and contact list window. You can directly go to your contact's statistics through the conversation window. Also the command "/showstats" can be used if you prefer to use the keyboard.

----------------------

Download & Support: This Beta version is currently not supported in the MsgPlus Live Scripting Database. Please download it from the link at the bottom of this post.

----------------------

*NOTE* Although i am nearly 100% certain there are no serious bugs or issues in this build to prevent anyone from using it, i cannot vouch for the performance and effect of this version on your computer.

.plsc File Attachment: StatCenter 1.5.0 BETA.plsc (90.66 KB)
This file has been downloaded 1741 time(s).

This post was edited on 05-26-2007 at 03:28 PM by Chestah.
Segosa is newb.
12-21-2006 01:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
DarkMe

Thx ins4ne for my av :p

31 / Male / –
RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system
Good script (y)
its works very well
it wont be a bad option when right clicking over in the contact list to open the script with the selected contact :rolleyes:
[Image: darkme.png]
12-21-2006 01:22 AM
foaly

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
Wow i've had a big day! HSC results back and then i've been madly finishing this script all day for the deadline and its finally done!
aren't you a day too late?

anyway I don't really get the blocks info...
shouldn't that show if the contact was blocked?
and not a random other contact?

and you might want to remove the emailaddresses from those pictures...

but apart from that... nice script :)

edit:
my other page doesn't show the things it should...
[Image: 2ntwqwx.jpg]

This post was edited on 12-21-2006 at 01:34 AM by foaly.
12-21-2006 01:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by foaly
time zone?
oooo nice script :D
edit:
btw, contacts should be able to see their stats with !stats or something :P
their stats will be sent in the convo after !stats is writeen

This post was edited on 12-21-2006 at 01:31 AM by Voldemort.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
12-21-2006 01:28 AM
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
RE: RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah

Presumably he submitted it in time, and waited for it to be added to the script db before posting it here.

Very nice script btw, I like it. :)
12-21-2006 01:28 AM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Wow, this is really good, :cheesy:!
12-21-2006 01:32 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
* MicroWay downloaded and is seing the script... Nice Work (Y) Thanks...

I think it's a bug: When I go to "Other" with my e-mail, it appears the boxes, when I change, it change too (that's normal)... but the problem is when I get back to my e-mail... it still don't change back... (sorry for my super-explanation)
Another is that my e-mail is not being "read" and the "simple info" (as Nick, PSM, DP) don't appear...
Sugestion... Maybe add the count of nudges sent/recieved too
;)

Edit: Using WLM 8.0....812 and Plus! 4.11

This post was edited on 12-21-2006 at 01:40 AM by MicroWay.
12-21-2006 01:32 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system
Thankyou everyone :D! I'm glad you all like it!! Keep the feature suggestions rolling! This is only a first version so theres alot still to come and functionality missing!! If you find a bug please send me an email to the address shown in the screenshots! Cheers :)

quote:
Originally posted by DarkMe
it wont be a bad option when right clicking over in the contact list to open the script with the selected contact 

Thankyou :)! Thats a very good idea, however its currently not possible with Plus!'s API. However, its a good suggestion to give to patchou for a future version.

quote:
edit:
my other page doesn't show the things it should...

That's how it's meant to be displayed when you are looking at another contact. It only shows the way it does in my screenshot when you are looking at your own statistics.

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
time zone?
oooo nice script
edit:
btw, contacts should be able to see their stats with !stats or something
their stats will be sent in the convo after !stats is writeen

Yep, the joy and confusion of time zones!! I thought initially this was due in 4 days ago, but thankfully Menthix cleared it up for me :P. Thanks for the feature suggestion!! Its a good idea :), i could even maybe create a way for multiple Stat Centers to communicate and share data... but that might be a bit too complex for now.

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
Presumably he submitted it in time, and waited for it to be added to the script db before posting it here.

Yep :P, plus i think i was coding for at least 12 hours in a row to get this as bug free as possible for release - i needed sleep!!

quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
I think it's a bug: When I go to "Other" with my e-mail, it appears the boxes, when I change, it change too (that's normal)... but the problem is when I get back to my e-mail... it still don't change back... (sorry for my super-explanation)
Another is that my e-mail is not being "read" and the "simple info" (as Nick, PSM, DP) don't appear...
Sugestion... Maybe add the count of nudges sent/recieved too

I think i understand what you are getting at! The only two windows that are different depending on emails are conversation and other so there could be a weird issue with the saving of your actual statistics. Try restarting WLM and see if that works. I do know that to get the most up to information for yourself you will need to close and reopen the stats window whereas other contacts you just need to click their email again in the drop down list - its done like this for performance reasons.

Yeah, nudges are a good idea - the only problem is that the Plus! API doesn't currently support them! But as soon as Patchou adds them i will too :).

Thanks for the feedback, enjoy :)
Segosa is newb.
12-21-2006 02:21 AM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
Neat script there.

However I have noticed on my computer anyway...it's not making use of received stats for a contact regardless of who it is (And yes I did have a conversation with them).

here is a screenshot to prove it:
[Image: Stats%20Center%20(338%20x%20253).jpg]

This happens on all of might accounts that use it.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
12-21-2006 07:18 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Release] Stat Center - GUI per-contact statistics system
quote:
Originally posted by Jexel
This is a bit offtopic but how did you go in your HSC Chestah? I managed to get 97.95, and got 93 for SDD though my programming skills are still at basic levels.

Kudos on the script and I've always expected something like this :)

However, don't you think it'll be rather messy when a new file is created for each contact for each day? Perhaps on a weekly basis might be better.

Wow congradulations Jexel!!! I got 97.70 UAI and 94/100 in software :) - i was amazed to get such a high UAI!!! haha you only just beat me ;).

Yeah it might be messy saving a file each day however trust me its worth it. I did alot of testing regarding methods of saving data and anything over a day starts to have noticable effects of the performance of Messenger. I wanted to save every contact in one file and use a little more RAM however that method caused about 6 seconds of lag on signin and signout only after a day of activity.

I was considering just using C# to multithread everything to get the best of both worlds however then the .Net framework would be a prerequisite and i didn't think Patchou would consider any scripts that needed it.

Congradulations again on the HSC - now its time to party :)
Segosa is newb.
12-21-2006 10:00 AM
Pages: (20): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: