What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Treat the forum like a real community

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
Treat the forum like a real community
Author: Message:
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: Treat the forum like a real community
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
its those kinds of comments that ruin this forum, why would you bring that up. that was over a month ago. it serves no purpose but to try to make me angry, and THAT is exactly what we're talking about.
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
A difference of opinion is not a wrong opinion.

We differ in opinion. Different opinions, as you nicely pointed out, are not wrong, and are to be respected, nightmare.

quote:
Originally posted by markee
I personally have realised my mistakes when people have said something and then I didn't do it again and in turn I haven't received any negative rep for it (furthermore, I haven't even received a neutral, but thats not the point).
Just wanted to point out that reps are just opinions.... anyone can give me a neg because we disagree...(as its already done :P)....

quote:
Originally posted by markee
People need to learn from their mistakes, not just keep on do it until they are forcefully dealt with.
Exactly.
What some people forget is that the guy who triggered these refused to listen to most regulars and admins (WDZ), you do know that patience has an end....

btw, my posts are:
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.

This post was edited on 01-23-2007 at 04:38 AM by Voldemort.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
01-23-2007 04:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Treat the forum like a real community
quote:
Originally posted by FineWolf
Just a comment on mass negging here. If I neg, it is usually because the user deserved it, and I do provide proof in my descriptions (PIDs or TIDs). I do not look at a user's previous reputation before negging. Same applies for my positive responses. I either give proof or a general comment about the user which applies to the majority of his posts.
(y)

But with the thread/post IDs, it's important to remember that posts can always* be deleted or edited to get rid of the evidence, which could render your vote reason useless.

* Unless the thread is closed.
01-23-2007 04:41 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
FineWolf

Space Artist

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Treat the forum like a real community
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
(y)

But with the thread/post IDs, it's important to remember that posts can always* be deleted or edited to get rid of the evidence, which could render your vote reason useless.

* Unless the thread is closed.

Yes... but who closes or deletes the threads... ;) The important part of the reputation system is to help the admins and moderators identify problematic users. This is why I rep, and I report (as you might of noticed) alot of users and posts.

This post was edited on 01-23-2007 at 05:08 AM by FineWolf.
[Image: spacesigkj4.png]
01-23-2007 04:55 AM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
YAY for Nick!

Looking back at my PMs, he did really change a lot. A lot of noobs go for the post count at the beginning, then once they realize, they stop. That was why he did stop spamming (with the help of others), and became a 'normal' regular.

Now, he's getting along with pretty much everyone, and his rep soaring, while mine is stuck around +17...he also made lotsa friends too!

I would just say that if we dont spaz each time a new-comer spams, the spam will eventually decrease themselves, as the way people think tend to change.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6557 days, 11 hours, 14 minutes, 44 seconds ago.

01-23-2007 12:08 PM
plus
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by atown44
I'm pretty much tired of everyone being so angry on here.

Every time someone posts something they don't care about, there's always a flock of people right there to spit in their face.

The Flamer attitude that people have causes anger to the Flamee.

The Flamee retaliates to some extent, be it big or small, in more anger.

Flamers, with big enough post counts, use their privilege of giving reputations to degrade the Flamee to the extent that he is even more angry.

The attitudes of many forum members, make that community members are too much.

This may just be my opinion. If so, I need to find somewhere else to visit.

Is this just my opinion?

(You'll probably see a couple posts that resemble the ones of which I'm speaking)

now you know how i feel
01-23-2007 04:36 PM
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
Yeah, i completely understand what is being said here, and i admit i am one of the (apparent) 98% forum members who neg rep a newbie. after reading this thread, i have indeedly decided to delete my rep from .2007's (and others) reputation to try and make it easier for him/her/them to repair. However, i am against people doing rep-backs (Pos. and neg.)
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
01-23-2007 06:33 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
Now about the n00bs..!!1! If someone is pissing you off send them a PM. Look at Ebfl. He was the most annoying little bastard ever. I sent him a PM asking him to settle down a bit and try fit in a bit more and now he has more rep than me. It only took me what.. 1 minute to change a n00b spammer
You do consider sometimes people refuse to listen, and that it does not work sometimes?
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
01-23-2007 10:27 PM
Joe

35 / Other / Flag
O.P. RE: Treat the forum like a real community
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
Now about the n00bs..!!1! If someone is pissing you off send them a PM. Look at Ebfl. He was the most annoying little bastard ever. I sent him a PM asking him to settle down a bit and try fit in a bit more and now he has more rep than me. It only took me what.. 1 minute to change a n00b spammer
You do consider sometimes people refuse to listen, and that it does not work sometimes?
Sometimes.
[Image: holidayssigei2.jpg]
01-23-2007 11:20 PM
foaly

38 / Male / Flag
I thought the rep system was there to show people that you think they are a positive or negative addition to the forum...
Everyone was a newb once... true but not everyone had a negative rep when they just joined...
And when people get mass neg reps then (most off the time) they deserve it...
By making this kind off threads you change someone's opinion about someone else...
ebfl (for example) should change his rep for .2007 and others because he thinks they changed, not because off this thread...

This post was edited on 01-24-2007 at 12:13 AM by foaly.
01-24-2007 12:12 AM
Joe

35 / Other / Flag
O.P. RE: Treat the forum like a real community
The rep. system only shows necessity in that It would show someone whether or not to trust the poster. What else does it do for the forum? Remind you that you hated that guy?

I'm not saying the rep. system needs to be removed, or even changed,  there just needs to be a better usage of the necessity.

There are arguments about whether the new people don't follow the rules correctly, or whether or not they should be given leeway because they are new, saying they should read the rules.

News Flash:
quote:
Originally posted by msghelp.net/rules.html
Respect: Members should respect others, and avoid making derogatory comments or giving rude treatment ("flaming"). Also respect the privacy of others, and don't share their personal information without permission.

There is also the Swearing rule, which states not to use such words toward another member. I've seen a few people disregarding this, including myself.
[Image: holidayssigei2.jpg]
01-24-2007 12:41 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: