What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » "Contact list transparency" option does not work

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
"Contact list transparency" option does not work
Author: Message:
ozRocker

O.P. RE: "Contact list transparency" option does not work
quote:
Originally posted by deAd
That skin has no transparency! It's just a background image that gives an illusion of transparency. It is not possible to only make one part of the window transparent.

So you're saying this person has set the contact list background to appear as part of the vapor image?  If that's the case, how do I change the background image for the contact list?
02-13-2007 04:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: "Contact list transparency" option does not work
quote:
Originally posted by ozRocker
quote:
That skin has no transparency! It's just a background image that gives an illusion of transparency. It is not possible to only make one part of the window transparent.

So you're saying this person has set the contact list background to appear as part of the vapor image?  If that's the case, how do I change the background image for the contact list?

You can't; that background was built into the skin. You'll need to learn how to skin or get a custom skin made (don't know who'll do that though) if you want this.

EDIT: you can add a background image to the contact list by placing an image file named "lvback.gif" in the Messenger directory, but this is different than what you are looking for.

This post was edited on 02-13-2007 at 04:59 AM by deAd.
02-13-2007 04:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ozRocker

O.P. RE: "Contact list transparency" option does not work
quote:
You can't; that background was built into the skin. You'll need to learn how to skin or get a custom skin made (don't know who'll do that though) if you want this.

EDIT: you can add a background image to the contact list by placing an image file named "lvback.gif" in the Messenger directory, but this is different than what you are looking for.

Yeh, I've been trying to learn skinning so I've been posting around the skinning forums aswell.

Actually, the lvback.gif was what I was looking for.  Thanks heaps for that tip!  There's still a few other things I wanna change like background colour and stuff but I think I'll leave that to the skinning forums.

Cheers mate!
02-13-2007 05:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: