What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Xbox 360 Hard Drive

Xbox 360 Hard Drive
Author: Message:
Ptoye

31 / Male / –
O.P. Xbox 360 Hard Drive
Well here's the deal,

Today in Business Studies i Won a Xbox 360 Core from Microsoft ( long story why :P)

So i had a look on the Game website, i was reading about the Hard Drive. Suposidly it's a 20GB one, but it also say's that its removable. so does this mean i could use this drive to store anything off my laptop, like music..videos..pictures...word docs. ...spreadsheets...CAD's....ect.....? so would i be able to use it as a normal drive that i could take to school and stuff for my grapical drawings?
Also i was reading about thats its wireless ready..but your able to buy a wireless network kit for it :S so is it wireless out of the box or do you need the adapter?

Thanks!

Pete. Toye
www.mediaonthemove.net

01-22-2007 06:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
plus
Banned

RE: Xbox 360 Hard Drive
Dose it say what kind of  hdd it is?
01-22-2007 06:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
I thought the Core pack didn't come with a HDD?

But i would of thought it was possible, you might have to format it first though..
[Image: jumbled.png]
01-22-2007 06:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ptoye

31 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Xbox 360 Hard Drive
yeh i'me completly confuzed to weather it comes with a HDD or not :s it only says 20GB hard drive and slot. so i am not sure what type sorry
www.mediaonthemove.net

01-22-2007 07:21 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Ptoye
yeh i'me completly confuzed to weather it comes with a HDD or not :s it only says 20GB hard drive and slot. so i am not sure what type sorry

The core system only has the system with a wired controller, nothing else (it also doesn't have the chrome finish on the disk tray, which is fit, but yeah!), you'll need something as storage otherwise you won't be able to play any games, the hdd fits onto the top of the console and is removable, it's worth buying the 20gb one.

You can get third party hardware which allows the hard drive to be plugged into a computer, but there is no point really, the xbox acts as a media centre anyway really and files can be put on it using a usb flash drive.

quote:
Originally posted by Ptoye

http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11275&mid=327028 That is what you need.

Or you could buy one of the crappy memory card type things, but they're rubbish so I wouldn't.

This post was edited on 01-22-2007 at 07:29 PM by user27089.
01-22-2007 07:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Joe

35 / Other / Flag
[Image: xbox360_4.jpg]
That's what the hard drive looks like.
It just clamps onto the xbox, doesn't have USB or anything of that sort. Although I have seen some transfer kits for you to maybe store infromation on either laptop or hard drive from whichever you want.
[Image: holidayssigei2.jpg]
01-22-2007 08:42 PM
Ptoye

31 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Xbox 360 Hard Drive
o ok well i gueuss its free so i cant complain! but thanks guys... i geuss i will just have to buy the hard drive lol! soz 4 the bad spelin if there is any lol ime just tryin out that web and walk thing so on my phone!                       thanks again!          pete toye
www.mediaonthemove.net

01-22-2007 09:45 PM
death_driver

http://www.xbox-scene.com

everything you need to learn about the 360 and what you can do with it
01-23-2007 11:36 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version