What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » PC Gameplay Graphics Help

PC Gameplay Graphics Help
Author: Message:
LoochTheMan

= Su-Fi =

– / Male / Flag
O.P. PC Gameplay Graphics Help
I bought NFS: Most Wanted for my PC, however when I set the in game display settings to any resolution higher than 800x600, the game is very choppy and doesnt run smoothly (my screen resolution is really 1440X900). I'm thinking it has something do do with my video card, which I believe is an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series, so I think (let me know if thats not a video card). Is there any settings i can change on my computer that will help me play games with a higher resolution with faster gameplay, or is my video card just garbage and doesnt support it.

Thanks.
[Image: dane_banner_01.gif]

"That Dane Cook Is A Silly Bitch"

01-31-2007 07:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: PC Gameplay Graphics Help
The resolution you use on your desktop doesn't have anything to do with the resolution you should use in games. Also (don't quote me on this) Radeon Xpress cards aren't really made for gaming, and I don't think you can get it to run better without changing your graphics card.
[Image: signature.php]
01-31-2007 07:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: PC Gameplay Graphics Help
Chances are that it's changing the graphics back because your graphics card can't handle it. The game has great graphics and is hard to run on such graphics cards.
01-31-2007 08:03 PM
LoochTheMan

= Su-Fi =

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: PC Gameplay Graphics Help
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Chances are that it's changing the graphics back because your graphics card can't handle it. The game has great graphics and is hard to run on such graphics cards.

It doesnt change them back, it just runs the game very slowly and is choppy. But I guess it is due to my graphic card, i'll just have to settle. Thanks for the help.
[Image: dane_banner_01.gif]

"That Dane Cook Is A Silly Bitch"

01-31-2007 08:05 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: