What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Prevent people stealing your emoticons

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Prevent people stealing your emoticons
Author: Message:
kvnhmmd

35 / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Prevent people stealing your emoticons
I know with Messenger Discovery Live you can choose the option to prevent people from adding your emoticons, but i dont really want to install that, so im wondering if there is another way somehow, using messenger plus.
[Image: userbar687312to.gif]
01-14-2007 08:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Prevent people stealing your emoticons
quote:
Originally posted by kvnhmmd
I know with Messenger Discovery Live you can choose the option to prevent people from adding your emoticons, but i dont really want to install that, so im wondering if there is another way somehow, using messenger plus.
The only way to do it is with Discovery Live, sorry
01-14-2007 08:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
EBFL

;o

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Search Before Posting.
Is it possible...

This post was edited on 01-14-2007 at 11:34 AM by EBFL.
I'm awesome

01-14-2007 11:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
kvnhmmd

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Prevent people stealing your emoticons
I dont know how messenger discovery does it, but what that post you gave the link to says, is that its not possible at all. It is, possible, im just wondering if it is possible with scripts, especially when people make those fancy .dll scripts
01-14-2007 11:41 AM
EBFL

;o

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
I dont know how messenger discovery does it, but what that post you gave the link to says, is that its not possible at all. It is, possible, im just wondering if it is possible with scripts, especially when people make those fancy .dll scripts
it is not possible with scripts.

This post was edited on 01-14-2007 at 11:44 AM by EBFL.
I'm awesome

01-14-2007 11:44 AM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
Also even if you protect them, they can easily be fetched from MessengerCache folder(%temp%\MessengerCache).
01-14-2007 12:20 PM
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by EnglandBoyForLife.
quote:
it is not possible with scripts.
quote:
Originally posted by Felu
Also even if you protect them, they can easily be fetched from MessengerCache folder(%temp%\MessengerCache).

Hence you can't use scripts to do it [Image: msn_wink.gif] (EDIT: furthermore it isn't too difficult to make a script to get all the emoticons used by your contacts)

Anyway, I think StuffPlug's CE/DP stealer should also steal the emoticons for you if you wanted.  Visit StuffPlug's homepage formore information and to download.

In summary, there are many easy ways around any method trying to prevent the stealing of emoticons I'm sorry to say.

This post was edited on 01-14-2007 at 12:46 PM by markee.
[Image: markee.png]
01-14-2007 12:23 PM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
Originally posted by EnglandBoyForLife.
quote:
it is not [Image: msn_wink.gif]possible with scripts.
quote:

Hence you can use scripts to do it

Anyway, I think StuffPlug's CE/DP stealer should do it for you if you wanted.  Visit StuffPlug's homepage formore information and to download.
Oops you got it wrong [Image: msn_tongue.gif]. We don't want to steal emoticons but rather protect them.

Also here in another thread on the same topic with rather more info Protect emotes?. And you can't say its impossible to add a feature like MDL's with a script. Its just difficult.

This post was edited on 01-14-2007 at 12:30 PM by Felu.
01-14-2007 12:28 PM
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:

Oops you got it wrong . We don't want to steal emoticons but rather protect them.
Also here in another thread on the same topic with rather more info Protect emotes?.
Well I was just proving further that there is no way of protecting them and that it is very easy to do (and also to make something automated to do it for you as well).

This post was edited on 01-14-2007 at 12:37 PM by markee.
[Image: markee.png]
01-14-2007 12:31 PM
kvnhmmd

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Prevent people stealing your emoticons
actually, i recently formated my hard drive, and i used the "Concon" program to restore my emoticons and such, and somehow, people cannot add my emoticons now. There is just a grayed out option that says "Get this emoticon" So im thinking that concon adds your emoticons to your account making messenger think that you bought them, so they cannot be shared.
01-15-2007 03:29 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: