What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117)

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
[Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117)
Author: Message:
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Beta Update 1.1.113)
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by deAd
The chart you posted shows that less than half of the Office 2007 packages have this software and its hotkey enabled, so it shouldn't be a big problem (Smilie)
You read the chart wrong I'm afraid....

It is not because there are only 3 dots on a horizontal line for OneNote, that less than half the people are going to suffer from this.

The first dot especially shows that many people are going to suffer from it, since it stands for one of the most common packages of Office2007. The further you go to the right the rarer the packages become since students and other normal users wouldn't be able to afford such high end pro packages, they would have mostly the student and standard versions.

;)

I realized that, but still, as long as they're disabled by default and the shortcuts are customizable, it should be fine ;)
02-19-2007 10:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Beta Update 1.1.113)
quote:
I was thinking of doing that (and actually the text is stored when you edit it now, I changed that for its initial release) but it still shows special characters everywhere when it wraps.
Erm so when you're storing the text. You can get the text and use SetControlText when needed while editing ;). Get me?
02-20-2007 10:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Beta Update 1.1.113)
quote:
Originally posted by Felu
quote:
I was thinking of doing that (and actually the text is stored when you edit it now, I changed that for its initial release) but it still shows special characters everywhere when it wraps.
Erm so when you're storing the text. You can get the text and use SetControlText when needed while editing ;). Get me?

Yes, and that works fine. In fact, I believe (but honestly I'm not sure since I haven't made changes to the editing mechanism for a while) that it does that currently. The major problem is that when you resize the Stickynotes, special characters appear in the text box as it wraps. This doesn't happen with the standard static controls (except for with line breaks).
02-20-2007 09:44 PM
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Beta Update 1.1.113)
Stickynotes has been updated again, you can get it from the first post in this thread :).
02-23-2007 11:57 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
URGENT (was: RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117))
Stickynotes update notes:

When the user gets a "new update available" window, the release notes are a bit strange:
This version of Stickynotes is even more bugfixes and changes for the final Plus! release.
change to:
This version of Stickynotes is even more bugfixed and changed for the new Plus! release.

("final" to "new" cause there is no such thing as a 'final' version though; a new release will always be 'final' until the next release ;))

More urgent to fix:

Eventhough the user has cancelled the update, a popup may appear from Stickynotes telling that you can't use the hotkey feature (for whatever reason, doesn't matter). But this popup has got no indication at all that it comes from Stickynotes, this needs to change so the user knows from where it comes.

I suggest to change the title. "Warning" is the current title, but it's already clear that it is a 'warning', so better change that to 'Stickynotes v1.1.117' or something.

;)

This post was edited on 02-27-2007 at 12:39 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-27-2007 12:31 AM
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: URGENT (was: RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117))
quote:
Stickynotes update notes:

When the user gets a "new update available" window, the release notes are a bit strange:
This version of Stickynotes is even more bugfixes and changes for the final Plus! release.
change to:
This version of Stickynotes is even more bugfixed and changed for the new Plus! release.

("final" to "new" cause there is no such thing as a 'final' version though; a new release will always be 'final' until the next release ;))
Typo :P

quote:
More urgent to fix:

Eventhough the user has cancelled the update, a popup may appear from Stickynotes telling that you can't use the hotkey feature (for whatever reason, doesn't matter). But this popup has got no indication at all that it comes from Stickynotes, this needs to change so the user knows from where it comes.

I suggest to change the title. "Warning" is the current title, but it already clear that it is a 'warning', so better change that to 'Stickynotes v1.1.117' or something.

;)

I have changed the title and it will be included in the next update :) (which will be soon ;))
02-27-2007 12:38 AM
Rodney

34 / Male / Flag
Stickynotes
When I add a note and start typing something in it, for some odd reason after a couple of words it starts to act as if I'm keeping some key pressed.
Best explained in a screenshot, see attachment.
It happens with every single note I try, after a seemingly random amount of letters/time. Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: forgot information:
Vista Business
WLM .178
MP!L .261
Stickynotes .122

.jpg File Attachment: stickynotes.jpg (10.01 KB)
This file has been downloaded 156 time(s).

This post was edited on 02-27-2007 at 05:40 PM by Rodney.
02-27-2007 05:39 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Stickynotes
Can't reproduce on WinXP SP2

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.01.0178
Messenger Plus! Live 4.11.0.261
[Image: 25dr3o9]
02-27-2007 05:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
RE: Stickynotes
Can't reproduce here either, exactly the same versions of everything as in the first post.

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (6.0.6000)
Windows Live Messenger 8.01.0178
Messenger Plus! Live 4.11.0.261
02-27-2007 06:00 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117)
URGENT: Stickynotes still produces popups at startup.

1) At Messenger startup:
- messagebox "The hotkey to add a note can not be registered"
- all the existing notes

2) At user sign in: "update available"

All still not fixed. For the update and the notes, remember that settings are not removed when plus! installs the scripts, so this has the potential to display the update window since it could have been longer than 7 days since the previous version was installed and thus that registry setting set.

This post was edited on 02-28-2007 at 05:35 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-28-2007 05:18 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: