What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Some advice would be appreciated (condoms)

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
Some advice would be appreciated (condoms)
Author: Message:
wacky

Chromo :wink:

– / – / Flag
RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms)
quote:
Originally posted by UTI
Have her go on birth control... A lot less to worry about then...
what if she forgets... its damn easier to forget to take pills than to just put a condom on :-/

I stay away from pills cuz i know I'll forget

This guy was simply asking about a certain type of condom. If he and his girl are comfortable with them, then let him be. I think condoms are fine. Why should it always be the girl dealing with all the crap :-/
02-12-2007 11:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dr4g0n
Agreed. Talk to your girlfriend, not a forum. =p

As I'm unsure of your age I'm not sure this is relevant, but in a developing woman (read: teenager) sex without a condom can lead to cervical cancer; this is because it's still developing. More info
There is a recently released vaccine for the STI which causes 90% of cervical cancer cases.

This post was edited on 02-13-2007 at 12:59 AM by Underlord.
02-13-2007 12:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by wacky
quote:
Originally posted by UTI
Have her go on birth control... A lot less to worry about then...
what if she forgets... its damn easier to forget to take pills than to just put a condom on :-/

I stay away from pills cuz i know I'll forget

This guy was simply asking about a certain type of condom. If he and his girl are comfortable with them, then let him be. I think condoms are fine. Why should it always be the girl dealing with all the crap :-/

True... but if your not responsible enough to take your birth control pill everymorning... are you really responsible enough to be having sex?... also, forgetting to take your pill once a month isn't the end of the world... as long as you don't have sex that day I think you're fine... All most of them are is a large amount of estrogen... They just make your body think your constantly pregnant (hormone-wise)...

And Yes... he did specifically ask about a certain type of condom... but he asked about it's reliabliability... Which, if they're on birth control... can lessen the concerns.
02-13-2007 01:11 AM
Dr4g0n

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
There is a recently released vaccine for the STI which causes 90% of cervical cancer cases.
That's good news =] (Although I didn't know it was an STI..)

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
as long as you don't have sex that day I think you're fine...
If you miss a day, it can mess the whole cycle up.. (Note: "missing" a day is being outside of eight hours of when you'd normally take it.)
02-13-2007 05:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
wacky

Chromo :wink:

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by UTI
True... but if your not responsible enough to take your birth control pill everymorning... are you really responsible enough to be having sex?
sex itself and taking a pill is very different things
forgetting a pill is damn easy to do. It's not really about responsibility. If you have a busy life where you're always on the go. You can't think of everything. Also if you're tired..
I don't like any type of pills and I don't like doing certain things every single day so I would most probably forget. I have a lot of responsibilities and I can take care of them but I have had to take pills every day for a certain amount of time and I would forget :-/

This post was edited on 02-13-2007 at 10:55 PM by wacky.
02-13-2007 10:53 PM
Vimto

In and Out

32 / Female / Flag
When I was in a serious relationship I went on the POP Pill This is 99% effective and I am a real scatter brain but its important so I never forgot it.

Its also better than the combined pill becuase it doesnt cause serious side effects such as blood clots and cancer of the breast or cervix.

But you have a limit of 3 hours after the time your supposed to take it whereas the combined pill you have 12 hours.
And when your heart begins to bleed, your dead
and dead and dead indeed.
02-13-2007 11:05 PM
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
I'll be honest with you... if they were going to break easily, they'd not be allowed to sell them, especially since they're a reputable company. We actually get free condoms over here, although I haven't heard of the company before, so at first I was a bit wary of them, but they work fine, even under moderate stress. (ie, blowing them up as balloons... don't ask).
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
02-13-2007 11:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
The pill isn't totally effective anyways, especially if you take antihistamines. I cant remember the exact number of my friends/family members who are the results of antihistamines or antibiotics screwing with the pill, but the most recent is a baby girl due in June. :D
02-14-2007 04:21 AM
somelauw

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
I'll be honest with you... if they were going to break easily, they'd not be allowed to sell them, especially since they're a reputable company. We actually get free condoms over here, although I haven't heard of the company before, so at first I was a bit wary of them, but they work fine, even under moderate stress. (ie, blowing them up as balloons... don't ask).
How strict they are tested depends on the country you are living in.

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
The pill isn't totally effective anyways, especially if you take antihistamines. I cant remember the exact number of my friends/family members who are the results of antihistamines or antibiotics screwing with the pill, but the most recent is a baby girl due in June. :D
The number of unwished children a year when pill is used is smaller than number of unwished children a year when using condom in our country.
Please add one 6 to my postcount and I'm tha Beast!
This signature was written when my postcount was 66
02-14-2007 08:40 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: