What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » help meh!! (can't see DPs or emoticons)

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
help meh!! (can't see DPs or emoticons)
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: help meh!! (can't see DPs or emoticons)
[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
Originally posted by atheeta
how do i know if my computer is in safe mode?
See "CookieRevised's reply to Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Safe mode is the diagnostic mode of Windows. When you start the computer in Safe mode, only the specific components that are needed to run the operating system are loaded.

If you are running in safe mode you will see the words "Safe Mode" in all the corners of your desktop, only then you are certain you're running in safe mode.

--------------

quote:
Originally posted by Snaal Sevool Snr.
This may or may not help anyone, but:

Some computers (such as the IBM ThinkCenter+o() do not allow you to boot in safe mode. This varies with the type of computer it is (like a prebuilt Dell, HP, IBM etc) and also with software. Usually only computers prebuilt for school use have this safe mode option removed.
The only thing it might depend on, in theory, is OS version, but certainly not the computer...

And AFAIK you can always boot in safe mode in Windows, you can not remove that. It might be possible that the boot sequence goes so fast you don't have the time to press F5, F8 or the CTRL key or whatever other function key to select alternative boot methods, but that has little to do with all this.

Also note: to access safe mode, you have more possebilities than just pressing F8, eg: you can instruct windows to boot up in safe mode next time it starts up too. And it also depends on OS. See "CookieRevised's reply to Help!".

[/OFF TOPIC]

This post was edited on 12-27-2006 at 04:56 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-27-2006 04:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: help meh!! (can't see DPs or emoticons)
[offtopic]
[rant]
quote:
Originally posted by Snaal Sevool Snr.
This may or may not help anyone, but:

Some computers (such as the IBM ThinkCenter+o() do not allow you to boot in safe mode. This varies with the type of computer it is (like a prebuilt Dell, HP, IBM etc) and also with software. Usually only computers prebuilt for school use have this safe mode option removed.

I'm not sure what planet you are on but that is definitely incorrect, we are running IBM's and Optima's and both can boot in safe mode without a problem but as CookieRevised has said it can vary in what key is pressed but you will always be allowed to boot in safe mode. What you are thinking is the various ways to get into BIOS as the IBM's we have use ENTER and the Optima's use the standard DEL key to get into BIOS. Another Example is my Toshiba Laptop which uses F2 then F1 to get into BIOS.

No matter what you do Safe Mode is always there as it is considered another avenue to check certain things, remove things, etc, etc. And especially considering when removing a virus, in a school/corporate environment you are expected to remove it in Safe mode, and if I'm not mistaken Most viruses with out a tool, you are expected to go into safe mode to remove it anyway.

So really Safe Mode will always be there, and if it isn't then I suggest making sure you can get Safe mode back on and checking your version of windows isn't a dodgy modified version.

[/offtopic]
[/rant]

This post was edited on 12-27-2006 at 09:50 AM by MattyRid.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
12-27-2006 06:32 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cearahxheart

yah i cant see ANY emoticons.. HOW can i fix this????
i've tried uninstalling msn live.. and i checked off that you can see the emoticons on the settings.
12-29-2006 05:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Zahid™

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by cearahxheart
yah i cant see ANY emoticons.. HOW can i fix this????
i've tried uninstalling msn live.. and i checked off that you can see the emoticons on the settings.
Do you have Zone Alarm?  If you do read this fix:
http://www.messenger.mattchan.co.uk/index.php?opt...iew&id=13&Itemid=2
[Image: Zahid.png]
12-29-2006 07:21 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
cearahxheart

no, i dont have zone alarmm.
12-30-2006 10:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: