What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Send Instant Message Window Sucks

Send Instant Message Window Sucks
Author: Message:
chompas

Put the box

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Send Instant Message Window Sucks
Hi I'm just giving my opinion of the Send instant message window. I don't have a fast pc, so, when I want to open a new conversation window I right click on the tray messenger icon and choose "Send Instant Message" instead of opening WLM and then double clicking on the contact.

When I start using WLM 8.0 I noticed an annoyance. Using this window make appear all contacts, not only the online ones. I know that know you can send messages to all contacts but I't would be great to show contacts grouped by online/offline to make it easier.
But when I installed the 8.1beta I notice a second thing. Now in that window, leaving the mouse over a contact doesn't shows his email, making me difficult to know who is that contact if he/she changes his Nickname often. So I have to open a conversation window or open WLM main window to see what contact is. I know that maybe this is not a big deal for many people with speed computers, but for me its really annoying.

I would send this same post to Windows Feedback (if it exist) to see if they read it at least.
[Image: BannerIncubus.jpg]
02-16-2007 06:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Send Instant Message Window Sucks
quote:
Originally posted by chompas
But when I installed the 8.1beta I notice a second thing. Now in that window, leaving the mouse over a contact doesn't shows his email, making me difficult to know who is that contact if he/she changes his Nickname often.
quote:
Originally posted by chompas
I don't have a fast pc, so, when I want to open a new conversation window I right click on the tray messenger icon and choose "Send Instant Message" instead of opening WLM and then double clicking on the contact.
These still exists...and BTW 8.1 is out.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6560 days, 9 hours, 59 minutes, 13 seconds ago.

02-16-2007 08:38 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: