What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Retrieving and Displaying Webpages

Retrieving and Displaying Webpages
Author: Message:
ScM

PHP/MySQL Programmer...

36 / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Retrieving and Displaying Webpages
I was trying to write a script that would allow me to open and display the contents of a website inside of an MP!L window, but this proved harder than expected! I'm an experienced web designer/coder (PHP + MySQL) but I'm practically useless when it comes to XML :(
(I also tried opening a window in IE but cannot seem to figure out why i can't get it to open...) I have deleted most of my code and all I have now is the code to open the MP!L window...

I was hoping someone could show me some example codes that would allow me to open pages in an MP!L window... Any help would be much appreciated

-ScM (Please pardon my spelling/structure as I am dyslexic)

This post was edited on 02-08-2007 at 08:36 PM by ScM.
Hmm, I seem to have forgotten what this does again... What? of course I'm sure... Wait... why do I have to reboot? oh well, here goes nothing... windows won't start... oh, I remember, that was a virus... maybe I should start labeling things correctly... eh, screw it...
02-08-2007 07:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
roflmao456
Skinning Contest Winner

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Retrieving and Displaying Webpages
you cannot have browser windows in a MP!L window..

no control for it ;0 already asked this question... Search!

;)
[quote]
Ultimatess6
: What a noob mod
02-08-2007 10:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ScM

PHP/MySQL Programmer...

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Retrieving and Displaying Webpages
Thats not what I was looking for! :P I wanted the content from a site, not the window itself, as if it were just a .txt file retrieved from another location. I was looking for something similar to the myspace new message checker, but one that actually displayed the data it retrieved... ( I am working on modding that script to see if it can be done, but I havent gotten anywhere...)

The browser window comment was 'geared' more towards opening a site in IE or Firefox, not using one in MP!L...

This post was edited on 02-09-2007 at 01:07 AM by ScM.
Hmm, I seem to have forgotten what this does again... What? of course I'm sure... Wait... why do I have to reboot? oh well, here goes nothing... windows won't start... oh, I remember, that was a virus... maybe I should start labeling things correctly... eh, screw it...
02-09-2007 01:07 AM
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
Do you want the actual page source?

code:
var pRequest = new ActiveXObject('Microsoft.XMLHTTP');
pRequest.open('GET', 'http://www.website.com/page.html', true);
pRequest.onreadystatechange = function() {
     if (pRequest.readyState == 4) {
          var sPage = pRequest.responseText;
          // sPage will contain the contents of the page.
     }
}
pRequest.send('');

This post was edited on 02-09-2007 at 01:25 AM by deAd.
02-09-2007 01:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ScM

PHP/MySQL Programmer...

36 / Male / –
I'll try that, thanks. any idea how to send your email address to a page (using POST)?
02-10-2007 09:50 AM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ScM
I'll try that, thanks. any idea how to send your email address to a page (using POST)?
-dt-'s reply to [?] xmlhttp POST
02-10-2007 09:54 AM
ScM

PHP/MySQL Programmer...

36 / Male / –
Thanks!
02-10-2007 09:56 AM
ScM

PHP/MySQL Programmer...

36 / Male / –
Ok, I've been trying to figure this out, but how do i use the retrieved site inside an MP!L window? I designed it to retrieve data from a MySQL database, and then display this data, but i guess im not used to xml, or the .js script format that MP!L uses...
02-14-2007 08:20 AM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ScM
Ok, I've been trying to figure this out, but how do i use the retrieved site inside an MP!L window? I designed it to retrieve data from a MySQL database, and then display this data, but i guess im not used to xml, or the .js script format that MP!L uses...
Have you read the Scripting Documentation
02-14-2007 11:21 AM
ScM

PHP/MySQL Programmer...

36 / Male / –
yeah, and the tutorials in it didnt even work... i went to the IRC room to get help, and they showed me what was wrong...
02-15-2007 06:12 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: